B R Chopra's Mahabharat

Does Bheem call Draupadi BhratraBharya

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

People I just heard a YouTuber. He was discussing on some point, where he said that Bheem addresses Draupadi as BratraBharya somewhere in Virat Parva

Can someone please confirm on this? I don't understand Sansksrit and have therefore have no clue about this.

In case he does, I guess our discussion on the Polyandry of Draupadi is resolved. BhratraBharya will mean the wife of brother. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NoraSM thumbnail

I read it too, I had written this during our discussion on polyandry but I keep looking for a citation and can't find one 

Can you please share the link? 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Ask the Youtuber for citation if you don't mind.

While I firmly believe there was no polyandry, am always hesitant to take the word of such fanboys/girls who shamelessly make up stories to suit their points of view. I mean... there IS something called truth which should not be bent. 

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Ask the Youtuber for citation if you don't mind.

While I firmly believe there was no polyandry, am always hesitant to take the word of such fanboys/girls who shamelessly make up stories to suit their points of view. I mean... there IS something called truth which should not be bent. 

True and sometimes I feel the new age Hindutvawaadi YouTubers try to eliminate those stuff  from the texts which they think isn't good as per today's standards. So even their statements shouldn't be believed in toto

I have requested him for the citation. Let's hope he replies

Originally posted by: NoraSM

I read it too, I had written this during our discussion on polyandry but I keep looking for a citation and can't find one 

Can you please share the link? 

This is the link for that video. He is actually justifying to a Catholic woman who claims Polyandry is in Hinduism and is a bad thing

https://youtu.be/gHE9jiVzy20

Check after 19 minutes

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Someone well verse with Sanskrit should help us here. Since  this was brought up on this forum earlier too. So if he did he really called her brother s wife. That resolve the long drawn debate on polyandry. 

Edited by Poorabhforever - 3 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

I didn't find any such in Virat Parva. Having said that, I'm told Arya Samaj MBh does portray Panchali as married only to Yudhishtira. There is no English copy. Actually, I haven't even found a Hindi copy and the info is only hearsay. If anyone has a copy, do share citations. It will take me 5 minutes to understand a Hindi sentence, but I'd want to seeЁЯШЖ

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

This is the link for that video. He is actually justifying to a Catholic woman who claims Polyandry is in Hinduism and is a bad thing

https://youtu.be/gHE9jiVzy20

Check after 19 minutes

I googled it with different keywords, there's nothing ЁЯдг

Although in Shantiparva "Bhrata Bharya" is there but it is like Brother and Wife, not Brother's wife and bheema didn't say it, bheema says something after it

Originally posted by: NoraSM

I googled it with different keywords, there's nothing ЁЯдг

Although in Shantiparva "Bhrata Bharya" is there but it is like Brother and Wife, not Brother's wife and bheema didn't say it, bheema says something after it

Who says BhratraBharya there in Shanti Parva?

Then I guess this YouTubers was just trying to come up with his own theory

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Who says BhratraBharya there in Shanti Parva?

Then I guess this YouTubers was just trying to come up with his own theory

Its in Sanskrit, it takes me a while to read Devanagari so I didn't read who said it 

"рдорд╛рддрд╛ рдкреБрддреНрд░рдГ рдкрд┐рддрд╛ рднреНрд░рд╛рддрд╛ рднрд╛рд░реНрдпрд╛ рдорд┐рддреНрд░рдЬрдирд╕реНрддрдерд╛ | рдЕрд╖реНрдЯрд╛рдкрджрдкрджрд╕реНрдерд╛рдиреЗ рддреНрд╡рдХреНрд╖рдореБрджреНрд░реЗрд╡ рдиреНрдпрд╕реНрдпрддреЗ ||38||.

I googled Draupadi Bhima " Bhrata Bharya"

This is the only place where Bhrata and Bharya are together