Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Yes that's a pretty cute one. 

Duryodhan was invited to the Swayamwar of princess Bhanumati( confusion about which state she belonged to because I have heard two options-- Kashi and Kalinga) 

He went there with Karna (no Shakuni or Dusshashan this time-- that makes me think it could be Kalinga since Ang Pradesh is close to Kalinga).

He was smitten by Princess Bhanumati the moment he saw her and was looking her without even blinking his eyes Karna deciphered the love in the eyes to Duryodhan immidiately since he hadn't behaved this way even after looking at Panchali during her Swayamwar although she was the most beautiful lady in Bharatvarsh that day. (Karna says exactly this to Duryodhan). 

The Swayamwar was a simple one when the girl had to put Varmala onto the prince she liked. She came to the area of all the princes with her friend Supriya, but crossed Duryodhan without selecting him. Duryodhan got sad at it. Karna then told him that there is nothing wrong in taking the girl for Har Vivah from her Swayamwar since Pitamah Bheeshm had done the same with Kashi princess

Duryodhan agreed, caught hold of Bhanumati and headed towards the gate. Karna and he (mostly Karna for sure) defeated the rest of the princes and took Bhanumati with them. Karna also abducted Supriya while she was trying to save Bhanumati.

During their journey to Hastinapur Supriya fell for Karna(Stockholm syndrome I can't think of any other reason)

On reaching Hastinapur it was declared that since Duryodhan has abducted Bhanumati hence they have had the Har Vivah but Duryodhan was really in love with Bhanumati. He wanted her to accept him truly. So he kept trying to woo over her for days. 

Supriya told Bhanumati that she has started loving Karna. 

So finally after days she said Duryodhan that she is ready to accept him as her husband if he fulfils two conditions-- He promises to never marry again and convinces Karna to marry Supriya. 

Duryodhan agreed for the first one immidiately (according to this story Duryodhan remained monogamous and didn't marry any girl after this, however that gets contradicted with the fact that he wanted to marry Subhadra although couldn't succeed) for the second one he started chasing Karna now who was already married and wasn't interested in Supriya at all. But finally after seeing the condition of his friend he agreed and both of them got married in a formal way on the same day

I think the Karna Bhanumati platonic friendship theory has its route from this story since if true Karna was an integral part of the marriage process. 

So Karna and supriya is a case of unrequited love. And Duryodhan seems to be very much a cute loverboy here ðŸ˜† Does not go with his character but this is a cute one. Is this also in Mrityunjaya?

I just googled Karna Supriya and I found an OS of them in MB Forum https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3928263

Edited by CaptainSpark - 4 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

I can understand why they would think Satya-Bheeshma equation to be contentious. Though Shanthanu was more to blame for putting his desires ahead of his son, natural human tendency is to blame the outsider. Here, the outsider had made a condition which led to the problem.

So yeah. 

CaptainSpark thumbnail

Why do they make Satyavati a vamp, and Vidur was her biological grand child, why issues with him

No idea. Watch few episodes of SPMB you will know. ðŸ˜†

NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Yes that's a pretty cute one. 

Duryodhan was invited to the Swayamwar of princess Bhanumati( confusion about which state she belonged to because I have heard two options-- Kashi and Kalinga) 

He went there with Karna (no Shakuni or Dusshashan this time-- that makes me think it could be Kalinga since Ang Pradesh is close to Kalinga).

He was smitten by Princess Bhanumati the moment he saw her and was looking her without even blinking his eyes Karna deciphered the love in the eyes to Duryodhan immidiately since he hadn't behaved this way even after looking at Panchali during her Swayamwar although she was the most beautiful lady in Bharatvarsh that day. (Karna says exactly this to Duryodhan). 

The Swayamwar was a simple one when the girl had to put Varmala onto the prince she liked. She came to the area of all the princes with her friend Supriya, but crossed Duryodhan without selecting him. Duryodhan got sad at it. Karna then told him that there is nothing wrong in taking the girl for Har Vivah from her Swayamwar since Pitamah Bheeshm had done the same with Kashi princess

Duryodhan agreed, caught hold of Bhanumati and headed towards the gate. Karna and he (mostly Karna for sure) defeated the rest of the princes and took Bhanumati with them. Karna also abducted Supriya while she was trying to save Bhanumati.

During their journey to Hastinapur Supriya fell for Karna(Stockholm syndrome I can't think of any other reason)

On reaching Hastinapur it was declared that since Duryodhan has abducted Bhanumati hence they have had the Har Vivah but Duryodhan was really in love with Bhanumati. He wanted her to accept him truly. So he kept trying to woo over her for days. 

Supriya told Bhanumati that she has started loving Karna. 

So finally after days she said Duryodhan that she is ready to accept him as her husband if he fulfils two conditions-- He promises to never marry again and convinces Karna to marry Supriya. 

Duryodhan agreed for the first one immidiately (according to this story Duryodhan remained monogamous and didn't marry any girl after this, however that gets contradicted with the fact that he wanted to marry Subhadra although couldn't succeed) for the second one he started chasing Karna now who was already married and wasn't interested in Supriya at all. But finally after seeing the condition of his friend he agreed and both of them got married in a formal way on the same day

I think the Karna Bhanumati platonic friendship theory has its route from this story since if true Karna was an integral part of the marriage process. 

I read about this story of Duryodhan with Karna and his wife, where karna and bhanumati are playing and she is losing, Duryodhan comes there and she stands up, Karna thinks she is trying to run away without paying him or something and he accidentally pulls her down due to which her jewellery breaks, she is stunned,Karna looks back, he thinks Duryodhan will have a doubt on them but Duryodhan surprises them by asking if he should only pick up those beads or sew them into a necklace for her

Don't think it was real but I did imagine Duryodhan saying those last lines and I liked him instantly

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: CaptainSpark

So Karna and supriya is a case of unrequited love. And Duryodhan seems to be very much a cute loverboy here ðŸ˜† Does not go with his character but this is a cute one. Is this also in Mrityunjaya?

I just googled Karna Supriya and I found an OS of them in MB Forum https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3928263

Achha I will read the OS I guess. Never knew Karna Supriya had fans too

About the story no it's not in Mrityunjay. Duryodhan there is worse than the BRC Duryodhan. He is using Karna and often mocks at his stupidity to think a prince could befriend a Suta. 

I had originally seen the unrefined version of this story in Ramanand Sagar SriKrishna. Bhanumati was a Kashi princess there. On further research, found it complete in a few not so reliable sources but they mentioned Bhanumati as Kalinga princess

Although in Orissa people do consider both Karna and Duryodhan as a Damaad, so probably a folklore of that area

Edited by FlauntPessimism - 4 years ago

Originally posted by: NoraSM

I read about this story of Duryodhan with Karna and his wife, where karna and bhanumati are playing and she is losing, Duryodhan comes there and she stands up, Karna thinks she is trying to run away without paying him or something and he accidentally pulls her down due to which her jewellery breaks, she is stunned,Karna looks back, he thinks Duryodhan will have a doubt on them but Duryodhan surprises them by asking if he should only pick up those beads or sew them into a necklace for her

Don't think it was real but I did imagine Duryodhan saying those last lines and I liked him instantly

I think this story was there in Wikipedia. And yes things on similar lines are mentioned in later sources. 

Will recheck and tell you the source but I remember reading somewhere that When Krishna ji approaches Karna to change sides, he says he can't break the trust of Duryodhan. He then narrates this story to demonstrate how blindly Duryodhan trusts him and he can in no way even think of doing a thing which will hamper this trust

I guess they also showed this in Dharmakshetra of epic TV

CaptainSpark thumbnail

Achha I will read the OS I guess. Never knew Karna Supriya had fans too

About the story no it's not in Mrityunjay. Duryodhan there is worse than the BRC Duryodhan. He is using Karna and often mocks at his stupidity to think a prince could befriend a Suta. 

I had originally seen the unrefined version of this story in Ramanand Sagar SriKrishna. Bhanumati was a Kashi princess there. On further research, found it complete in a few not so reliable sources but they mentioned Bhanumati as Kalinga princess

Although in Orissa people do consider both Karna and Duryodhan as a Damaad, so probably a folklore of that area

Interesting tho. Mrityunjaya is complete fanfiction, no?😆 I did not dare read it!

CaptainSpark thumbnail

I think this story was there in Wikipedia. And yes things on similar lines are mentioned in later sources. 

Will recheck and tell you the source but I remember reading somewhere that When Krishna ji approaches Karna to change sides, he says he can't break the trust of Duryodhan. He then narrates this story to demonstrate how blindly Duryodhan trusts him and he can in no way even think of doing a thing which will hamper this trust

Yes dharmakshetra had this scene.. it was a cute one! 

NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

If true, someone in the epic was a good husband

Originally posted by: NoraSM

If true, someone in the epic was a good husband

To be honest even if this instance is true, going by his character Duryodhan was a good friend not a good husband. 

He took it nicely only because it was Karna in the room whom he trusted

Had she been with anyone else, however platonic relation they had, I don't think Duryodhan would have taken it this lightly

Just my take though