Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Ronaldo_fan

Nepotism is one thing but snatching scripts from someone is complete monopoly. Spineless producers  falling to bw mafia. 

Maybe this backlash won't have long term effect but bw elitists know now that people don't buy THEIR CRAP anymore.

It won’t have any effect at all. Think about it. How long has KJO been facing backlash for his nepotism? He was even forced to apologize for his “NEPOTISM ROCKS” statement. Did anything in the industry? He successfully launched more mediocre insiders? Meanwhile we lost a total gem of an outsider ? It hasn’t changed a thing. As long the monopoly of Dharma Productions remains nothing will change. 

rainbow2017 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

A change is already coming. As OTT Platforms gain more popularity, less and less people will feel the need to spend so much money and watch movies in theatres. I am not saying that people will stop going for movies completely, but there has been a significant decline already. Major films have been flopping left, right and centre and CoVid has pretty much finished this year for Bollywood.

Even if these outsiders don't get a chance in bollywood, they can always shine on OTT platforms. Look at how Paatal Lok has made stars out of Jaideep Ahlawat, Ishwak Singh and Abhishek Banerjee. 

The day bollywood's importance diminishes or even comes to par with Television and OTT Platforms, there will be no difference left between an Alia Bhatt and a Radhika Apte as far as star status is concerned. If anything, outsiders and talented newcomers who charge less will get more chance than stuck up and talentless starkids.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

It won’t have any effect at all. Think about it. How long has KJO been facing backlash for his nepotism? He was even forced to apologize for his “NEPOTISM ROCKS” statement. Did anything in the industry? He successfully launched more mediocre insiders? Meanwhile we lost a total gem of an outsider ? It hasn’t changed a thing. As long the monopoly of Dharma Productions remains nothing will change. 

Really? he said that? What kind of a despicable person stoops so low!

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

He must be butt hurt with Kangna singing, "cuz I have a V***** re* 

That video with AIB was a gem and hilarious.🤣

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: rainbow2017

A change is already coming. As OTT Platforms gain more popularity, less and less people will feel the need to spend so much money and watch movies in theatres. I am not saying that people will stop going for movies completely, but there has been a significant decline already. Major films have been flopping left, right and centre and CoVid has pretty much finished this year for Bollywood.

Even if these outsiders don't get a chance in bollywood, they can always shine on OTT platforms. Look at how Paatal Lok has made stars out of Jaideep Ahlawat, Ishwak Singh and Abhishek Banerjee. 

The day bollywood's importance diminishes or even comes to par with Television and OTT Platforms, there will be no difference left between an Alia Bhatt and a Radhika Apte as far as star status is concerned. If anything, outsiders and talented newcomers who charge less will get more chance than stuck up and talentless starkids.

Even My Grandma watches Netflix and prime video.

Gone are the days people will watch any crap. There is just too much choice now. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Even if things do change for the better. I can not get over the death of Sushant. As someone who grew up watching him since “Kis Desh.” He was living example for the middle class youth of India that if you work hard and set your mind to it you can achieve any dream ? You don’t have to come from an elite background. Now he is gone. Where will we find that hope that he carried with him ? RIP sweet innocent soul! My heart will bleed your death forever ! 

https://youtu.be/Uh1Fp_xmfQQ

.KISS-my-ASS. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ronaldo_fan

Nepotism is one thing but snatching scripts from someone is complete monopoly. Spineless producers  falling to bw mafia. 

Maybe this backlash won't have long term effect but bw elitists know now that people don't buy THEIR CRAP anymore.

THIS !!!! 

DNA had reported that when Gauri was in talks with Kat for the role she asked her to go deglam for the role. Another source had revealed, "English Vinglish happened because Gauri pursued Sri and convinced her to make a comeback. Similarly, she is trying to convince Kat to go totally deglam for her film. Kat too, has liked the script and right now, the modalities like dates, schedules, remuneration, etc are being worked out." Turns out Kat was not meant for the part and it has now gone to Alia

However when KJo asked Gauri if she had any actress on her mind, they both agreed on Alia Bhatt.

KJo has been a mentor for Ali Bhatt ever since the two worked together for ‘Student of the Year'. He is also been involved in taking career related decisions for the actress

Now I know Katrina is a crappy performer but she can shine under good direction like we saw in zero..Bharat. This movie just might have changed her career trajectory as it was well received critically..If nepotism can snatch projects from one of the top 3 actress of the country who has a huge fan base..has worked with all the top stars then 

we can imagine how much it affected an outsider like Sushant who was isolated and bullied.

rainbow2017 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The whole world is tuning into Netflix and Prime. The pandemic has turned them into virtual goldmines. It helps that there is no censuring on OTT Platforms and hence you are virtually given a free reign to truly be creative. It is convenient, it offers a wide variety in a number of languages and most important, it is so damn cheap. With internet reaching all parts of India, it is only a matter of time, that even the remotest villages discover the magic of OTT Platforms. If you think its impossible, just remember people said the same about Smartphones a few years back. Now there are villages which have no running water and regular electricity, but villagers who have Smartphones.

India is a young country and its the youth which makes up for the chunk of viewership. With loss of income and jobs, watching a movie in a theatre will become even more avoidable than ever.  Not to mention, people are so terrified of the CoVid thing, that no sensible person will venture near a theatre till it is all cleared up. I have lived through the SARS crisis in South-east Asia and I can tell you that fear of the unknown is a very potent thing. 

If the Bollywood gang thinks that once CoVid clears up, all will be hunky dory, they cannot be more wrong. No one is going to watch a movie in a theatre for a long, long time. That will literally be the last priority. If they need to feel good, they will shop online or go and eat at their favorite restaurant, but not venture inside a theatre.

This year is the start of the end of Bollywood as we know it. 

Siddu246 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I think the audience has the right and deserve to know what those 7 films were. 

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Really sad.

Edited by togepe30 - 3 years ago