mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Sanjay Leela Bhansali is one of the most prolific directors in Bollywood today. He has a wide and varied filmography. Which is your favourite film of his?

Mine is Khamoshi. What a beautiful, tender, sublime and raw movie. I can still watch it and get goosebumps. Beautiful music, splendid acting ( even by Salman) and tender feel to it. It's his best work by far IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRHN80vYuF0

Do share your opinions.

Edited by mintyblue - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GUZAARISH

beautiful movie !!!

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Khamoshi and HDDCS

After that he focused mainly on the sets production than anything else 

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam is the best love triangle film of Indian cinema till date in my view. This is a classic romantic film with beautiful pairing, great songs, festive moods, great natural looking sets, great cinematography, great choreography and great emotional contents. SLB's first commercial film became his best film till date. I consider it to be his best followed by Khamoshi, Guzaarish and Devdas.

Saawariya was a beautiful poetry in motion but it was not for big screen. It was a stage based film. SLB also should have gone easy with the colour blue.

Devdas is a classic but it was too much grand. SLB should have gone easy with sets and some costumes. There was no need to show Paro's mansion as huge as Dev's if she was from a lower caste. The glass doors were too much. SLB should have gone a bit subtle on it by showing her house a old house, not such a beautiful mansion.

Guzaarish is a great film with a subject which is very sensitive but SLB overdid the sets and increased production cost. This type of dark film should have been made with moderate budget targeting only niche audience.

Edited by Mugda - 4 years ago
Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

I have not seen khamosi cant say... till now i like hddcs and devdas... other new movies are ridiculous and same pattern

Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Devdas 

It is rare kind of film agar tum usko 3gp me bhi dekho toh bhi beautiful lagegi....Gaane bhi behtarin, acting bhi kamal ki 

Edited by Twinklingmoon - 4 years ago
Dexterlove thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam

Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Mugda

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam is the best love triangle film of Indian cinema till date in my view. This is a classic romantic film with beautiful pairing, great songs, festive moods, great natural looking sets, great cinematography, great choreography and great emotional contents. SLB's first commercial film became his best film till date. I consider it to be his best followed by Khamoshi, Guzaarish and Devdas.

Saawariya was a beautiful poetry in motion but it was not for big screen. It was a stage based film. SLB also should have gone easy with the colour blue.

Devdas is a classic but it was too much grand. SLB should have gone easy with sets and some costumes. There was no need to show Paro's mansion as huge as Dev's if she was from a lower caste. The glass doors were too much. SLB should have gone a bit subtle on it by showing her house a old house, not such a beautiful mansion.

Guzaarish is a great film with a subject which is very sensitive but SLB overdid the sets and increased production cost. This type of dark film should have been made with moderate budget targeting only niche audience.

Duh lower cast walonka mansion nahi ho sakta kyaa??? What is this elitist substandard stereotypism. 

DushtKanya thumbnail

Guzaarish 

1. Because it's absolutely beautiful. It's so well-made, has gorgeous intricately designed sets, everyone delivers excellent performances, it addresses an important issue, it has beautiful songs, and it's one of my most favourite films.

2. Because Hrithik's in it and I'm biased 

Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Khamoshi.

Followed by - Guzaarish, HDDCS, Black, Devdas, Saawariya, Bajirao, Padmaavat, Ram Leela.

In that order.