Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KewlDude thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: aish.

He's basically saying 'jo hai uss mein khush raho'.

How conveniently are people even able to ignore the constant mental torture that he went through? I'm sorry, but I'm the kind of person who would feel bad if someone made fun of me publicly, even slightly. Sushant was like us, a common boy from a small city with big dreams, who was constantly insulted and made to realise that he just didnt fit in or belong there. It's not about being popular or having fans, its about being respected in your workplace.

Maybe some people can make peace with it, he couldnt. I guess I can relate to him that way.  

Totally agree with you. 

I am reading posts here, why didn't his fans support him. Of course his fans supported him. That is why most of his films were successful. 

What he was facing was workplace isolation,  not abandonment by fans 

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

I didn't notice this thread before and I'm glad didn't it. Because wow.

This thread itself is proof enough how some of y'all don't have a freakin' clue about depression and will call people who have passed away all sorts of names because you are way too brainless and clearly without empathy to understand. 

Firstly, Suicide shouldn't ever be glorified but goddamn would it hurt to understand why people do it? They want the pain to stop. That's it. And some of y'all will never experience that level of pain so what's with the judgement? This man is a dumbass. He could be an outsider but clearly knows jackshit about depression. Sushant took his life because of a medical illness. It's not some random 100 actors. He was sick and his mind couldn't be there for him. What are these statements. Sushant could have been the richest,most successful person in the world and still have depression. It has nothing to do with success. How ignorant.

Secondly, stop indulging people who say 'oh that's just the industry, take it or leave it. He knew what he was getting into. It's not the industry's fault. He couldn't handle it'. They normalize bullying,isolating and character assassination and portray the 'chalta hain' attitude. Just because an older generation also faced it, it's the norm and everyone has to go through the same and not feel anything? What a load of BS. Not just normalizing the actions but also defending them. 

If someone works hard to go a college and faces ragging and and it makes their life hard, it's the student's fault? What kinda sick mindset is that. Victim blaming because y'all are too comfortable basking in structural power.

There is also this how this happened to my fave so everybody deserves the same treatment! It's just the industry, you see! LOL.

Systemic exclusion, intentional bullying through blinds, rampant character assassination. Nobody can erase it by calling it 'not invited to parties'.

Really, this thread. 

Thank you for saying this. This was the thread which made me so pissed off yesterday seeing insensitive remarks on someone who is no more. Thank you ❤️

Thatgirl16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Well apologies but mental health doesn't come with a manual or a meter of what to feel when. Just like any other disease doesn't Gupta ji had cancer without smoking and drinking ever and man in my neighborhood is 93 and has been drinking and smoking all through his adult life. 

aish. thumbnail

@KewlDude- I dont get along with people from my office in general but atleast professionally, theres a mutual respect. And that affects your work and general mind space so much, how do people not even realize that?

I cant even imagine what it would feel like, giving your heart and soul to a project for months, and then it not seeing the light. Even if I try to see my self in that position, I don't think I'd be able to handle it. Nobody can work in a toxic environment, especially if you've given it your everything.

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

I don't know how people think he is making sense. The whole statement is arrogant, ignorant, tonedeafand condescending. 

Somebody has just died and saying basically woh handle nahin kar paya toh problem uski hai. Itna toh mil hi gaya tha. Phir kahe ka rona dhona. 

Disgusting 

pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

@KewlDude- I dont get along with people from my office in general but atleast professionally, theres a mutual respect. And that affects your work and general mind space so much, how do people not even realize that?

I cant even imagine what it would feel like, giving your heart and soul to a project for months, and then it not seeing the light. Even if I try to see my self in that position, I don't think I'd be able to handle it. Nobody can work in a toxic environment, especially if you've given it your everything.

Yeah, Sushant wasted YEARS on Paani, he turned down other films for that one and Shekhar Kapur and Manoj Bajpayee said Sushant cried a lot over it. Then he had a tiff with Karan because of Drive and Karan cancelled the films he had with Sushant over it. He was just facing a lot of stress because he had no movies despite giving a critically acclaimed and huge hit like Chichhore. People really don't understand the mental torture he went through 

KewlDude thumbnail

Thank you so much for putting my thoughts into words beautifully. This is what I was trying to put forward,  maybe I could not express properly

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

The amount of ignorance about mental health is baffling. Please read up on depression and educate yourselves. Depression is not a switch that you could turn on and off as soon as you become successful. People like RGV have the power to positively further the narrative on the current discourse but instead they become these educated brutes who pass judgement and deem themselves "pseudo intellectuals". God, sometimes I wish I could slap people into oblivion. 

Thatgirl16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Dumbledork

The amount of ignorance about mental health is baffling. Please read up on depression and educate yourselves. Depression is not a switch that you could turn on and off as soon as you become successful. People like RGV have the power to positively further the narrative on the current discourse but instead they become these educated brutes who pass judgement and deem themselves "pseudo intellectuals". God, sometimes I wish I could slap people into oblivion. 

This is what needs to be understood ....but🤦

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dumbledork

@bold

Very well said! 👏