Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BombayChic thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Amir’s character is my least favorite. Utter selfish he is. Plus director shows Devika as vamp and gold digger whereas it was all Sanjay’s fault. Devika did not pretend to be someone else. Sanjay wanted girl out of his reach and she was no match to him. 

But I like movie as a whole. One of my all time favorite. Nice of Sanjay to turn it all around. Ratan though will forever be my most fav in the movie. 

But din't Devika's behaviour and attitude change the day she came to know Sanjay is not a rich guy , more pathetic is how she treats him like a dirt whereas i feel sanjay did like her or was attracted to her however wrong he was. This shows that she was with him for the riches. (Coz she also hopped on from Shekhar to Sanjay very easily)😊 Anyway that's my interpretation. 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: tina59

I was the one who realized how un-likable Sajay was and how I overlooked this when I watched this movie several years back in my younger days.

I agree. I wanted to throw something at my screen at Sanjay’s antics. Something I overlooked when I was younger. Though I still found myself rooting for him in the end. Wonder if it’s the power of the story or Aamir’s sincerity as an actor?

The song ‘ Roothke humse kabhi’ and especially the line.. ‘ main toh na chala tha do kadam bhi tum bin’ makes me tear up even now.

Sharing the link for the JJWS reunion

https://youtu.be/ROlOyNMsm0U

Edited by LizzieBennett - 3 years ago
DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Kjo's Student of the year is based on this movie.

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tina59

I would have loved to see Shekar's growth as well. He was a spoilt brat too but disciplined and a natural leader. That one scene when Ratan slips and falls off and he tries to catch him redeemed him a bit and showed that he has the potential to grow and become a better version of himself.

An example of good story telling and direction. Nowadays directors are too busy in shows mg good guy and bad guy 

AB_RB thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Everything is pitch perfect in this movie except that story line. For having such a nuance in the antagonist character I expected that story line to be a bit different. 

Sanjay may not accept and blamed her at that time because he was still spoilt brat. But, some other character should have been shown his error ways to him by talking.

Instead everything falls upon the rich girl and the hero somehow redeemed by making her vamp in that story line when he was the one started the relationship by lying. 

Such representation just reinforces that end justifes the means.