Mythological Masti

RS/AS Ramayana Favorite *anything*

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Jai Shree Sita Ram!

This thread is dedicated to all those moments, lyrics, dialogues, scenes from RS/AS Ramayana which hit you hard emotionally and mentally that you end up being not able to do anything whole day. Or so happy that you can't express in words. 

It could be just one single word which changed the whole feeling in that dialogue or song- you don't need to post whole thing just that particular one.

things that left you crying or give goosebumps or filled you with so much energy, love, or pain even if you watch/listen to it 100 times. 

maybe a flinch of the eye of Lakshman

Sita calling Ram as Raghav. 

a focus on his mukut latkan

Shiv ji feeling Ram ji caressing his hair.

a lone tear from someone's eye

the powerful music or camera angle in a war scene.

even the costume or stage.

This does not only include drool-worthy moments but also the least appreciated/mentioned things- very tiny detail you feel proud that you noticed them. 

The discussion will be exclusive to RS/AS Ramayana. No discussion on actors. No bashing. No comparison. This is not even an AT. just a simple thread where you can outburst those very tiny details which make you repeat watching that scene over and over again.

I hope you enjoy the discussion. because this won't need any formal discussion. 

loads of love

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DamRyeong thumbnail

res for a compiled list.

will try my best to update.

DamRyeong thumbnail

let me start with mine.

ASR/RSR

Whenever, the song lyrics address Lakshman ji as "Somitra" or "Sheshnaag"- I get so many goosebumps.

ASR

the song played when ram ji returns to Ayodhya and he meets Kaushalya maa.

the emotions not only in the scene/characters but also in song changed immediately.

from Kaikeyi's penance to Sumitra's sacrifice to Kaushalya's motherhood- "kar jode thade raghurai.." damn! it always hits me hard.

meeting Bharat- everything is smooth and we know it will be emotional- but when music stops- Ram ji says- Bharat and the lyrics starts. "bharat tyaag ki aisi pratima"- that is too good. I can never express my enough gratitude towards the whole cast and crew for that scene. 

https://youtu.be/AttU8-ccJLA?t=1439

watch from the mentioned timings- the way he comes in front. because space is not much available. it is super cute. a bit uncomfortable but manners 👍🏼

Edited by DamRyeong - 3 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Wonderful thread Swati! I will share my own thoughts soon.

Btw, one of my favorite parts right off the bat is Gurmeet's entrance as Ram. I like that it's so serene and divine without being brash, loud and "heroic" like current mythos. It's just Ram meditating near the rising sun...perfect entrance for Suryavanshi Shri Ram!

DamRyeong thumbnail

thank you di. yes, that entry is really good. you rightly mentioned not heroic- 10 angles with camera zoom in zoom out. it was very subtle and pleasant. 

i loved the fact that you related the entry to "Suryavanshi Ram". beautiful.