Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: anna143

Okay but honestly as an audience member i dont see her number one. Her screen presence has decreased, her popularity has gone down because of new faces, she had a huge gap between BM and Chaapak we almost forgot about her and now Chaapak performed poorly at theatres. It may not be her fault in that but theres fresh meat coming out very fast and with more time she will be non existent. If she wasnt married to RS she would have disappeared by now. Shes also not signed any big movies yet. What is she waiting for? Whats her strategy? Whats her PR doing? 

I see Alia as no.1 and no.2 is everyone else. Kareena even now is doing better than alot of girls 

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Okay but honestly as an audience member i dont see her number one. Her screen presence has decreased, her popularity has gone down because of new faces, she had a huge gap between BM and Chaapak we almost forgot about her and now Chaapak performed poorly at theatres. It may not be her fault in that but theres fresh meat coming out very fast and with more time she will be non existent. If she wasnt married to RS she would have disappeared by now. Shes also not signed any big movies yet. What is she waiting for? Whats her strategy? Whats her PR doing? 

Every actress loses popularity. It happens with everyone. It happened with Priyanka, katrina. it will happen/is happening with Deepika. New actresses come in (younger ones primarily) and are invested in majorily....one day the ones you are calling #1 in the present will also lose popularity.

How much they lose popularity is dependent on their stardom. The bigger star you were in your pirme, the less likely the audience will stop payig attention to you esp if you are trying to stay relevant with good work.

It depends on how these stars deal with it. Priyanka's sky is pink underperformed as well? is she non existent? not at all. She played her cards right and made a move that keeps her relevant. in her late 30's she is one of the few actresses at this age who has maintained her position/ stardom.

I dont understand how you can even come to the conclusion that she would be non existent? isnt she signing films, shes doing shakun batras film? I am almost 100% positive she has more films in the pipeline. The biggest star in india is not going to not have a plan. If she made it this far, I doubt her abmition is going to sway just because she is what another year older in her 30's? Shes still heavily covered by the media. I am not sure how that makes her non existent esp. if she is still a working actress and the audience, media has strong interest in her

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vsbarry

Every actress loses popularity. It happens with everyone. It happened with Priyanka, katrina. it will happen/is happening with Deepika. New actresses come in (younger ones primarily) and are invested in majorily....one day the ones you are calling #1 in the present will also lose popularity.

How much they lose popularity is dependent on their stardom. The bigger star you were in your pirme, the less likely the audience will stop payig attention to you esp if you are trying to stay relevant with good work.

It depends on how these stars deal with it. Priyanka's sky is pink underperformed as well? is she non existent? not at all. She played her cards right and made a move that keeps her relevant. in her late 30's she is one of the few actresses at this age who has maintained her position/ stardom.

I dont understand how you can even come to the conclusion that she would be non existent? isnt she signing films, shes doing shakun batras film? I am almost 100% positive she has more films in the pipeline. The biggest star in india is not going to not have a plan. If she made it this far, I doubt her abmition is going to sway just because she is what another year older in her 30's? Shes still heavily covered by the media. I am not sure how that makes her non existent esp. if she is still a working actress and the audience, media has strong interest in her

well we will have to agree to disagree- priyanka is a prime example of dusted. If u haven’t contributed in a long time successfully then ur pretty much done unless u can make an impactful comeback. Salman Khan did it and Akshay also revamped himself and is bigger today than before. Same will happen to SRK if he cant do a comeback which is accepted by mass then he will be done as well. You dont have to agree with me but in sorry that’s how im seeing it. 

Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Of course its about the hits. Even a good actor will not get recognition if their films don't do well no matter how talented they are. But it is also how much support she has recieved in comparison to any other actress she had to debut with. Her string of hits didnt magically happen on her own. She was not offered her choices. she was handed her choices. Whether she was hyped or not, I cant remember. But I clearly remember her being pushed by the industry very early on right right from her debut. 

I actually very much predicted that success will come her way because she was being supported. In contrast, I never thought too much of Parineeti's career being more promising than hers, because Alia was becoming a lot more popular very early on for reasons beyond her talent.

After highway and that whole KWK incidence, Parineeti was "not the one to look out for.' There was a clear skew for Alia being the one who would be more promising. and this was just after 2 films.

No but there are few actors like Shahid who've had more flops than hits yet their talent remains the talk of the town. 

I agree on the Alia part, she definitely would not have reached where she is without the backing. However much I may like her, there no denying this fact. But what I'm saying is that at the beginning and before all the koffee with karan fiasco, no one really took her seriously. I say this because I remember people commenting she will not last, she's too mediocre looking and all. Parineeti had taken all the awards from her first movie. But I knew Alia would last longer than Pari. As far as I can remember, Alia was not over hyped when soty released. 

Sonakshi and Parineeti are similar in a way, they were very over hyped in the beginning of their career. 

vsbarry thumbnail

Originally posted by: Silveraliax

No but there are few actors like Shahid who've had more flops than hits yet their talent remains the talk of the town.

I agree on the Alia part, she definitely would not have reached where she is without the backing. However much I may like her, there no denying this fact. But what I'm saying is that at the beginning and before all the koffee with karan fiasco, no one really took her seriously. I say this because I remember people commenting she will not last, she's too mediocre looking and all. Parineeti had taken all the awards from her first movie. But I knew Alia would last longer than Pari. As far as I can remember, Alia was not over hyped when soty released. 

Sonakshi and Parineeti are similar in a way, they were very over hyped in the beginning of their career. 

shahid just gave a gigantic hit. People only care about your present not your past. Ayushmann same story. The minute you give hit. The audience will care about you. That’s the reason why it’s unpredictable and fickle to the core.

I never considered parineeti over hyped. And I remember her debuting. I considered alia overhyped though. Especially when people on kwk would still choose her despite not showing any sort of talent. Parineeti is still lasting, less successful than alia at movies, yes. But she is definitely working. I am excited to see her movies. They look very promising content wise. And not to be rude, sonakshi is not in her League in terms of upcoming filmography. Parineeti’s line up, dare I say, is very promising

Edited by vsbarry - 4 years ago
vsbarry thumbnail

well we will have to agree to disagree- priyanka is a prime example of dusted. If u haven’t contributed in a long time successfully then ur pretty much done unless u can make an impactful comeback. Salman Khan did it and Akshay also revamped himself and is bigger today than before. Same will happen to SRK if he cant do a comeback which is accepted by mass then he will be done as well. You dont have to agree with me but in sorry that’s how im seeing it. 

How do you distinguish a fair comeback and the content of a film like the sky is pink? All these factors contribute and need to be taken account of. Relevancy is not based on bo numbers solely. Even the biggest stars flop here and there, there is always inconsistency on whether a film does well and if it doesn’t. Also coming men to women-unfair! Not the same at all. Give me a female actress who has sustained her stardom into her 40’s? And please don’t say madhuri, ash. They are remembered for their past more then their present. 

Priyanka has most definitely reinvented and more important “Sustained”  in her own way, not per say as an actor. But as a star. 

everyone has their own definition of reinvention.  If you can name female actresses who have reinvented while still maintaining a high level of stardom. Name them please

vsbarry thumbnail

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

How do you distinguish a fair comeback and the content of a film like the sky is pink? All these factors contribute and need to be taken account of. Relevancy is not based on bo numbers solely. Even the biggest stars flop here and there, there is always inconsistency on whether a film does well and if it doesn’t. Also coming men to women-unfair! Not the same at all. Give me a female actress who has sustained her stardom into her 40’s? And please don’t say madhuri, ash. They are remembered for their past more then their present. 

Priyanka has most definitely reinvented and more important “Sustained”  in her own way, not per say as an actor. But as a star. 

everyone has their own definition of reinvention.  If you can name female actresses who have reinvented while still maintaining a high level of stardom. Name them please

Kareena not in her 40s but able to sustain herself as a top actress amongst her peers ie Priyanka and Rani 

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Kareena not in her 40s but able to sustain herself as a top actress amongst her peers ie Priyanka and Rani 

I've never really seen Rani and Kareena in the same group. Rani had 14 releases before Kareena had her 2nd release.

For me:

Early 90s: Manisha, Urmila, Kajol, Karisma, Divya, Raveena

Mid 90s: Sonali, Shilpa, Tabu

Late 90s: Rani, Preity, Aishwarya, Sushmita, Mahima

Early 00s: Kareena, Amisha, Bipasha, Priyanka, Lara

Mid 00s: Katrina, Vidya, Kangana

Late 00s: Deepika, Sonam, Anushka, Asin

Originally posted by: Ronaldo_fan

Deepika is not number one. Lol

Exactly earlier TM  used to create polls like alia is no match for Deepika and yada yada and now she is clubbing Deepika with alia 🤣

Alia has already dethroned Deepika and how

Deepika was super popular in my country but her popularity is declined exponentially..