Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Deepika should not be blamed for Chapaak failiure!

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Guys, I am not writing this as a fan but my honest and true opinion is that Deepika should not be blamed for the failure of Chapaak. I watched the movie again and it is such a badly-made movie, with too many loopholes and a terrible, choppy screenplay. Premise is good, guaranteed, but isn't execution everything?

And the execution here is just too flawed. 

Though the topic is sensitive and quite hard-hitting, sadly the film is lazy and inconsistent. What could have been a film with an intense emotional core, has been reduced to mere narration of events in some random order.

Coming to Deepika's performance, I really don't see why people are up in arms saying it was not good. Her Malti is restrained, her childlike innocence and simplicity shining through every time she smiles. Devoid of any OTT acting, Deepika perfectly embodies Malti. 

Such movies, even if they had been executed well, might not have found an audience as the theme is too dark. And on top of that, this one wasn't even well-made.

So guys, cut Dipu some slack and let's not attribute the movie's failure due to her waning star-power.

Discuss/Comment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I haven’t watched the movie.

briahna thumbnail

in that case, begum and bahurani shouldn't be blamed for failures of  main prem ki diwaani  to jazbaas...or aloo should not be blamed for kalank

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Id blame the make up department. She looked like a ninja turtle πŸ˜†

Twitterati share screenshots of empty 'Chhapaak' shows, Deepika's ...

NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Michelangelo Exclusive 7 Action ...

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I liked the film and she was really good in it.

The film failed because she went to that godforsaken university.

Matlab apna Gold Gold

dusre ka gold Brass πŸ˜†

Apni coughing simple coughing 

Dusre ki coughing CORONA πŸ˜†

aise kaise chalega didi ? phir to baki movies chalne ka credit bhi lena padega na πŸ˜†

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

No offense. Deepika didnt make me feel bad for the character. I was watching Tripti the other day I wanted to kill Rahul's character for forcing on her. Even though he was a mentally challenged person. Still the scene made me want to kill him. I cheered for her when she answered back Binodini in a kick ass way. I didnt feel that same connect with Deepika in Chapak. And I do feel she is somewhat mechanical. You can see her thinking and feel her trying to act. She isn't the character onscreen completely. 

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

It was a terrible movie. I get why DP wanted to play such a character because it's a dream role. But she doesn't have such great acting skills to pull it off. The movie itself was not good either so that didn't help her either.

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Id blame the make up department. She looked like a ninja turtle πŸ˜†

Twitterati share screenshots of empty 'Chhapaak' shows, Deepika's ...

NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Michelangelo Exclusive 7 Action ...

Tone down on jokes dude, this is not in good taste. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: FreeTheNipple

Tone down on jokes dude, this is not in good taste. 

Amen! There could be a acid attack victim watching!