Posted: 3 years ago

Hi everyone how did you all find the Kans Vadh episode.

Although I liked the episode but somehow it seemed very fast forwarded

I think if you check the links I posted on page 1 of the discussion thread, you'll find the most extensive version that is currently available online. 😳😆

Originally posted by proteeti

I think if you check the links I posted on page 1 of the discussion thread, you'll find the most extensive version that is currently available online. 😳😆

Let me check again

It was a fitting ending to a psychopathic killer. 👏 Loved Swapnil's expressions as he killed Kans. Loved the entire sequence, esp the way the Yadavas all came together to kill him.

One thing about making the killing of Kansa look similar to the killing of the first 6 sons of Devaki:

Kansa killed Devaki's sons in response to the prophecy announcement, otherwise the chances were high that he'd have left them alone (note that this is not a rationalization for him killing them).  The argument that his pot of sins have to be filled is specious: one judges and rewards/punishes people at any point on the basis of crimes committed up to that point.  When the prophecy announced that Kansa would be killed by Devaki's 8th son, it should have been for crimes done up to that point, not including crimes that he did b'cos he panicked over being targeted for execution.

So when Vishnu was telling Radha, while explaining why Devaki's 6 kids needed to die, that Kansa's pot of sins wasn't filled as yet, that argument was hollow.  If Kansa needed to be killed, his deeds up to that point should have warranted it.  Also, if there was gonna be the caveat that Kansa would not be killed if he reformed, what was the point of having a prophecy announcement, which made it look like a point of no return?  And also, if he was gonna be killed, why announce it to the world, instead of secretly having Devaki give birth to 8 kids, and then Krishna preparing to kill Kansa?  W/o involving the deaths of not just Devaki's kids, but every baby in Gokul who was killed by Pootana, every kid who was hunted down by Kansa's army and so on?

This entire Akashwani doesn't make much sense. Kansa would definitely not have killed his nephews if not for the prophecy 

In fact he was still allowing Vasudev to have his first seven children until Narad hinted him and the eighth could be anyone

It was like compelling Kansa to do more murders. 

But then probably all kids born in that time were demigods born just for a short period of time for some punishment, I guess that justifies it

Originally posted by FlauntPessimism

This entire Akashwani doesn't make much sense. Kansa would definitely not have killed his nephews if not for the prophecy 

In fact he was still allowing Vasudev to have his first seven children until Narad hinted him and the eighth could be anyone

It was like compelling Kansa to do more murders. 

But then probably all kids born in that time were demigods born just for a short period of time for some punishment, I guess that justifies it

Yeah, once the akashwani was announced, Kansa could have simply separated Devaki from Vasudev - maybe throwing only Devaki into the dungeons and making sure that she had no sexual contact w/ anyone.

Although if a zygote could be transferred from Devaki to Rohini, Vasudev could have similarly had 8 zygotes w/  Rohini transferred to Devaki by Yogamaya in the same manner

Incidentally, b4 all of this, what were Kansa's sins?  That he was a tyrant?  A lot of rulers were tyrants.  And all the big sins that he did - his infanticide activities - he did after the akashwani, not b4.  But what did he do before to warrant the death sentence from Vishnu?

Also, where is it written that Kansa defeated Indra?  In the Dwapar Yuga, the only one who defeated Indra was Narakasura

Originally posted by .Vrish.

Yeah, once the akashwani was announced, Kansa could have simply separated Devaki from Vasudev - maybe throwing only Devaki into the dungeons and making sure that she had no sexual contact w/ anyone.

Although if a zygote could be transferred from Devaki to Rohini, Vasudev could have similarly had 8 zygotes w/  Rohini transferred to Devaki by Yogamaya in the same manner

Incidentally, b4 all of this, what were Kansa's sins?  That he was a tyrant?  A lot of rulers were tyrants.  And all the big sins that he did - his infanticide activities - he did after the akashwani, not b4.  But what did he do before to warrant the death sentence from Vishnu?

Also, where is it written that Kansa defeated Indra?  In the Dwapar Yuga, the only one who defeated Indra was Narakasura

I don't think Kansa defeated Indra 

About the first part, I had similar doubts earlier but Janki explained that he didn't consider new born babies a threat, so he wanted Devaki n Vasudev to get the kids born asap so that he might kill them and get relieved of his fear, he actually forced them to have children early or else which set of parents will actually try for the 5th child after 4 of them have been dead in front of them and they knew this would happen to the fifth one as well

Before this Kansa had imprisoned the rightful king Ugrasen, was tyrant and was bringing Adharma on land. These were his sins which caused the Akashwani to happen

Originally posted by FlauntPessimism

I don't think Kansa defeated Indra 

About the first part, I had similar doubts earlier but Janki explained that he didn't consider new born babies a threat, so he wanted Devaki n Vasudev to get the kids born asap so that he might kill them and get relieved of his fear, he actually forced them to have children early or else which set of parents will actually try for the 5th child after 4 of them have been dead in front of them and they knew this would happen to the fifth one as well

Before this Kansa had imprisoned the rightful king Ugrasen, was tyrant and was bringing Adharma on land. These were his sins which caused the Akashwani to happen

That's what I thought as well.  Although in the serial, they showed Ugrasen turn on Kansa after the latter murdered Kirtiman - the first baby - and Kansa responded w/ a coup that toppled him.  Something about that sequence didn't look right.

Another question - did Kansa have a phobia of Vishnu, as shown in the serial?

Kans died not just because he killed the babies, but because he was a violent and tyrannical person who was causing unrest among the Yadavas and offered aid to Jarasandh, who was an even bigger threat. Krishna was born not just to kill Kans, but to rid the Earth of many of its tyrannical rulers. Kans was just the first one, and the purpose of Krishna's avatar was achieved by the end of the Mahabharat war, which more or less unburdened Earth of its heavy burden of sinful Kings and rulers. 

Kans was a threat because he was secretly plotting against the Yadavas, his own people. He was against his father Ugrasena's peaceful approach and wished to offer the entire Yadava clan as allies to Jarasandh, whose aim to rule over Aryavrat Kans agreed with. None of the Yadavas cared much for Jarasandh's tyrannical approach by subjugating the other Kings. Together, the Yadava clans were very strong and almost unbeatable. That's why they were such a threat to Jarasandh. However, if the Yadavas were divided among themselves as different factions, they were easily beatable, and this is how Kans took advantage of them. He was a brutal warrior from his youth itself. He was cruel and merciless towards his own people. There is one story of him being needlessly cruel towards animals and drowning a baby animal of some sort (don't remember which animal it was), and we know today that cruelty towards animals is one of the symptoms of a psychopath. Kans was a Dwapar yuga version of a psychopath. He had no empathy or love towards anyone but himself. He cared for his own life at the cost of everyone else's. 

Anyway, Kans sucked up to Jarasandh behind his father's back and married his two daughters, Asti and Prapti, thereby gaining Jarasandh's favor. He cleverly plotted against each of the different Yadava factions and caused disagreements among them, which became so great that not even Vasudev and Devaki's marriage could bring true unity in the clan. Then when the akashwani happened, Kans used Jarasandh's army to subjugate the Yadavas, usurp the throne from his father, and threw Ugrasena in jail without any of the Yadavas batting an eye. By the time the Yadavas were ready to create an uproar, it was too late. 

So it wasn't just to kill Kans that Krishna incarnated on Earth, or the akashwani happened. Kans was just step 1 in Krishna's grand journey of ridding the Earth of its evil people. Through Kans, Krishna got to Jarasandh, and after Jarasandh also he went on to eviller and worse people who were becoming a burden to Mother Earth. 

As for why the akashwani happened, perhaps it was a test to Kans...kind of a final chance before God made the decision to actually kill him. If he truly had a heart, and if he truly cared for his sister at the expense of his own life and let her children live, Krishna may have spared him. But instead, he reacted just as Vishnu expected, by mercilessly slaughtering the innocent babies, and thus he tipped his cup of sins to such an extent that there was no choice but to kill him.