Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: CaptainSpark

Bheeshma saying Karna won't fight is another. Also, did Satya ever mistreat him like popular conception ๐Ÿ˜†

Precisely. Related myth is Karna convincing Duryodhana to appoint Bhishma. ๐Ÿ˜…

Satyavati mistreating Bhishma is a SPMB thing. ๐Ÿ˜†

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Precisely. Related myth is Karna convincing Duryodhana to appoint Bhishma. ๐Ÿ˜…

Satyavati mistreating Bhishma is a SPMB thing. ๐Ÿ˜†

Step mother syndrome, of course how can a step mom be okay with a step child. I understand๐Ÿ˜‰

Wistfulness thumbnail

Step mother syndrome, of course how can a step mom be okay with a step child. I understand๐Ÿ˜‰

Even Vidura was shown receiving ill-treatment. 

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

But i don't think there was much age difference between the two. They probably would have been great friends and confidants. I will love if someday some tv shows this 

CaptainSpark thumbnail

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

But i don't think there was much age difference between the two. They probably would have been great friends and confidants. I will love if someday some tv shows this 

That's what! There is nothing for us to assume Satya mistreated him. It's so dumb. Typical Indian soap thing. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

CaptainSpark thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Even Vidura was shown receiving ill-treatment. 

Poor Satyavati was a vamp who hated everyone except her own children ๐Ÿ˜ข

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I didn't know this! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Does Duryodhan have a love story too? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yes that's a pretty cute one. 

Duryodhan was invited to the Swayamwar of princess Bhanumati( confusion about which state she belonged to because I have heard two options-- Kashi and Kalinga) 

He went there with Karna (no Shakuni or Dusshashan this time-- that makes me think it could be Kalinga since Ang Pradesh is close to Kalinga).

He was smitten by Princess Bhanumati the moment he saw her and was looking her without even blinking his eyes Karna deciphered the love in the eyes to Duryodhan immidiately since he hadn't behaved this way even after looking at Panchali during her Swayamwar although she was the most beautiful lady in Bharatvarsh that day. (Karna says exactly this to Duryodhan). 

The Swayamwar was a simple one when the girl had to put Varmala onto the prince she liked. She came to the area of all the princes with her friend Supriya, but crossed Duryodhan without selecting him. Duryodhan got sad at it. Karna then told him that there is nothing wrong in taking the girl for Har Vivah from her Swayamwar since Pitamah Bheeshm had done the same with Kashi princess

Duryodhan agreed, caught hold of Bhanumati and headed towards the gate. Karna and he (mostly Karna for sure) defeated the rest of the princes and took Bhanumati with them. Karna also abducted Supriya while she was trying to save Bhanumati.

During their journey to Hastinapur Supriya fell for Karna(Stockholm syndrome I can't think of any other reason)

On reaching Hastinapur it was declared that since Duryodhan has abducted Bhanumati hence they have had the Har Vivah but Duryodhan was really in love with Bhanumati. He wanted her to accept him truly. So he kept trying to woo over her for days. 

Supriya told Bhanumati that she has started loving Karna. 

So finally after days she said Duryodhan that she is ready to accept him as her husband if he fulfils two conditions-- He promises to never marry again and convinces Karna to marry Supriya. 

Duryodhan agreed for the first one immidiately (according to this story Duryodhan remained monogamous and didn't marry any girl after this, however that gets contradicted with the fact that he wanted to marry Subhadra although couldn't succeed) for the second one he started chasing Karna now who was already married and wasn't interested in Supriya at all. But finally after seeing the condition of his friend he agreed and both of them got married in a formal way on the same day

I think the Karna Bhanumati platonic friendship theory has its route from this story since if true Karna was an integral part of the marriage process. 

She didn't mistreat in BRC

Wistfulness thumbnail

Poor Satyavati was a vamp who hated everyone except her own children ๐Ÿ˜ข

I'm glad this show didn't show that shit. ๐Ÿ˜†

Why do they make Satyavati a vamp, and Vidur was her biological grand child, why issues with him