Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Amirs character represents many youth in real life

They come from villages and small towns with parents saving every pie to get them to a big college in a big city to make future

Few youths lose sight of that goal they come with and get dazzled by the big city life and squander money on impressing others or trying to match up to city classmates their dress style, their bikes/cars or going to parties in big hotels frequently 

Have you not seen anyone like that in college? Or even in company?

They start mocking others who do not follow such life style just to show they are super cool to the world etc 

If you live in big city you come up with many such characters in real life too 

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago
nema123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

One of my fav movie... and as youth at that time, I felt so bad for Ratan.. he did everything right.. but still he could not be the winner.. I really hated Amir’s character for that. 

Sigh.. real life is no different though.. people who are proactive, takes care of issues before it arises are never recognized.. people who saves in last min ( from the mess they themself created) are recognized more..

Edited by nema123 - 3 years ago
TC_FA thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8

One of my favorite movies❤️

Sanjay wasn't a brat. He was just irresponsible.

And his brother's accident made him realise that how he was earlier so he redeemed himself and become a responsible person

PS- My most favorite in the movie was Ayesha Jhulka aka anjali ❤️

LizzieBennet thumbnail

I love this movie. I was a huge Aamir fan and I remember watching this in the theatre and cheering like mad during the last cycle race.

I too rewatched recently with my daughter and like you, also noticed Sanjay’s flaws a lot more. So did my daughter. She didn’t like him much in the beginning but could see his redemption and noted how hard he worked to get back what he’d lost. I agree with a lot of others here who have pointed out that life is full of second chances, and when you take them and use them to make up for your misdeeds you can be forgiven. I like how simply the movie shows this without any big rona-dhona scenes and bhari-bharkam dialogues. 

I recall Mansoor Khan saying in an interview how he had loosely based the characters of Sanjay, Devika and Anjali on Archie, Veronica and Betty. Sanjay, like Archie, can be blind, immature and selfish but in the end he comes through. 
That said, I found Anjali lacking in self-respect  and really wanted her to give it back to Sanjay on more than one occasion. 

Rattan’s character was amazing though. And it makes me ponder about the movie’s message. Sanjay is the hero only because he won? 

Edited by LizzieBennett - 3 years ago
BombayChic thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Not to forget , the movie had such good songs! 😊 roothke humse kabhi jab chale jaoge tum...such a good track , along with Pehla nasha, yaha k sun sikander and others. Why dont they make such good music and songs today.🤔

Originally posted by: nema123

One of my fav movie... and as youth at that time, I felt so bad for Ratan.. he did everything right.. but still he could not be the winner.. I really hated Amir’s character for that. 

Sigh.. real life is no different though.. people who are proactive, takes care of issues before it arises are never recognized.. people who saves in last min ( from the mess they themself created) are recognized more..

Not true always! Just like how its not true that people who save in the last minute get recognized always...The problem is in seeking the recognition from someone else...As long as the individual knows that it is, who cares about the other people’s recognition? 

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Well the movie was about his growth.. he saw the err of his ways post his brother's condition which is why he decided to take part in cycle.. it just wasn't about the cycle race but about him taking responsibility..

Yes.. he should have apologized to the girl for lying through his teeth but then she immediately joined his worse enemy who mocked him night and day post the heartbreak so I can get why the thought of apologizing did not cross his mind

nema123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Not true always! Just like how its not true that people who save in the last minute get recognized always...The problem is in seeking the recognition from someone else...As long as the individual knows that it is, who cares about the other people’s recognition? 

I agree.. but for young minds it does matter.. each and every one  seek for some recognition..when working.. seeks as promotion... salary raises..all matters..

Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

When I saw this movie as a kid, I was a huge Aamir fan.. and I absolutely hated his character in the movie.. goes to show how good an actor he was.. but yes, the movie was about his journey from being an entitled spoilt brat to a responsible brother and son.. I think, even though he blamed Devika, everyone who knew him pretty much were aware of why and how she got involved with him.. he was actually quite awful with her as well..