JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

After the sad demise of Bollywood's young and talented Sushant Singh Rajput, a wave of shock and grief spread across the nation. But along with that, debates over the issues of depression and nepotism too emerged.

Farhan was quoted saying, “Is there a privilege for people who’re born in the film industry? Absolutely. Will it be easier for them to gain access, to pitch a script to someone or offer their services as an actor? 100 percent, there’s no denying that. Does that mean that it’s a bad thing? No, its the lot of the draw. Your parents have worked incredibly hard to give you a headstart as any parent would like to give their kids. But are all outsiders treated badly, that’s not true.  Are all industry insiders clannish, that’s not true either.”

According to the actor, while star kids do have a headstart, it doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t be empathetic towards others’ struggles. 

Movie Mafia:

Farhan mentions that like any other fraternity, certain circles of friends are formed in Bollywood too. 

Elaborating on the concept of movie mafia he said,

“I’ve actually ended up becoming friends with people who have been good to me since the beginning of my career. As a producer and a director, I will always try to reach out to them and help them in whichever way I can. But I may not have had the same experience as everybody else, so I don’t know and it is not possible for me to tell you there’s no such thing. But, and this I’ve seen since forever, people flock to people who are successful. Good or bad, that can be discussed, but fortunately or unfortunately, this is the truth. When people are successful everyone is around them, when not, it’s only their closest friends who stick around.”

Gully Boy:

Farhan’s production venture, the Zoya Akhtar-directed Gully Boy landed in controversy for bagging several awards. After the film became India’s official entry to the Oscars, people speculated it was a result of lobbying, reports India Today. Clearing the air Farhan said, “If anyone thinks that Zoya, Ritesh (Sidhwani) or I have that kind of influence to decide which will be the Best Foreign Language entry to the Oscars, then you’re giving us a lot of credit that we don’t deserve. It’s the decision of the film federation. Of course, I’m happy that my film was picked. Should I feel guilty? No.”

Sushant: 

While speaking about SSR’s untimely death, Farhan said that we shouldn’t make speculations. Instead, he feels that people should be more empathetic about his family’s loss. Well, while being born in a star family does come with its privileges, there is certainly no shortcut to success.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Farhan should confess 😆

GumGum thumbnail

First part padhne ke baad pata chala yeh Farhan Akhter hai, Farah Khan nahin.

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Farhan should confess 😆

on what?

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

tabu, Farhan, Zoya are some of the biggest products of nepotism

After reading these zillion takes on Nepotism from zillion different people, I am tempted to say this:

Opinions are like armpits...Everyone’s got one and they stink!

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

After reading these zillion takes on Nepotism from zillion different people, I am tempted to say this:

lol.

J3601 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Farhan and Zoya Akhtar literally the two most talented people in Bollywood today, they always makes the best films so I am not even mad that they are product of nepotism

i only get mad when guys like Arjun Kapoor and Tiger get opportunity because they bring nothing to any movies 

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Hahahahaha love this post and so true 

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: J3601

Farhan and Zoya Akhtar literally the two most talented people in Bollywood today, they always makes the best films so I am not even mad that they are product of nepotism

i only get mad when guys like Arjun Kapoor and Tiger get opportunity because they bring nothing to any movies 

Ananya Pandey