Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Reshmi.parekh78 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: maaloo

There are so many things that went kaput for the show in the recent times. Again am not discounting channel meddling; I have heard of it happening in many other shows too because as far as the channel is concerned, what matters most is the numbers - however skewed they are. So leaving all that aside:

things that worked for KHKT, was the rom-com, lighthearted original story line. And they stuck to that premise for the longest time.. upto about 80 or so episodes. Yes, I didn't mind the fact that the ML had a prior love and was still in love with the idea of being in love with his ex. Its something which I could relate to. Many have more than one love in their lives, before they meet their ever-after partner. Rohit's attraction to Sona, but holding himself back 'cos he thought he owed it to Raima was very much relatable. He felt guilty for Raima being in coma which added to his confusion and refusal to let go of his past. So that part of the angst and confusion and his gradual realization that Sona was his present and future was something that I had no issues with. And the casting - that was excellent. Not just the leads but also all the supporting characters - even down to the driver Ravi - that was too good.( except may be the lady who played Raima's mom and to a certain extent the actress who played Raima)

The story started slipping when they decided to bring back Raima from coma and try to vie for ROhit's attention. They tried to show her initially as a petulant child and then as a girl who was willing to do anything to get Rohit back in her life. That sucked. Big time!!!

Mahesh's track would have been good had they not mixed it with the wedding track. But during that time, the number of BTS videos and SBS videos of the track probably had something to do with ruining the numbers. 

After the wedding, they could have shown Sona settle in to her new family (at-least a couple of episodes) instead of trying to be the super-bahu and spouting the million crores love with her MIL. That's where they lost it I think. And since then its been a slow slide down the hill. 

They had to turn so many characters negative to justify a super-efficient detective cum general problem solver FL. And with the characters turning negative, so did the story. It lost its pulse and became the regular trolled ITV show with the characters and story becoming far-fetched. 

And with the news of the show going off -air and hurriedly shooting up for the remaining episodes with the need economize - Sikcand did exactly opposite of what he set to do. 

He introduced a track which is relevant today but somehow its not something that one can connect with . There was no realization of where they went wrong previously for the FL/ML/Mother in law. The loving mature Nani went to being another prop. Vamp Nishi became a permanent fixture in all the episodes - down to the last one. And in all this, they made a caricature of Sona as a Keralite nurse! First off the name - they could have stuck to a simple Parvati Nair or something like that instead of the Sarvepalli-whatever-whatever- Parvati. Malayalis don't have names like that - I should know, as I am a Mallu.  

Leave alone the accent, the fact that just because she wears glasses, and speaks differently, nobody can recognize her is so ridiculous and mind-boggling to accept, If the makers wanted to bring in the comedy element to this track by doing so, I am afraid they failed - atleast in my books. 

In his interview, Sikcand mentioned that he is happy that he is going with his head held high as the show has the decent numbers and the love from the fans. Well, he could have, had he ended the show by giving it a decent end, instead of a rushed, nonsensical ending. He could have ended it as a romcom that he set out to make by focussing on the leads and them getting back together. Instead he chose to make it the story of the side characters. In the last episode when they showed Rohan feeding Pari who was looking smug and with Tanya looking hurt, it felt so irrelevant. 

KHKT got to where it did because of its excellent actors. I don't think even they can salvage it now - when the makers don't want it, when the channel doesn't want it, and with neither of them caring for what the audience wants - ITV is gonna remain the same for a long time.. 

Sorry for my long rant.. I had to get it out. 

Peace out. 

Perfect

Actually if you see what you have posted, it is the complete track of KHKT and it is nowhere close to good...forget being better or best....Seriously speaking and something we mentioned multiple times...this serial never really had one track which was Wow...

Yes the small patch where Rohit and Sonakshi were in love after Raima moves out of their lives...till Rohit makes that clip to welcome Sonakshi (might be some 5 6 episodes) were good....but that is it ...otherwise it was all useless stuff...ppl saw it only hoping something good would come up now in future...but Mahesh followed by Rohan followed by Pari followed by Nishi followed by even Veena now...everyone was simply negative...and plots were negative and similiar continuously....still they were lucky that so many ppl liked the show due to which trps were maintained ....

Maybe this Sandeep S feels he has done a great job but actually that is not the case ...later when he put the blame on the channel the only question I have is when the date for serial to go off air was decided why did he not create something wonderful for 30 days....he got those 30 episodes to prove himself and that is not less time ...he could have created what he wanted to then ...why did he not do that then ....he had all the time he wanted and no one to point out at him then ....infact fans also had supported him and did not want the serial to go off air... least he could have done is kept their trust and show them what talent he has ....this particular virus track has been the worst of all tracks...don’t evn feel like seeing the episode...though that feeling has been there for long now atleast used to browse thru earlier now don’t evn feel like watching...also the comedy track was def badly done but not even required right now...Sonakshi slapping Nishi and that going unnoticed just was idiotic...no makeup but still how did she look like some Kerala nurse is confusing....this was a comedy track was it ? And the super woman track was forcibly inserted even here.....again saviour was Sonakshi ...why don’t they close that hospital and open Parvati hospital instead...anyway doctors nurses are not doing anything...it is only Parvati ...so why not start her hospital..as she can save anyone ....

They seriously ruined the show .....maybe he was asked to prove how channel was right in taking it off air ..maybe that will be his excuse for bad tracks now 

mthiru thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: maaloo

There are so many things that went kaput for the show in the recent times. Again am not discounting channel meddling; I have heard of it happening in many other shows too because as far as the channel is concerned, what matters most is the numbers - however skewed they are. So leaving all that aside:

things that worked for KHKT, was the rom-com, lighthearted original story line. And they stuck to that premise for the longest time.. upto about 80 or so episodes. Yes, I didn't mind the fact that the ML had a prior love and was still in love with the idea of being in love with his ex. Its something which I could relate to. Many have more than one love in their lives, before they meet their ever-after partner. Rohit's attraction to Sona, but holding himself back 'cos he thought he owed it to Raima was very much relatable. He felt guilty for Raima being in coma which added to his confusion and refusal to let go of his past. So that part of the angst and confusion and his gradual realization that Sona was his present and future was something that I had no issues with. And the casting - that was excellent. Not just the leads but also all the supporting characters - even down to the driver Ravi - that was too good.( except may be the lady who played Raima's mom and to a certain extent the actress who played Raima)

The story started slipping when they decided to bring back Raima from coma and try to vie for ROhit's attention. They tried to show her initially as a petulant child and then as a girl who was willing to do anything to get Rohit back in her life. That sucked. Big time!!!

Mahesh's track would have been good had they not mixed it with the wedding track. But during that time, the number of BTS videos and SBS videos of the track probably had something to do with ruining the numbers. 

After the wedding, they could have shown Sona settle in to her new family (at-least a couple of episodes) instead of trying to be the super-bahu and spouting the million crores love with her MIL. That's where they lost it I think. And since then its been a slow slide down the hill. 

They had to turn so many characters negative to justify a super-efficient detective cum general problem solver FL. And with the characters turning negative, so did the story. It lost its pulse and became the regular trolled ITV show with the characters and story becoming far-fetched. 

And with the news of the show going off -air and hurriedly shooting up for the remaining episodes with the need economize - Sikcand did exactly opposite of what he set to do. 

He introduced a track which is relevant today but somehow its not something that one can connect with . There was no realization of where they went wrong previously for the FL/ML/Mother in law. The loving mature Nani went to being another prop. Vamp Nishi became a permanent fixture in all the episodes - down to the last one. And in all this, they made a caricature of Sona as a Keralite nurse! First off the name - they could have stuck to a simple Parvati Nair or something like that instead of the Sarvepalli-whatever-whatever- Parvati. Malayalis don't have names like that - I should know, as I am a Mallu.  

Leave alone the accent, the fact that just because she wears glasses, and speaks differently, nobody can recognize her is so ridiculous and mind-boggling to accept, If the makers wanted to bring in the comedy element to this track by doing so, I am afraid they failed - atleast in my books. 

In his interview, Sikcand mentioned that he is happy that he is going with his head held high as the show has the decent numbers and the love from the fans. Well, he could have, had he ended the show by giving it a decent end, instead of a rushed, nonsensical ending. He could have ended it as a romcom that he set out to make by focussing on the leads and them getting back together. Instead he chose to make it the story of the side characters. In the last episode when they showed Rohan feeding Pari who was looking smug and with Tanya looking hurt, it felt so irrelevant. 

KHKT got to where it did because of its excellent actors. I don't think even they can salvage it now - when the makers don't want it, when the channel doesn't want it, and with neither of them caring for what the audience wants - ITV is gonna remain the same for a long time.. 

Sorry for my long rant.. I had to get it out. 

Peace out. 

Beautiful and honest analysis. I am not into hero/heroine hankering after their ex but somehow it worked here beautifully. 

Many had felt Rohit falling in love with Sona was bit abrupt and unnatural after being stuck with his past for so many years. But it was done so beautifully and the angst/guilt is so touching..

The original writer had more balance and in depth love story for Rohit &Raima planned but they never executed this. See otherwise why would they give so much built-up for Rohit's past?? Around this time the original writer also left the show.. Maybe he was but happy with the story change??

Till the 26th Sep where Raima comes into the picture the show was on another level in storytelling and beautiful acting by everyone including supporting cast. 

After this the show started to go down in terms of story but the execution and acting by the leads what kept us hooked.

Think sandeep tried to make a different show but his desperation to get the trp is what made him loss faith in his own production so fast. 

For a guy who wants to stand out he himself beleives in numbers so much so that he was always in two minds about how to proceed with the tracks.

You are right about stacker track.. It's a sure winner for drama and trps world over and this track deserve to be on its own. They should have never mixed it with wedding. It was a nightmare.

many fans were happy about today's episode which is ironic. We used to criticize so much of a 100 times better episodes. I can't beleive any one who is in this industry would churn out episode that  we are getting in the past few weeks.

All dipika's scens with everyone is done with BDs.. Why would anyone do this? None of the people involved cared? It's their own work don't you want to be proud and feel you gave your best till end? 

I suppose egos, power and money what matters the most. Hope the producer gives an reason for these past 3weeks episodes and why the hell he didn't make sure his FL was part of the last shoot with the team.. 

if you see today episode you would understand my frustration with dipika not being with the team while shooting. She is a lead for godsake.. You can't shove down garbage down your fans throat because you are disillusioned..

It's as if they all have accepted the degradation of this show and I for one don't think it's channel fault for this.

maaloo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Reshmi.parekh78

.....maybe he was asked to prove how channel was right in taking it off air ..maybe that will be his excuse for bad tracks now 

Originally posted by: mthiru

I suppose egos, power and money what matters the most. Hope the producer gives an reason for these past 3weeks episodes and why the hell he didn't make sure his FL was part of the last shoot with the team.. 

if you see today episode you would understand my frustration with dipika not being with the team while shooting. She is a lead for godsake.. You can't shove down garbage down your fans throat because you are disillusioned..

It's as if they all have accepted the degradation of this show and I for one don't think it's channel fault for this.

@bold : This is what it is all about. At the end of the day thats what matters and no I don't think we will ever get an answer or why the excess use of BDs. And i agree with you, disillusionment should not be the reason to dole out garbage. This was how he chose to end the show. Its on him and not on anybody else. Atleast thats what I think too. 

Like @Reshmi.parekh78 mentioned, I too think he will bail himself out (if at all he gives a statement, which I highly doubt) by saying "well, the channel wanted drama and I gave them drama - screw the execution". Like you rightly pointed out, he had a choice of showing beautiful 30 episodes the way he envisioned, he didn't and thats on him. 

Edited by maaloo - 4 years ago
YHCstan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Beautiful and honest analysis. I am not into hero/heroine hankering after their ex but somehow it worked here beautifully. 

Many had felt Rohit falling in love with Sona was bit abrupt and unnatural after being stuck with his past for so many years. But it was done so beautifully and the angst/guilt is so touching..

The original writer had more balance and in depth love story for Rohit &Raima planned but they never executed this. See otherwise why would they give so much built-up for Rohit's past?? Around this time the original writer also left the show.. Maybe he was but happy with the story change??

Till the 26th Sep where Raima comes into the picture the show was on another level in storytelling and beautiful acting by everyone including supporting cast. 

After this the show started to go down in terms of story but the execution and acting by the leads what kept us hooked.

Think sandeep tried to make a different show but his desperation to get the trp is what made him loss faith in his own production so fast. 

For a guy who wants to stand out he himself beleives in numbers so much so that he was always in two minds about how to proceed with the tracks.

You are right about stacker track.. It's a sure winner for drama and trps world over and this track deserve to be on its own. They should have never mixed it with wedding. It was a nightmare.

many fans were happy about today's episode which is ironic. We used to criticize so much of a 100 times better episodes. I can't beleive any one who is in this industry would churn out episode that  we are getting in the past few weeks.

All dipika's scens with everyone is done with BDs.. Why would anyone do this? None of the people involved cared? It's their own work don't you want to be proud and feel you gave your best till end? 

This is nothing. Apparently in Sandiip’s previous show YHM, for about a year the lead actress was using body doubles it seems. Even the last episode was show with leads in one frame and the others separately. Imagine seeing just the body doubles of the leads for 1 whole year! Fun fact so despite the BDS the show was supposedly getting consistently decent ratings. Lol 

mthiru thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: YHCstan

This is nothing. Apparently in Sandiip’s previous show YHM, for about a year the lead actress was using body doubles it seems. Even the last episode was show with leads in one frame and the others separately. Imagine seeing just the body doubles of the leads for 1 whole year! Fun fact so despite the BDS the show was supposedly getting consistently decent ratings. Lol 

If what you say happened that to for a year and the show continued with its numbers??? Well that explains the producer careless attitude towards fans this using bds in all FLs scenes in KHKT and that too in the show's climax.

Also sandeep should only be a creative director for show's under ekta banner. Seems that's when he can succeed.

Thanks for this info it will caution (well hope at least) me not to get attached to his home production shows..

Sree_mk thumbnail

If what you say happened that to for a year and the show continued with its numbers??? Well that explains the producer careless attitude towards fans this using bds in all FLs scenes in KHKT and that too in the show's climax.

Also sandeep should only be a creative director for show's under ekta banner. Seems that's when he can succeed.

Thanks for this info it will caution (well hope at least) me not to get attached to his home production shows..

Thiru, In YHM, they used body double for FL for more than one year episodes. ML take a break from YHM and he returned to do some last episodes.For last telecast episode also, they shooted leads scenes separately and side characters scenes separately and merged this two scenes in climax episode. But even after all these, YHM got steady TV TRP.

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

It’s because DT and KP kept taking breaks, sometime because of their personal vacation or other work commitments. DT went on holidays (or maybe other reasons) abroad (at least her insta showed so) and was shooting for a web. KP also had other work commitments and they weren’t able to coordinate time for leads to shoot together. It’s not the makers or sandip’s fault on this. It’s the lead actors, their other work commitment etc. Plus DT and KP were already known actors and had good standing in the industry by then and DT was doing Ekta’s web show so they had to work with their schedule. Also, YHM had already taken a leap and the next gen were running the show so I guess IshRa weren’t really needed that much to run the show. 

Idk about YHM’s TRP and how much it garnered when it ended but I do know that PH wanted to end it a year earlier but channel pressurized for an extension so it went on for another year. 

Edited by LoveInAutumn26 - 4 years ago
march2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

to be honest i find deepika a bit old ..i mean i dont want to insult of bodyshame but she gain weight apart her acting for the role of tv star ...

Sree_mk thumbnail

Originally posted by: march2011

to be honest i find deepika a bit old ..i mean i dont want to insult of bodyshame but she gain weight apart her acting for the role of tv star ...

She has health issues. She has thyroid problem and that's why she gained weight. We can't blame her because of these side effects.

IshRaian thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

It’s because DT and KP kept taking breaks, sometime because of their personal vacation or other work commitments. DT went on holidays (or maybe other reasons) abroad (at least her insta showed so) and was shooting for a web. KP also had other work commitments and they weren’t able to coordinate time for leads to shoot together. It’s not the makers or sandip’s fault on this. It’s the lead actors, their other work commitment etc. Plus DT and KP were already known actors and had good standing in the industry by then and DT was doing Ekta’s web show so they had to work with their schedule. Also, YHM had already taken a leap and the next gen were running the show so I guess IshRa weren’t really needed that much to run the show

Idk about YHM’s TRP and how much it garnered when it ended but I do know that PH wanted to end it a year earlier but channel pressurized for an extension so it went on for another year. 

This is not true. The new hen were in focus only during  Nov 2016 to Nov 2017. By that time the CVs realised that new gen can’t run the show. So after that every track of new gen was headed by Ishita and Raman. In fact I can’t think of any new gen track post Budapest other than say Adi’s EMA track and torturing the Son in laws track. Even in that last year were BDS were used throughout, all the tracks were entirely based on Ishita and Raman only. 

The makers are responsible for this mostly because they are the ones scheduling the shoot. Actors can drop any time they want unless the PH is okay with it.

And channel wouldn’t simply extend any show if it was getting low numbers. If the channel extended the show, it could only mean that the show was doing well in its slot. Second, there is no news to prove what you just said. In fact the PH wanted to keep YHM on air until the spin off was ready and the spin off had many delays before it finally launched 2 years after discussions for the same had started.