Lootera vs Barfi: better sound track?

Poll Choice
Lootera
Barfi
Login To Vote
Posted: 3 years ago

https://youtu.be/pgJ8M7c4mro

https://youtu.be/_4qBfcF6KK0

I personally like both very much, but overall I think Barfi is a simple yet beautiful composition, while Lootera is a work of genius.

Plus Sawaar Loon is better than any song of Barfi.

Both have their own charms like you said, but Amit Trivedi's compositions are irresistible to me; so I'd pick Lootera. Mannmarziyaan is gorgeous ❤️ 

I'd also add that imo Fitoor has a better album than both. Tere Liye and Rangaa Re

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVwFrlf3nHI

Barfi.❤️

Songs - Audio+Video=Innocence, Magical, Pleasing..In short everything.

Lootera was haunting.One of my all time favorites.Barfi was fabulous.

But Lootera was magic.

I love both albums so much. But if I have to pick, I'll pick Lootera for 2 reasons -

(1) each score/song literally had a different tone & focused on different phases of love, from Sawar Loon to Monta Re, to Manmarziyan to Shikayatein to Zinda.. if you just listen to these songs in this sequence (and not watch the movie) they pretty much tell the story. Very rare and very few BW movies have such brilliant soundtracks that actually flow so well, and in sequence, and are able to add to the story.

(2) Not a single soundtrack that I didn't like. In fact, I love them all so much. Each song is so soulful, beautiful & different. There are very few BW movies that have such a perfect soundtrack. 

Some other personal favorite albums of mine (for similar reasons as above, in terms of the range of the songs and the quality of the songs) would be 

Barfi

Jodha Akbar

Taal  

1942 A Love Story 

Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa

Swami

Anubhav

Edited by BinKuchKahe. - 3 years ago

Out of the two albums that one song that I have repeated the most would be Phir le aaya dil, so I guess that makes Barfi the winner for me. Though sawar loon is a close second.

Barfi album is awesome wholesome. 

Lootera album gives you different kind of feel and it makes you feel proud for Indian music. I can flaunt off in front of any country how amazing is Indian music with incredible lyrics which gives words to emotion.

My favorite songs from both albums are Ankahee & Saawli si raat respectively

But I also love rekha Bhardwaj's version of phir le aya dil so yeah Barfi😆I hate its title song though😆

Lootera any day. It's sheer genius.