Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AB_RB thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

As far as understand znmd it is a story of three friends. All three of them are leads. Kat, nassureedin and kalki supporting artists. So, I don't know how it become a man, a woman and two friends story.

Indian awards from the beginning has been total clueless of story and screenplay but very much of the economy. So, don't care what's the story or screenplay. We will nominate the most popular actor and actress in leading category. 

My problem is Abhay getting supporting role nomination. If you guys don't want nominate him in leading role, it's ok. There can two or three people in focus in a story. Hrithik is most popular , so... But giving supporting nomination is something I can't wrap my head around.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Peek-A-Boo

The most accurate assessment of this situation. There are outsiders who don’t even get nominated for supporting roles despite having good performances .

Hey there’s a lot of talented people who can’t even get films. It’s sad but you can’t just pin suicides on people who won’t give them films. An I know you don’t I’m saying in general 

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

He has an axe to grind. 

Against whom??? 

So everything is well in the industry, there's nothing wrong and no one should talk about it. 

what is this???

So how is one supposed to address these issues? 

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Can anyone tell me why Neil Nitin was nominated for Supporting role for NY when he was in fact the main lead of the movie 

Supari_khala thumbnail

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

You derailed the topic to whine about the conspiracy theory in your head and made personal comments. Stick to the topic instead of flailing around trying to attack someone who has an argument you're not able to counter. Don't try to be the Abhay Deol of the forum. 

You're the only one flailing around. Your name calling does not faze me because you're just proving my point, even more. 😆Your vitriol has more to do with Abhay calling out SRK for fairness cream ad than this post here. Whether you admit it or not, its as clear as daylight. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: InspectorShirke

Can anyone tell me why Neil Nitin was nominated for Supporting role for NY when he was in fact the main lead of the movie 

Cause Ranbir had to be nominated twice 

nominations that year were 

RK for wake up sid

RK for Ajab Prem

Aamir for 3 idiots

Shahid first kaminey 

Saif for love aaj Kal

Big b for Paa

🤔 

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

Hey there’s a lot of talented people who can’t even get films. It’s sad but you can’t just pin suicides on people who won’t give them films. An I know you don’t I’m saying in general 

I don’t pin suicide on people not giving films but I can blame them for creating a toxic environment which makes it hard for people without GodFather to succeed . 

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Abhay Deol is sharing the experience he went through to highlight the issue of lobbying. He can only speak about what he went through.

Yes the debate of him getting nomination deservedly or not is another discussion, or outsiders not even getting that opportunity is an issue as well but he cannot address that coz he hasn't gone through that. 

He can only talk about what he underwent through his experiences. How is that difficult to understand

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Cap-Ark

My problem is Abhay getting supporting role nomination. If you guys don't want nominate him in leading role, it's ok. There can two or three people in focus in a story. Hrithik is most popular , so... But giving supporting nomination is something I can't wrap my head around.

Indian awards do this on purpose. I can't remember anymore which movie it was for but once Rani was nominated as supporting and won. She didn't attend the show because she didn't want to be called a supporting actor. But from what I remember, the competition in the lead category was too tough that year and Rani would not have been able to win.

So Filmfare stuck her in Supporting on purpose so they could give her an award.

As I said, they should just let actors submit themselves in whatever category they want. If they're not good enough, don't nominate them instead of putting them in another category and then giving them that award.

It happens in the Oscars where actors figure out which category is easier to win and submit in that one. Even if they're a lead, they will deliberately go in Supporting or vice versa depending on where the competition is easier.

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Cause Ranbir had to be nominated twice 

nominations that year were 

RK for wake up sid

RK for Ajab Prem

Aamir for 3 idiots

Shahid first kaminey 

Saif for love aaj Kal

Big b for Paa

🤔 

What a bad line up almost all of them are star kids and only Aamir and Shahid deserved the nomination. I am pretty sure there were much better actors that year. Neil Nitin should have been at least nominated.