Does off-screen personality have a part to play in a star's appeal?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Sometimes, I wonder if the off-screen personality also plays a part in a star's appeal. Is it a combination of off-screen personality and on-screen work which contributes to making a star?

Something which puts me off about the following stars( though it might contribute to appeal for others):

Ranveer - OTT nature

Alia -- Dumbness

Salman -- His past with Aishwarya, criminal past

Sonam Kapoor -- High-and-mighty attitude, entitlement

Kangana -- Crazy, high-handed

Stars whose off-screen personality I like:

Shraddha -- Sweet, non-controversial

Ayushmann -- Down-to-earth nature

Sid Malhotra -- A real gentleman

SRK- Wit and charm

So, do you think it is the complete package which matters, including a star's off-screen personality?

Edited by mintyblue - 3 years ago

A little bit of personality and life experience makes a difference. The ones who have come up from scratch or know the value of what they have (insiders) is what appeals me.

I like Siddhant C, Ayushman, Shraddha, Tara, Priyanka, Hrithik, Sidharth M, Katrina. You can feel their aura but can't see it since they are so humble.

Absolutely! I love Ayushman and Abhay Deol movies but the fact that they are stand up, self-aware, humble guys off screen makes me like them more and look forward to whatever work they do.

And the flip side is true too. I went from really liking RS to not giving two frucks about him because his personality started veering away from the one I loved.

Regardless, I don’t discriminate when it comes to movies. If it’s a well made film, my opinion on their real life personality doesn’t matter.

Only if they're convicted rapists, abusers etc... don't feel like watching their stuff then. 

No. Contrary to popular belief that off-screen personality matters, majority of people watching bollywood films don't care about off-screen antics. They only love or hate how the actor performs on screen. It's their charisma on the big screen that make them appeal to the audience.

Edited by heartbleed - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Chameli_billi

I went from really liking RS to not giving two frucks about him because his personality started veering away from the one I loved.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who was put off by his personality.

I don't think anyone has watched Band Baaja Baarat as many times as I have (no less than 40 times, back to back) and rooted for this guy to make it big. He seemed like such a soft spoken, mild mannered young guy, with dreams in his eyes, in his initial interviews. Took a complete 360° turn during Lootera's announcement.

I realise his behaviour was so deceptive.