Hrithik Roshan Filmography- Good Or Bad ? - Page 4

Poll

Hrithik Roshan Filmography- Good Or Bad ?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Hrithik is a such waste of raw superstardom. I personally believe his ceiling in stardom hierarchy is THE highest of anyone but my man is too busy chasing nirvana so I guess it is what it is. Potential level: Megastar!  Wishful thinking in him completely embracing his commercial, massy appeal and churning out multiple movies a year. The dude's too lazy and has other ambitions cinematically and that's okay I guess.  🥱

Breaking Day One Records - Hrithik Roshan Fifth Time With War

Friday 04 October 2019 11.45 ISTBox Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

Hrithik Roshan broke the opening day record for the fifth time in his career with War while it was a first for Tiger Shroff. Hrithik Roshan has broken the opening day record five times in his career which is the same as Salman Khan who has also done it five times.

Shahrukh Khan has broken the opening day record six times and surprisngly Aamir Khan has also done it six times as you would expect Shahrukh Khan and Salman Khan to be dominating. Today a lot depends on the date as no one is beating the record of War without a holiday but Hrithik Roshan has a good chance to surpass the recent stars with the correct dates and genre.

Tiger Shroff became the first one from the new generation to set an opening day with War. Below are the counts of big stars in the last three decades who have set opening day records. The list is set in the order they entered the Hindi film industry.

Sanjay Dutt

1. Kshatriya

2. Khalnayak

3. Agneepath

Sunny Deol

1. Narsimha 

2. Kshatriya

3. Border

4. Indian

Aamir Khan

1. Mangal Pandey

2. Fanaa

3. Ghajini

4. 3 Idiots

5. Dhoom 3

6. Thugs Of Hindostan

Salman Khan

1. Karan Arjun

2. Dabangg

3. Bodyguard

4. Ek Tha Tiger

5. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo

Akshay Kumar

1. Singh Is Kinng

Ajay Devgn

1. Hindustan Ki Kasam

Shahrukh Khan

1. Karan Arjun

2. Trimurti

3. Koyla

4. Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham

5. Main Hoon Na

6. Happy New Year

Hrithik Roshan

1. Mission Kashmir

2. Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham

3. Krrish

4. Agneepath

5. War

Tiger Shroff

1. War

If we go further back and include legends and biggest stars of all time like Dharmendra, Rajesh Khanna and Amitabh Bachchan then its eleven times for Dharmendra (including Tahelka and Kshatriya), four times for Rajesh Khanna and twelve times for Amitabh Bachchan (including Bade Miyan Chhote Miyan, Hindustan Ki Kasam and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham). 

Edited by shogun - 3 years ago
Deviant_Pixel thumbnail

Terrible barring a few.

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

His films that I like:

Agneepath

Bang Bang

Dhoom 2

Guzaarish

Jodha Akbar 

K3G

Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai

Koi Mil Gaya

Krrish

Lakshya

Luck By Chance

Mission Kashmir

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

Going by the fact that I love so many of his films, I would say he has a pretty good filmography.

YoursTrulyOne thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This guy was the only one who gave khans a good competition during their peak but doing way too less movies and going after niche products like kites, guzarrish and JA to an extent when he was the #1 superstar of India after Dhoom 2 ruined it. He is doing the same now after a huge success in War .

What could've been a good to great filmography now looks average.  

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

For me his films are either terrible or good...no middle ground haha

having said that, his biggest drawback as an actor I think is his inability to do high energy / silly/ slapstick/ comic characters (mpkdh is an example)

I think off late he’s let go of a lot of his inhibitions (less need to be stoic and perfect and more free flowing ...as seen in war) so maybe he should give comedy a try...who knows he might end up doing well

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: shogun

Hrithik is a such waste of raw superstardom. I personally believe his ceiling in stardom hierarchy is THE highest of anyone but my man is too busy chasing nirvana so I guess it is what it is. Potential level: Megastar!  Wishful thinking in him completely embracing his commercial, massy appeal and churning out multiple movies a year. The dude's too lazy and has other ambitions cinematically and that's okay I guess.  🥱

Breaking Day One Records - Hrithik Roshan Fifth Time With War

Friday 04 October 2019 11.45 ISTBox Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

Hrithik Roshan broke the opening day record for the fifth time in his career with War while it was a first for Tiger Shroff. Hrithik Roshan has broken the opening day record five times in his career which is the same as Salman Khan who has also done it five times.

Shahrukh Khan has broken the opening day record six times and surprisngly Aamir Khan has also done it six times as you would expect Shahrukh Khan and Salman Khan to be dominating. Today a lot depends on the date as no one is beating the record of War without a holiday but Hrithik Roshan has a good chance to surpass the recent stars with the correct dates and genre.

Tiger Shroff became the first one from the new generation to set an opening day with War. Below are the counts of big stars in the last three decades who have set opening day records. The list is set in the order they entered the Hindi film industry.

Sanjay Dutt

1. Kshatriya

2. Khalnayak

3. Agneepath

Sunny Deol

1. Narsimha 

2. Kshatriya

3. Border

4. Indian

Aamir Khan

1. Mangal Pandey

2. Fanaa

3. Ghajini

4. 3 Idiots

5. Dhoom 3

6. Thugs Of Hindostan

Salman Khan

1. Karan Arjun

2. Dabangg

3. Bodyguard

4. Ek Tha Tiger

5. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo

Akshay Kumar

1. Singh Is Kinng

Ajay Devgn

1. Hindustan Ki Kasam

Shahrukh Khan

1. Karan Arjun

2. Trimurti

3. Koyla

4. Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham

5. Main Hoon Na

6. Happy New Year

Hrithik Roshan

1. Mission Kashmir

2. Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham

3. Krrish

4. Agneepath

5. War

Tiger Shroff

1. War

If we go further back and include legends and biggest stars of all time like Dharmendra, Rajesh Khanna and Amitabh Bachchan then its eleven times for Dharmendra (including Tahelka and Kshatriya), four times for Rajesh Khanna and twelve times for Amitabh Bachchan (including Bade Miyan Chhote Miyan, Hindustan Ki Kasam and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham). 

I am going thru these movies, majority are not great hits at all of those stars 

Like Sunny deol is known for movie hits like ghayal, ghatak, damini and gadar not border usually

Salman was known for maine pyar kiya, hum apke hain kaun and hum dil de chuke saman none are there ok now its dabang but dabbang has no shelf life who will watch it repeatedly? hardly anyone 

SRK is known for Darr, Bazigaar, DDJL and kuch kuch hota hai and kabhi kushi kabhi gham 

So its like opening day record break has no value actually 

Its how long the film can sustain in theatres and how many decades of recall it has or how much reruns it has on TV 

If you say Hrithik is super star he has least acting talent among all super stars from beginning like dilip kumar, rajesh khanna, dharmendra, amitabh bachchan, SRK, and amir khan. Only Salman is more bad than him or both are equal level of talent as Salman has more charisma to sustain for 33 years 

I do not think hrithik is a super star of league SRK, Amir and Salman were at their peak 

From what i see repeat viewing of hrithik movies is low on tv. The day i saw main prem ki deewani hoon on TV and his horrible acting in that i decided not to watch his movies. Only JA, k3g and guzaarish i have watched after that. Same for kareena i was in shock at her acting. I said not this OTT content for me. I may watch 5 mins while flipping channels but full movie is tough except 3 idiots of amir. I mean hrithik may have krish series, war etc but they are not great movies you want to watch 20 times on TV like sholay, damini etc Only JA comes in that category of repeat watch 

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago
DushtKanya thumbnail

Fiza, Mission Kashmir, K3G, Lakshya, Dhoom 2, Jodhaa Akbar, Guzaarish, ZNMD, Agneepath, Super 30 and War can safely be called enjoyable movies (although I personally liked Kites a lot, Bang Bang and NTJHN (yeah lmao) as well) that are not made by his father. I'd say above average overall, strictly considering his initial movies but even though he's not the best actor out there and weak in comedy, he's versatile imo. Simpleton and cool dude in his debut movie itself, terrorist, mental patient, lieutenant/soldier, superhero, stylish thief/agent, emperor, quadriplegic, blind man, bihari teacher. He's done only 24 films in 20 years - which is one drawback - but he's done pretty challenging roles. 

Another thing is he's rejected too many good films: Dil Chahta Hai, 3 Idiots, Rang De Basanti, Swades, Haider and promising stuff like Paani and Shuddhi. Another thing, his father may have given him a few huge hits in his career, but he works hard and delivers in them. So he's clearly not a 'talentless' star kid (FAR from it for me 😆), which is why he's considered the last superstar of Bollywood. He has earned his audience.

DushtKanya thumbnail

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

Too much effort for a shitty actor ! 

Thanks for trying to calculate the flop ratio though, I'm sure it took less time than reading the headline 😗

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Only one who was giving competition to srk when srk was in his peak 

Edited by MunnaBadnamHua - 3 years ago
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: DushtKanya

Fiza, Mission Kashmir, K3G, Lakshya, Dhoom 2, Jodhaa Akbar, Guzaarish, ZNMD, Agneepath, Super 30 and War can safely be called enjoyable movies (although I personally liked Kites a lot, Bang Bang and NTJHN (yeah lmao) as well) that are not made by his father. I'd say above average overall, strictly considering his initial movies but even though he's not the best actor out there and weak in comedy, he's versatile imo. Simpleton and cool dude in his debut movie itself, terrorist, mental patient, lieutenant/soldier, superhero, stylish thief/agent, emperor, quadriplegic, blind man, bihari teacher. He's done only 24 films in 20 years - which is one drawback - but he's done pretty challenging roles. 

Another thing is he's rejected too many good films: Dil Chahta Hai, 3 Idiots, Rang De Basanti, Swades, Haider and promising stuff like Paani and Shuddhi. Another thing, his father may have given him a few huge hits in his career, but he works hard and delivers in them. So he's clearly not a 'talentless' star kid (FAR from it for me 😆), which is why he's considered the last superstar of Bollywood. He has earned his audience.

I agree hes hard working 

actually many 90s nepotism pdts were hard working and good like sunny deol, akshaye khanna, ajay devgan