Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

peacenfun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

there was infact 1 more instance when Kunal displayed his excellent balance act & emotional maturity, during that hospital incidence at offsite

when he came to know about abir (while taking care of kuhu in hospital), he went to check on abir because kuhu was in better situation & already taken care of, and promised her for his return, asking her to wait for him(though kuhu didnt hear any of it), and once he checked on abir & found him okay, he did come back for kuhu and even blasted the doctor for letting her go alone

journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

THE CANDLE SCENE!  That was the scene that took my interest in Kuku's potential and converted into proper fangirl love. To me, that scene defines the Kunal that Kuhu fell in love with -- someone who can't always be with her but won't ever leave her in the dark. 

How do you DO that Sam? How do you get it right every single time?!

I do have to say though, that a lot of problems would be solved if Kunal treats Kuhu as a part of the family unit he cares about so much. I get that he has a lot of relationships to balance already, but it might help him to include her in the equation. Not only will that do a lot of good for Kuhu, it'll also be incredibly good for Kunal, because he won't have to battle his problems alone. He will have her by his side. 

peacenfun thumbnail

also I saw a post on mf wherein they are discussing the initial episodes, in one of those episodes when kunal agrees to meet kuhu for his rishta, he recalls abir & kuhu's words 

and the post mentioned the foreshadowing for kunal, kubir being the only 2 people whose opinions will matter to kunal & thus they being the only 2 having the capability to change him 

so what do you guys think?

Edited by peacenfun - 4 years ago
peacenfun thumbnail

Originally posted by: journalgirl321

I do have to say though, that a lot of problems would be solved if Kunal treats Kuhu as a part of the family unit he cares about so much. I get that he has a lot of relationships to balance already, but it might help him to include her in the equation. Not only will that do a lot of good for Kuhu, it'll also be incredibly good for Kunal, because he won't have to battle his problems alone. He will have her by his side. 

I think thats what he is trying to do, as we saw him asking for her support to handle meenu after thie parul acceptance fiasco

but mishku equation taking centre stage & their fights ruins it for him

what he needs to do is to learn to communicate & discuss important things with kuhu before taking the decisions (thats where kuhu's complaints were directed in that scene), rather than what he is doing currently, seeking out her help in damage control

journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: peacenfun

also I saw a post on mf wherein they are discussing the initial episodes, in one of those episodes when kunal agrees to meet kuhu for his rishta, he recalls abir & kuhu's words 

and the post mentioned the foreshadowing for kunal, kubir being the only 2 people whose opinions will matter to kunal & thus they being the only 2 having the capability to change him 

so what do you guys think?

I'm not sure if I see a lot of change in Kunal from the beginning of the show. If anything, he's just more damaged after everything that's happened 😬That being said, I don't see Abir changing Kunal at all. I've always felt that Abir has never actually cared enough about how Kunal truly feels about certain situations (accepting Parul, forcing him to marry Kuhu, goading him to reconcile with her). He's been more concerned about how Kunal deals with things, not how he feels about those same things. Did Abir ever ask Kunal why he spiked Nishant's drink? No. He instead went on a ranting spree about how much of a criminal Kunal was (because he's clearly the moral compass of the house 🙄 ), and made Kunal feel suicidally guilty about the whole thing. 

Maybe Kuhu could change Kunal. I'm not really sure at this point. Kunal really hasn't given her enough access into his headspace for her to actually cause any change. But he's trying to! And if she can put aside her problems with Mishti, I can totally see her helping him on his journey to find himself.

EDIT: I mulled over it a little bit, and Kunal has changed. Maybe not drastically, but he now knows that "mother knows best" doesn't always ring true, especially when it comes to matters relating to the Maheshwaris. He was always able to discriminate between right and wrong, but now he's learning how not to act on the wrong, especially when he's fully aware that it's wrong. Old Kunal would go to any extents blindly on the word of Meenakshi, but Kunal 2.0 has learned to think for himself, at least in little ways. I guess it's just a little hard to see because the change hasn't been that overwhelming, but not that I'm complaining. I like the process being gradual. It makes for more in depth characterization. 

Edited by journalgirl321 - 4 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Thanks, Meera! I just love these two and their story ❤️

I think Kunal does think of Kuhu as part of the family unit, maybe too much and that is actually the problem. She always accepted whatever little attention he could spare from Abir and Meenu (because their issues always demand more of him, if not all) and filled the rest of her time with her other relationships in the family, and then her business, and in doing so discovered so much more of herself. 

Now he's confused because the person he sees as his partner and ally in maintaining peace and unity is suddenly the centre of drama, causing disruptions herself. She is not stopping to listen, losing her cool, and blowing situations out of proportion all of which is very uncharacteristic behaviour that she has called him out on in the past. 

I think he is yet to understand that it's much harder for her to be the calm, drama-averse problem solver he's used to when she is personally triggered by the situation. Kuhu is a bundle of contradictions to him right now and he's sort of just doing damage control, waiting for her to snap back to "normal." We are yet to see what happens when he realises that it's not that simple. 

@Peace: I totally agree! He needs to start talking to her more when things are brewing rather than after they have already exploded. We saw that all through out their fake marriage; she gives him little nuggets to think about and they usually led him down the most constructive path. 

Edited by Samanalyse - 4 years ago
peacenfun thumbnail

@meera: when it comes to abir I think he himself is a flawed character too and I think we will see the writers addressing his character growth also

so in kuku's case all that I have understood is that abir genuinely believes(he still does, in the opposites attract theory in kuku's case) that kuhu is #perfect for kunal, during 1st wedding of kuku, he was convinced that kunal loves kuhu & was skeptical about meenu's intentions so he believed that meenu has brain washed or emotionally blackmailed kunal into abandoning kuhu (which in its own twisted way was true as well, because kunal did kill his budding feelings for kuhu)

so abir tried to emotionally blackmail meenu such that she backs off & lets kunal choose kuhu (see abir will never doubt that kunal would fake or plan to an extent of taking a girl to the mandap, so mishti is a bigger culprit here for ignoring the red flags), though abir ignoring so many red flags during the wedding & even after the wedding is still an unanswered question for me

there is a scene before kuku fake wedding wherein parul asks abir 'kuhu kaisi ladki hai, wo kunal ke liye theek hogi kya' and abir replies 'kuhu kunal ke liye best hai, infact khud kunal-kuhu ko bhi nahi pata ki wo ek-dusre ke liye kitne perfect hain'

and also kubir convo during ketu's sangeet from initial episodes where abir says something like 'mujhe toh kunal ke liye kuhu sahi lag rahi hai, uske rocket ko udane ke liye iss fuljhadi ki zarurat hai'

peacenfun thumbnail

Sam, I completely agree👍🏼

kunal was expecting kuhu as an ally in his peace maintenance mission in rjv house, and probably thats why it puts him off whenever he sees her pre-occupied with her #mishtimania and thats why he expects mish to support him in balancing between meenu & abir by asking abir to back-off sometimes (the scene where he says to mishti 'dono mein se koi bhi peechhe nahi hatega toh jhagda kabhi khatam nahi hoga')

but what I dont understand is that how come kunal is so surprised by mishku equation, infact he is the one who knew the most about this equation & kuhu has never faked any reconciliation or any patch-up with mishti, even during their 2nd wedding her mandap demand was a clear hint towards the same

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

@Peace: I think Kunal is surprised because when he was in his "sab Mishti ki wajah se" phase, it was Kuhu who reasoned with him and helped him see that his blind hatred was actually his own undoing. He sort of got stuck in that loop of I'm doing everything for my family and lost sight of what he was actually trying to achieve by separating MA, especially when he drew up those prenup papers, and she was the one who got through to him (in that confrontation after KC). Even when he spiked the drink and Mishti revealed his birth truth, Kuhu defended Mishti and made him confront why she did it.

So he knows that Kuhu and Mishti aren't BFFs, but based on his interactions with her about Mishti, he assumed that Kuhu was above the kind of pettiness she's been displaying since Mishti came to the house. The mandap drama was just Kuhu's way of holding Mishti accountable for going through her papers and outing the divorce truth, and after that and their talk she also wanted to lay their issues to rest, so Kunal is not totally off the mark either. Kuhu keeps trying to restore her own normal where she ignores Mishti and focuses on being happy with Kunal, but Meenu has other plans. By recreating the Maheshwari triggers in RV house, she's making it harder and harder for Kuhu to maintain her composure. 

From Kunal's POV, it's like why is this woman who handled herself with so much grace and dignity in far more fraught, complicated situations suddenly making a huge fuss about these insignificant things like haars, poojas, and vacations? Things she barely cared about before? And when she  managed to stay so positive through out our fake marriage that she kept the entire house going through some dark times and brought me out of my funk, why is she so negative and upset all the time now when everything is relatively peaceful, and all the issues have been sorted out? 

Kunal isn't privy to the provocation coming at Kuhu from all sides, and how hard she is working to overcome them, and Kuhu hasn't trusted him with that information. For their equation to evolve, either she has to take the risk and open up or Kunal's reaction to the sleeping pills has to surprise her out of her fear (which is what I'm hoping for). 

Edited by Samanalyse - 4 years ago
peacenfun thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

@Peace: I think Kunal is surprised because when he was in his "sab Mishti ki wajah se" phase, it was Kuhu who reasoned with him and helped him see that his blind hatred was actually his own undoing. He sort of got stuck in that loop of I'm doing everything for my family and lost sight of what he was actually trying to achieve by separating MA, especially when he drew up those prenup papers, and she was the one who got through to him (in that confrontation after KC). Even when he spiked the drink and Mishti revealed his birth truth, Kuhu defended Mishti and made him confront why she did it.

So he knows that Kuhu and Mishti aren't BFFs, but based on his interactions with her about Mishti, he assumed that Kuhu was above the kind of pettiness she's been displaying since Mishti came to the house. The mandap drama was just Kuhu's way of holding Mishti accountable for going through her papers and outing the divorce truth, and after that and their talk she also wanted to lay their issues to rest, so Kunal is not totally off the mark either. Kuhu keeps trying to restore her own normal where she ignores Mishti and focuses on being happy with Kunal, but Meenu has other plans. By recreating the Maheshwari triggers in RV house, she's making it harder and harder for Kuhu to maintain her composure. 

From Kunal's POV, it's like why is this woman who handled herself with so much grace and dignity in far more fraught, complicated situations suddenly making a huge fuss about these insignificant things like haars, poojas, and vacations? Things she barely cared about before? And when she  managed to stay so positive through out our fake marriage that she kept the entire house going through some dark times and brought me out of my funk, why is she so negative and upset all the time now when everything is relatively peaceful, and all the issues have been sorted out? 

Kunal isn't privy to the provocation coming at Kuhu from all sides, and how hard she is working to overcome them, and Kuhu hasn't trusted him with that information. For their equation to evolve, either she has to take the risk and open up or Kunal's reaction to the sleeping pills has to surprise her out of her fear (which is what I'm hoping for)

that makes sense

also kunal having too much to deal with right now makes him oblivious & pre-ocuupied to pay that much attention to kuhu as he used to during their fake wedding post leap track

I think abir still has doubts about real provocations(meenu) behind kuhu's accidental damages(haar, coffee pills)

@bold: somehow I am also hopeful for kunal's reaction, though sometimes it seems unreasonable going by the history of kunal's reactions when it comes to abir

right now this fact is only hidden from kunal right? meenu, mishbir, parul all know that it was kuhu's mistake, so I am hoping that by the time this truth comes out in front of kunal there would be a solid development  shown, if kunal supports kuhu

but you know I recently observed in the MA grah-pravesh episode that when they play the game of finding things from the bowl, they have 3 rounds, 1st 2 mish wins, the last one is tie between mishbir, though I might be reading too much into it🤪 but after haar, coffee pills, kuhu has already lost 2 rounds, so next one should be a tie, translating into meenu's failed saazish in the resort case, lets see how it plays out