Users

Frequent Posters

journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: yrhpk_aus

Hi @Sam

I'm nandu, just passing by the kuku AT. Congrats everyone on the 4th one! 👍🏼

I don't comment here much, but do often read through the countless anlaysis discussions you all have, kudos to you all for such dedication👏👏 But your post here, really struck a big point! So I just had to reply

@Bold: This is a fantastic point you have brought up👏👍🏼. I totally agree, the mix up with the rishtas really messed up the mah family head with pushing for shaadi. Especially with Mish who wanted to get a solid career running, it all went out the window once Kuhu's shaadi came on to the cards. And I find it horrific and awful, that the entire mah family failed to question Kuhu and try to heal her pain after learning about the divorce. That's why I always felt the whole divorce drama really required a separate story and trackline, on it's own. rather than being mixed up messily with mishbir's shaadi (disappointed with the writing there). Honestly, the mah family have made grave mistakes in their parenting of the two sisters. (I have a whole analysis essay written, but kinda apprehensive to post it😕) There numerous loopholes, and unfortunately the writers just let them slide, the sister's equation is very much complicated, and they haven't done justice to either Mishti nor Kuhu.

Hi Nandu! Welcome! Thank you so much for posting. I always love to hear from different people on their perspectives. 

@ bold 1: I totally agree with you! The writers did a bad job of writing the story there. They've developed some amazing characters, but they weren't able to separate their tracks and instead muddled them all together in the name of being a "family show". I'm sure there were several other ways to make MishBir's wedding "unique" without forcing them to get married on top of a bus, just because they wanted the weddings to happen on the same day. Plus, if I were Kuhu, I wouldn't want to get married on the same day as Mishti. She loves the spotlight, no? And it's not like these families have a budget constraint. So why would she intentionally choose to get married on the same day as Mishti, when she knew that she would have to inadvertently share the attention with Mishti? I guess the answers to all of those questions are that the writers wanted to make the wedding "unconventional". I would argue that had they given time for Kuhu to breathe, maybe go out on a few dates with Kunal before agreeing to remarry him, that that would have been way more unconventional from the norm. 

@ bold 2: Please don't hesitate!!! At the end of the day, this is a public forum and everyone is completely entitled to their opinions, and I would argue that interesting viewpoints make for even more interesting discussion. I would personally love to read your analysis, because I really like how you write!

journalgirl321 thumbnail

Also shameless plug, but I just updated my fanfiction "Jaane Kya Baat Hai" after the loooongeest time. I know a few of you had messaged me about it, so I just thought I'd put that out there. It's not super long, but I should have another chapter coming sorta soon.

Please tell me what you think! I'm worried I'll mess up the track and y'all will start hating it :(

peacenfun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: aquaHP

Is it just me or is everyone bored with the live interviews?? Ek do tak theek hai but after a point, the questions just keep repeating because everyone wants about their bonding on sets, their favourite scenes, their struggle but there's only so much that you can ask the actors. I want an interview with the writers. 

Takeaway from Kaveri's 3rd interview:

She is very critical of her performance and has hence stopped watching the monitor and trying to correct herself. 

She ain't a professional singer so people need to stop requesting songs from her. Let her breathe.

Humma was choreographed mostly by Ritvik. They rehearsed it 10-15 times before it was performed infront of the camera. After they both saw it on the monitor, Kaveri turned to Ritvik and said,"Looks pretty good, na?" and he said, "Yeah! You look like a Sherni."😆

thanks for sharing the highlights pihu, darklord, niks❤️

I just hope they could ask more insightful questions which could help us know about their struggles as an actor, like how well do you relate to your onscreen characters, how do you manage to portray them convincingly when you are not convinced by their actions & their dialogues etc.🤓

and also about their writers insta & twitter handles😉 so that we could bombard them with our questions🤪

Edited by peacenfun - 4 years ago
journalgirl321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: peacenfun

thanks for sharing the highlights pihu❤️

I just hope they could ask some more insightful questions which could help us know about their struggles as an actor, like how well do you relate to your onscreen characters, how do you manage to portray them convincingly when you are not convinced by their actions & their dialogues etc.🤓

and also about their writers insta & twitter handles😉 so that we can bombard them with our questions🤪

I went on Kaveri's recent live with tellychakkar and tried to get in a few questions about what she does to prepare for the emotional scenes, how she relates to Kuhu the most, and the biggest thing she's learned from Kuhu . But of course, the interviewer ignored all of those questions and instead chose to ask about how she got along with Ritvik, how Shaheer got along with Rhea (and it's completely beyond me why they would ask Kaveri that question, when it has absolutely nothing to do with her), and how the four of them get along collectively. We all get it! They get along! And at the end of the day, no one cares about their personal equations with each other, because they look fantastic together on screen! What gold mine are the reporters trying to dig up? It's not like all actors are having affairs with each other offscreen, or they're best friends to the end. Most actors treat their work like what it is: work. These reporters need to start taking that seriously and tailor their questions according to that. It's cute for a bit, but after that, it's just insulting to the amount of time, soul, heart, and effort these actors put into their profession. 

peacenfun thumbnail

meera, exactly dear👍🏼

we expect more from these interviews than these typical teenage fangirl moments🤪 that too being repeated over & over in each interview

journalgirl321 thumbnail

But on a brighter note, I LOVED how Ritvik and Kaveri choreographed Humma Humma together. It just goes to show how versatile they are, and how much of awareness they have about what exactly will make Kunal and Kuhu look good together on screen. I also noticed the same thing when Ritvik said that they don't need a whole lot of direction to nail the scenes they have together. This is exactly why I want the actors to talk about their method and the skill set they've developed. They've obviously done a lot of work to get into the skin of their characters, so much so that they can create their own vision without needing a third party. They've connected with their characters and the chemistry have with each other so well! This deserves more acknowledgement than it's getting.

peacenfun thumbnail

Originally posted by: journalgirl321

But on a brighter note, I LOVED how Ritvik and Kaveri choreographed Humma Humma together. It just goes to show how versatile they are, and how much of awareness they have about what exactly will make Kunal and Kuhu look good together on screen. I also noticed the same thing when Ritvik said that they don't need a whole lot of direction to nail the scenes they have together. This is exactly why I want the actors to talk about their method and the skill set they've developed. They've obviously done a lot of work to get into the skin of their characters, so much so that they can create their own vision without needing a third party. They've connected with their characters and the chemistry have with each other so well! This deserves more acknowledgement than it's getting.

@bold: #Iagree with such less screen space, I was expecting that they are given a very detailed brief about every scene from the direction team of how & what should be reflected in the scene, but I am completely blown away to know that kavik mostly perform on their own with very less inputs from directors, looks like they both are extremely hardworking & dedicated towards their roles as kuku, given the fact that they both are relatively new comers👏

and yes they deserve lot more credit, appreciation & respect that they are getting❤️

Edited by peacenfun - 4 years ago
aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheDarkLord8

@aqua: You do that, girl👍 Food always help in my case. Always. And I miss Pizza 😔😔. 

Oh, and I like to blast music and 'dance it out'. 

I slept off while playing a BuzzFeed quiz🤭

Ohhhhh!! Pizzzzzzaaaaaa!! I miss it too and even though I can make it at home, what I really want is Domino's.🤤

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

You guys remember how I had that theory about a junior writer who was infusing the tiny Kuku scenes with so much content and meaning? Well, after hearing what they had to say in their respective interviews, especially the insight about Humma Humma, it seems to be very clear that the brains behind Kuku's depth are none other than Kaveri and Ritvik themselves! 😲 

And I cannot tell you how unspeakably happy this makes me. 😃

I already loved Kuku and now I love this meta story about two clever actors spinning straw into gold, and the space and freedom the creative team gives them to do that! SO COOL! ⭐️

Totally agree on the repetitive quetions, and the unnecessary focus on the actrors' interpersonal relationships *cringe* Meera, your questions were so great! I wish they had actually been asked. 

aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: journalgirl321

Also shameless plug, but I just updated my fanfiction "Jaane Kya Baat Hai" after the loooongeest time. I know a few of you had messaged me about it, so I just thought I'd put that out there. It's not super long, but I should have another chapter coming sorta soon.

Please tell me what you think! I'm worried I'll mess up the track and y'all will start hating it :(

Bahaaron phool barsaao!!!😋🤭😂

I'mma go read but before I do, just want to say I am onboard with your and Peace's discussion of asking the actor about their process but I guess we will have to settle with these interviews only. 

I remembered later on that I could have put in my question about Ketu and Kunal to Ritvik and they would have taken it most probably because they were looking for a different and new question. Baad me yaad aaya mujhe 🤦🏻‍♀️