Sorry to tell but I'll update this only after 18th as I have a test coming up

Mahekbhalla4 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Pranushka_723

Thanks dear!❤️

Should I call you Mahek?

Sorry to tell but I'll update this only after 18th as I have a test coming up

Sure u can call me Mahek😊

No worries...update whenever u are free..for now concentrate on studies..best of luck👍

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Mahekbhalla4

Sure u can call me Mahek😊

No worries...update whenever u are free..for now concentrate on studies..best of luck👍

Thanks Mahek!🤗❤️

Mahekbhalla4 thumbnail

I know u are busy but please update soon whenever u are free 😊

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahekbhalla4

I know u are busy but please update soon whenever u are free 😊

No worries I will update soon!😳

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Chapter 10

Morning at Malhotra house-

Shravan woke up at 5.30 am to join Suman for a jog. His legs had healed completely over the span of month and he loved jogging with Suman. As he came out he found Dadu was tying his shoe lace and Suman was nowhere to be seen. He asked Dadu, "Where is Suman? Is she inside?"

Dadu replied "She left midnight itself. She might have messaged you."

Shravan ran back to his house with anticipation and removed his mobile from charging! His phone had switched off as usual and he had put it on charging before going out. As he checked his mobile he found a message from Suman. It was a voice note, "Shravan I have to urgently replace Kriti my friend and join a mission as a replacement! I tried calling you but your mobile was switched off and even the lights of your room were off. So didn't want to disturb you! I am in a hurry so, bye. Don't forget to go for your check-up and don't be lazy, follow the exercises!" Shravan felt sad hearing the note. He dragged himself to his bed and laid over it for sometime. Then got up remembering that he had to go for jogging according to his Sumo's instructions!

It had been a week since Suman had left for the mission. Shravan was always found in the Tiwari house. He would play chess with Dadu for hours and learn different recipes from Beena and Anjali. He got some information regarding Suman's mission but wasn't able to know about the situation there.

At morning 9.00 AM-

A cab stopped in front of the Tiwari house and Suman stepped out. Her forehead had a small band-aid and her left wrist was covered in a wrist splint. Hearing the screech Dadu came out and saw his grand-daughter Captain Suman Vijay Tiwari come out. He immediately called everyone out. Suman came infront of him and saluted him, "Mission accomplished Brigadier!" Dadu smiled at her hugged her. He told her that he was proud of her. Anjali smiled at the bond between Dadu and Suman. As Suman came out of the hug Anjali noticed her forehead and wrist. She cupped Suman's face and asked, "Are you ok child? Are the wounds deep?" Suman took Anjali's hands in her own and replied, "How can your daughter be injured when her mother is praying for safety everyday? And my mother doesn't look good with tears in her eyes, so smile!" Anjali wiped her tears and smiled, "A mother's heart can never stop worrying for her child. You'll know it when you turn one!" Suman nudged her mother and spoke, "Maa! Not now pls. I need rest and am going to my room." Suman was going in her room thinking for a reason to escape and meet Shravan when she saw the chess board. She asked, "Dadu where is Shravan? You both were playing chess right?" Dadu looked at the chess board and said, "Oh, yes! He should have come by now to complete yesterday's game. He has been able to beat me many times without any fraud means." Dadu laughed remembering their first game of chess. Beena spoke, "He said he won't come till afternoon, he has some work." Suman nodded and went to her room. She called him but his phone was unreachable. She freshened up and came down. She was reading the newspaper when she heard phone ring. She went to pick it but the phone stopped ringing by that time. It was Shravan's call she quickly pushed the curtains to find the windows of his room open. She quickly ran out of her house informing Anjali that she is going out for some time. She rang the bell of Malhotra house, Shravan opened the door with his phone in his hand. Suman leaped and engulfed him a tight hug. Shravan was surprised and stumbled back by a few steps, the mobile in his hand fell. He too embraced her. He came out of the hug and held Suman by her waist while Suman wrapped her hands around his neck. He kissed her temple where the small bandaged rested, Suman closed her eyes at the feel. It had been a week since she last felt it his touch but for her it had felt like year. Shravan took her left wrist and kissed her knuckles, "Are you good?" His eyes were filled with concern. "Of course I am, I had to be! Someone was waiting for me here." Suman spoke with a twinkle in her eyes. "I'll always wait for you like I promised" Suman smiled at him and rested her head against his letting the feeling seep in. She wanted to meet him before going but couldn't. Shravan was on her mind throughout the mission of course after her country. She didn't want to miss the chance of meeting him before he rejoined army.

Shravan looked at her and said, "You know I could have fractured my shoulder again with the way you jumped on me!" Before Suman could reply they heard someone cough. Both of them came out of their half-embrace and straightened up. Avni stood grinning there with Shravan's phone in her hand. She came near Suman and said, "Bhabhi, Tauji and Taiji have returned from Canada and are present in this house itself. Look over the surroundings before getting close to your BEST FRIEND. My brother is shameless but you aren't." Suman felt her cheeks heat up, she was flabbergasted and look at Shravan wide-eye.  Avni smirked at Shravan giving his phone, "Bhai don't make bhabhi embarrassed, you have your own room right? For all things." Avni ran from there while Shravan ran behind her throwing a pillow at her. Suman laughed at Shravan and Avni. Listening to laughter in the living room, Kavita and Devraj came out. Their heart rose with happiness while witnessing the scene in front of her, Shravan and Avni as usual were fighting while Suman being the sane one was asking them to stop. Kavita came in between and stopped them, "Stop fighting like kids. Suman how are you dear?" Suman bent down to take the blessings of Devraj and Kavita, "I am good aunty. How are you both?" Devraj spoke, "We are good. Life feels better " Kavita called Suman for having some snacks but Shravan interrupted them, "Maa you were complaining about jet lag sometime before. You should have proper sleep. Umm.. I'll take Suman out." Kavita looked at him with a suspicious eyes but then let it go. Avni quipped, "Yes, chachi bhai will take Suman out. You don't have to worry about her bhai will take care of her as always" Shravan shot daggers at Avni while she giggled and left the place. 

Shravan left the house with Suman and they went for boat riding in the Bhojtal or Upper Lake. As they were enjoying the scenery Shravan grumpily asked, "Why did you've to replace your friend? We could have spent more time. Moreover your back but with injuries." Suman laughed and pulled his cheeks and said, "You are so dramatic Shravan. Kriti met with an accident and so she was unable to go. She asked me to replace her and I did. It's that simple." Shravan nodded and said, "I am joining army in 4 days. What about you?" 

"I'll be joining day after tomorrow. By the way you never told me that uncle-aunty were going to come." 

Shravan replied, "They called me yesterday and told they were coming. I myself was surprised. Dadu had called Papa and they had a hearty conversation after which Dadu said that he wanted to meet Papa as he was like his own child. Papa too was happy and for the first time was ready to come back and so they thought of surprising me. We'll be at your house in some time maybe with my and Rashmi's wedding card." Suman whacked him hard. Shravan had realised that Suman would turn jealous at times the and would tease her about it every now and then.

*Flashback*

Shravan, Suman, Kanchan and Siddharth were discussing about the pre-wedding plans. They had been to the hotel where the wedding was going to take place and though of going to some other hotel for lunch. Over the time Siddharth and Shravan had bonded well. Shravan had realised that Sid wasn't clumsy but just an introvert. They entered the hotel when Siddharth's colleague Tanvi stopped by. She was talking with Siddharth while the waiter came to take their orders. Kanchan asked Siddharth what he would like to have when Tanvi answered instead of him, "Paneer butter masala, it's his favorite" It was obvious that she was attracted to Siddharth and knew a lot about him. So Kanchan called Siddharth as honey and indirectly showed her ring to Tanvi. Tanvi realised that they were engaged and was about to move when she looked at Shravan and smiled. She asked Siddharth to introduce them. As soon as Siddharth introduced them Suman spoke, "Shravan we have some work let's move out!" Suman waved at Kanchan and pulled Shravan out. When they came out Shravan asked her, "Are you jealous?" he started grinning when he got no answer. He continued, "Well getting a glimpse of jealous girlfriend is good I guess! I should call Rashmi back" Suman gave her typical annoyed expression and spoke, "Oh please! Rashmi is sweet and knows her limits unlike your brand new friend Tanvi" Shravan laughed at her, "Sumo no Tanvi or any other girl will be able to replace your position in my life. And yes you are the love of my life while Tanvi ain't my brand new friend but best friend" They had reached Suman's car and Suman slammed the door on Shravan's face while he laughed at his jealous girlfriend. 

*Flashback ends*

Shravan asked Suman if they should go to the same hotel as she loves the food served there. Suman refused to go the hotel calling it cursed and then they both went home!

_________

18 Months later

*Suman's POV*

We revealed about our relationship 6 months ago to our respective families. All were happy to know about it. We both have taken our 1 month leave now. It's been a week and honestly I feel that this time should never end. We just met thrice this year. Yes, we are in a long-distance relationship but can't we be together forever? Shravan has asked me to come to this cafe called 'A cup of joy' today! He told me it's a surprise and I can't wait to see it.

*POV ends*

Suman entered the cafe to find it empty. She asked the receptionist if Shravan Malhotra had booked a table to which the lady replied that a whole room upstairs had been booked. She showed the room to Suman and left the place. As Suman opened the door she could see a way made by candles and rose petals leading to a table. Shravan usually liked decorating places whenever they would meet. The room had the fragrance of lavender and she relaxed in no time. As she sat on the chair she heard the faint notes of piano. She heard Shravan speaking from a corner "Presenting a small piece of art for the love of my life

Teri meri aisi jud gayi kahaani

Ke jud jaata jaise do nadiyon ka paani

Mujhe aage tere sath behna hai

Jaana tumhein to hai teh bata jaani

Ke aye zindagi kaise banti suhaani

Mujhe har pal tere sath rehna hai

Tu kuchh adhoore se

Hum bhi kuchh aadhe

Aadha aadha hum jo dono mila dein

To ban jaayegi apni ik zindgaani

Yeh duniya mile na mile humko

Khushiyan bhaga dengi har gham ko

Tum sath ho phir kya baaki ho

Mere liye tum kaafi ho

Shravan switched on the light and came in front of Suman and bent down on one knee and spoke, "Suman you've been the best thing that ever happened to me. I hope to be with you throughout my life. I can't promise you a life with no sorrows at all but I can assure that you'll always have me by your side till my death" Suman placed her finger on his lips and and shook her head. Shravan smiled at her and continued. "I wish to be your support system through out life. I am not perfect but I'll always try to give my best. I wish to roam the world with you. I wish to grow old with you. I love you Suman and will continue to do till eternity. Will you marry me?" He opened the ring box and the diamond in the platinum ring dazzled. Suman got on her knee and held out her hand, "Yes, a thousand times!" Shravan quickly slid the ring on her fingers. Both of them got up and Suman hugged Shravan. Her heart was fluttering, she still wasn't able to able the take all the happiness. It felt like they both would erupt with happiness. Suman came out of the hug first and spoke, "Thanks for this and always remeber I Love you Shravan" Shravan smiled at her and leaned in. Suman instantly closed her eyes, his lips brushed hers softly like feathers. He inhaled her scent could feel her smile against his lips. Suman gave in and kissed Shravan passionately!

And they lived happily forever!

------------The end-----------

P.S- I am really very very very sorry for the late update😭 I honestly wanted to update it earlier but wasted my time writing a different proposal and then deleting it. I am sorry if you wished to see more romantic scenes, I won't be able to write them. Hope you all enjoyed my story! 

Thanks Alina, Bucky, Mishti, Vagee, Meena, Guneet, Deos, Veena, Ritika, Rajitha, Mahek for commenting and supporting me!🤗❤️

Thanks Felicie Deos Vageeshwarics Veenapain Tennessean neeraja91 Isabel subhashree126 Bucky alina.b Panktiii  RitikaGarg8 AlishaSyed MudrasV for liking the chapters and showing your love!

Thanks to my silent readers for reading my story!

This story is the first one I have ever written, it will always remain close to my heart. I didn't expect such a huge response and am overwhelmed by it😳

Thanks a lot guys!

Bucky thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Omg that was so good!❤️ Why did it have to end!😭

Honestly it takes so many efforts to find the perfect closure to a story and you were able to execute it flawlessly! Your story was full of hope and painted smiles left, right and centre. I'm super proud of your first story as a writer!👏

Honestly Lavy you have a bright path ahead of you! Expecting to read more such fabulous works from you! Keep writing👍🏼

Edited by Bucky - 3 years ago
Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bucky

Omg that was so good!❤️ Why did it have to end!😭

Honestly it takes so many efforts to find the perfect closure to a story and you were able to execute it flawlessly! You story was full of hope and painted smiles left, right and centre. I'm super proud of your first story as author!👏

Honestly Lavy you have a bright path ahead of you! Expecting to read more such fabulous works from you! Keep writing👍🏼

Thanks a ton Bucky!🤗

I honestly am very much grateful for this response❤️

I am smiling here like a goofball☺️ and my brother is wondering what's wrong with me😆

I will keep writing whenever I get time!😳

I  am actually not finding words to thank you!

I'll just say THANK YOU!!!

alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Awww this was so sweet, Miyan! I can't believe it ended! 💔 There's a bittersweet feeling in my heart. 😭 I loved jealous Sumo 😆 but the proposal had my heart! Romantic Shravan  I really hope you continue writing! I love to read your work! ❤️