Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Mukesh Khanna's displeasure is understandable.

It was a very basic question about India's 'Itihaas' and she should have been able to answer it. 

Her brothers are Luv Sinha-Kush Sinha, and her father is Shatrughan Sinha. 

As far as Nitish Bharadwaj is concerned, he has always been a diplomatic person, so his answer too is understandable, though he is blaming Shatrughan Sinha and his wife for Sonakshi Sinha's KBC fiasco. 

Edited by surajhere - 4 years ago
surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: guenhwyvar

Ironically, the KBC question was wrong to begin with.

Sonakshi technically got it right, but there was no right answer. 

The question asked - 

But it doesn't mention which Ramayan. 

Valmiki's Ramayan says the herbs were brought for both Lakshmana and Rama; Tulsi Das' Ramayan mentioned only Lakshman. 

Anyhow, the outrage here is funny. Everyone bashes Sonakshi for pretty much everything, but when someone bashes her for not knowing Indian mythology, it's the "you don't have to know that" bandwagon. 🤣🤣

That is correct, but the popular version says that it is for Laxman.

Valmiki Ramayan  does not contain UttarKand too. 

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

While he shouldn't have singled out Sonakshi, it's a fact that we are forgetting our roots and culture..... Nowadays people know everything about USA it's history and culture and traditions, they'll know it all but ask about Ramayan and Mahabharat and they'll have a blank expression....

Already Britishers have robbed us of our golden culture and now this....... Today most youtubers from USA are into yoga, albeit wrong ones.... But we just sit and watch daily soaps and become diabetes capital of the world....

The day will come when USA will patent everything related to Hinduism, call it biblical and charge us to use the very same knowledge.......

anjs thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

Because Sonakshi might deserve the brickbats she gets for other things but not this. Its not necessary or the be all or end all of life if someone doesn't know what happened in the Ramayana or Mahabharata 😆 

At the end of the day, it's just mythology and if someone doesnt remember things from it,its alright.

An veteran Uncle haughtily lecturing such a junior like this over something so trivial is downright hilarious lol. Jobless behaviour like did anyone ask? 😆

This is another gift of Britishers calling our history as myth..... Just cause they couldn't understand it..... Unfortunately our own people jump on that band wagon ☹️

Yea, Jesus Christ is real, so what if he did miracles, but Ramayan and Mahabharat is a myth cause some of the things can't be explained by science....

YourCat thumbnail

Didnt someone few days ago asked celebs to give gyan on religion to common people 🤣milgaya jawab. I mean how ignorant can you be if you want ignorant celebs to teach about religion. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

This is another gift of Britishers calling our history as myth..... Just cause they couldn't understand it..... Unfortunately our own people jump on that band wagon ☹️

Yea, Jesus Christ is real, so what if he did miracles, but Ramayan and Mahabharat is a myth cause some of the things can't be explained by science....

is right. Brits did a lot of wrong (evil) things, but they are not responsible for every bad idea since the Big Bang.

Jesus Christ is not taught as history in most of the West just as Ramayan and Mahabharat are not taught as history in India. Most Western liberals have little faith in God and consider Jesus as much mythology as any other such figure. Yeah, there is some mention of Jesus in historical texts, but you have to remember that story happened in the latter part of the Roman Empire. History was already being recorded at the time. Bronze Age and Iron Age happenings (Ramayana and Mahabharata) were passed orally much as Greek and Roman mythology were. Was there some core of history to the tales? Yes, probably. Archaeologists have found the site of Troy. India hasn't drawn enough attention by people who invest in such stuff for our own excavations, unfortunately. Nevertheless, Mahabharata is called Itihaasa Kavya for a reason. The core of it is likely history, around which tales got added. 

anjs thumbnail

Originally posted by: MahanalayakKarn

is right. Brits did a lot of wrong (evil) things, but they are not responsible for every bad idea since the Big Bang.

Jesus Christ is not taught as history in most of the West just as Ramayan and Mahabharat are not taught as history in India. Most Western liberals have little faith in God and consider Jesus as much mythology as any other such figure. Yeah, there is some mention of Jesus in historical texts, but you have to remember that story happened in the latter part of the Roman Empire. History was already being recorded at the time. Bronze Age and Iron Age happenings (Ramayana and Mahabharata) were passed orally much as Greek and Roman mythology were. Was there some core of history to the tales? Yes, probably. Archaeologists have found the site of Troy. India hasn't drawn enough attention by people who invest in such stuff for our own excavations, unfortunately. Nevertheless, Mahabharata is called Itihaasa Kavya for a reason. The core of it is likely history, around which tales got added. 

and who do you think portrayed our cultural heritage as mere mythology ? we ourselves ?? I dont think Mughal invaders refuted it.......yes they may have destroyed the temples for their perverse fun, but they didn't promote it as a mythology as far as i know.........if you know otherwise, do share it here........

I am not talking about Jesus from historial point of view........ i am just comparing them from mythology POV...... if you talk about records, we also have records about existence of all people mentioned in Ramayan and Mahabharat........at least the key people....... but our records are also not accepted.......... since they have already declared Ramayan and Mahabharat as mythology.......

--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

Then you will become exactly what you’re against right now. The same as the poster. 

Hola, long time no see. 

Sometimes we have to get in the gutter to clean it. 😆

I am doing good Kifla .. Locked up and working from home .. So feeling a bit caged up and frustrated .. ponymo turned out to be good stress buster .. 😌

I hope you are safe and well. ☺

And hey , i know my posts for ponymo are very offensive in general .. I am well aware of it .. I just hope the good Muslims around here take it in the context - the context being "ponymo" .. 

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: --Pro.vo.King--

Sometimes we have to get in the gutter to clean it. 😆

I am doing good Kifla .. Locked up and working from home .. So feeling a bit caged up and frustrated .. ponymo turned out to be good stress buster .. 😌

I hope you are safe and well. ☺

And hey , i know my posts for ponymo are very offensive in general .. I am well aware of it .. I just hope the good Muslims around here take it in the context - the context being "ponymo" .. 

Same here, at home and bored but at least safe. That’s matters at the end of the day. Things aren’t pretty here in America right now so we are all on our toes and running out of supplies. Most of our stores are out of food and cleaning stuff. This pandemic is something else altogether. I really hope it’s over soon. 

That’s okay, we all believe in certain things and it would’ve been better if we all respected each other enough to not do these things. 

some people will find it offensive but I guess when someone gets offended they will retaliate. It’s understandable. 

I gotta say ponymo has become famous while I was away. 

I just think a lot is going on in the world for us to be fighting with each other but then again we have nothing but time to waste on our hands. 

SakuraKakashi thumbnail

Deer Eating Popcorn Gif | Popcorn, Popcorn meme, Gif