Does off-screen personality have a part to play in a star's appeal?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Sometimes, I wonder if the off-screen personality also plays a part in a star's appeal. Is it a combination of off-screen personality and on-screen work which contributes to making a star?

Something which puts me off about the following stars( though it might contribute to appeal for others):

Ranveer - OTT nature

Alia -- Dumbness

Salman -- His past with Aishwarya, criminal past

Sonam Kapoor -- High-and-mighty attitude, entitlement

Kangana -- Crazy, high-handed

Stars whose off-screen personality I like:

Shraddha -- Sweet, non-controversial

Ayushmann -- Down-to-earth nature

Sid Malhotra -- A real gentleman

SRK- Wit and charm

So, do you think it is the complete package which matters, including a star's off-screen personality?

Edited by mintyblue - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

A little bit of personality and life experience makes a difference. The ones who have come up from scratch or know the value of what they have (insiders) is what appeals me.

I like Siddhant C, Ayushman, Shraddha, Tara, Priyanka, Hrithik, Sidharth M, Katrina. You can feel their aura but can't see it since they are so humble.

Supari_khala thumbnail

Absolutely! I love Ayushman and Abhay Deol movies but the fact that they are stand up, self-aware, humble guys off screen makes me like them more and look forward to whatever work they do.

And the flip side is true too. I went from really liking RS to not giving two frucks about him because his personality started veering away from the one I loved.

Regardless, I don’t discriminate when it comes to movies. If it’s a well made film, my opinion on their real life personality doesn’t matter.

pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Only if they're convicted rapists, abusers etc... don't feel like watching their stuff then. 

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

No. Contrary to popular belief that off-screen personality matters, majority of people watching bollywood films don't care about off-screen antics. They only love or hate how the actor performs on screen. It's their charisma on the big screen that make them appeal to the audience.

Edited by heartbleed - 3 years ago
ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

I went from really liking RS to not giving two frucks about him because his personality started veering away from the one I loved.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who was put off by his personality.

I don't think anyone has watched Band Baaja Baarat as many times as I have (no less than 40 times, back to back) and rooted for this guy to make it big. He seemed like such a soft spoken, mild mannered young guy, with dreams in his eyes, in his initial interviews. Took a complete 360° turn during Lootera's announcement.

I realise his behaviour was so deceptive.