Who can dethrone Alia Bhatt and Deepika Padukone?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

...My bet is nobody has the clout to overtake them! Jhanvi has a promising filmography ahead but that girl lacks something-- can't put my finger on it. Sara Ali Khan is a wannabe.  Ananya Pandey is the only one of the 3 who has SOME charm, but she lacks in popularity.

So, who do you think can dethrone these two?

Discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

...My bet is nobody has the clout to overtake them! Jhanvi has a promising filmography ahead but that girl lacks something-- can't put my finger on it. Sara Ali Khan is a wannabe.  Ananya Pandey is the only one of the 3 who has SOME charm, but she lacks in popularity.

So, who do you think can dethrone these two?

Discuss.

Overtake in what? If it’s acting, than many are better. If it’s film opportunIties, than even deepika is sub par to alia. stardom, deepika has already established herself and is considered a star. Alia doesn’t convince me as someone who will last beyond her late 20’s who will remain very very popular. I feel like there are a lot of promising actors out there.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: vsbarry

Overtake in what? If it’s acting, than many are better. If it’s film opportunIties, than even deepika is sub par to alia. stardom, deepika has already established herself and is considered a star. Alia doesn’t convince me as someone who will last beyond her late 20’s who will remain very very popular. I feel like there are a lot of promising actors out there.

I meant dethrone in terms of stardom. You know, the number game and all that. I alos feel there are better actresses out there(Kangana, Parineeti for instance) but can they beat DP and Alia in the stardom game?

Ennuyi thumbnail

Nowdays content is king or whatever film is entertaining people will watch it doesnt matter who the satrs are... those days of blind fandom and stardom are gone..

GumGum thumbnail

Kaka has already dethroned Aloo.

Deepika is not number one. Lol

vsbarry thumbnail

I meant dethrone in terms of stardom. You know, the number game and all that. I alos feel there are better actresses out there(Kangana, Parineeti for instance) but can they beat DP and Alia in the stardom game?

I would consider DP, Priyanka, Katrina, Kareena probably on the same platform of stardom in terms of their popularity and how long they have maintained that stardom. They are all different.

I consider alias stardom transient. Same with shraddha for that matter. Because they have Not lasted long enough in the industry like the prior and maintained a sense of stardom. maintenence  is the single most important thing imo for stardom. 

will others become stars who are not considered stars today? Yes, with good work they will catch up and depending on how they are presented through their PR and the media, they will also be considered stars.

The problem however is that the media and PR, along with the industry support “chooses” who they want to see as Stars. So they achieve it faster because they have support.

A big giveaway is the likes of sara and ananya being way more supported than say a rhadika madan. None of them have delivered blockbusters on their own..but the industry is already is partial to the likes of sara being a star vs radhika. 
But if radhika delivers hits, no one can stop her from being a star. That’s the beauty of the audiences influence.

In short, the answer is yes. Because we can’t predict what will happen 5-10  years from now considering all the dynamics that influence an actor into being a star. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

IF thats the criteria than Alia is ahead of Deepika. Deepika is on the decline 

As for who can dethrone Alia I think Ananya Pandey is good 

vsbarry thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

IF thats the criteria than Alia is ahead of Deepika. Deepika is on the decline 

As for who can dethrone Alia I think Ananya Pandey is good 

she is ahead only in the moment. When she is deepikas age; you have to evaluate her cumulative effect. Her hype level at 27  is lower than deepikas/katrinas hype level at that same age ..actually they were younger.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: vsbarry

she is ahead only in the moment. When she is deepikas age; you have to evaluate her cumulative effect. Her hype level at 27  is lower than deepikas/katrinas hype level at that same age ..actually they were younger.

I guess thats true. But Deepika as of today is on the decline. Is she legend level yes. But so are alot of people who's films dont sell anymore 

IN todays market I say Alia, Akshay Kumar, Ranveer, are probably hitting peaks