Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mthiru thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Deviant_Pixel

I think the iconic scenes in KHKT were actually not natural to Sandip's Sickand brand which tries to be 'real' but actually is just a middle class version to Ekta's affluent trash that she calls TV.

He got lucky because Karan Grover enacted those comedy scenes sooo beautifully and hes so excellent. In reality though, they never really served what was promised.

1. The show was intended to be about the love story blossoming between a TV lead star and a SURGEON, instead they never even showed the struggle of them dating properly no they straight jumped to marriage 

2. They started this bullshit Raima crap to show hes in love with someone and Sona loves him

3. This should have been a slow burn romance, its well known in ITV strategy, marriage is the HIGH point of the show; we may find it refreshing that they got married quickly but it was way too soon

4. because of the lack of romance between leads, the push and pull, the dating, the struggles while dating and then they get married and don't even go on a bloody honeymoon, no they straight away start with adoption, death, murder mystery; even Ekta tv serials show romance post wedding of some calibre

In the end the tactics that make a TV show successful, he did not utilize correctly and the promise he made that this would be a fresh show also he didn't implement correctly. This should have been a romcom show a was promised. Now its some supervirus crap which frankly is so cringe, sorry the world is grappling with a pandemic and people are dying, this is not the time to show us some lame virus track and that Sona is so special that her blood can cure humanity, give me a break while my eyes roll into skull.

@bold

With Karan and karpika's chemistry is where he got lucky. Karan elevated some scenes both comedy and intense to another level. Dipika was so good in emotional scene. The casting director did a great job in casting them.

But executing their potential where they failed. Think shows pace also did the damage where the audiance were not given a time to connect with both their happiness/sadness.

Infact Rohit angst for Raima had more intensity and it was also explored in layers. I was disappointed for how they ruined Raima along with Rohits intense feeling he had for her be it guilt/love. They were always in hurry. Wish they slowed a bit in their story telling 

Ronakshi journey needed little more intensity. We got little bit of angst/guilt from Rohits side but not from sonas.

Sandeep didn't do justice to his vision. He gave up too fast. I do beleive he wanted to bring in a new concept but didn't have the patience or the stamina withstand pressure. 

Arko1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I think the iconic scenes in KHKT were actually not natural to Sandip's Sickand brand which tries to be 'real' but actually is just a middle class version to Ekta's affluent trash that she calls TV.

He got lucky because Karan Grover enacted those comedy scenes sooo beautifully and hes so excellent. In reality though, they never really served what was promised.

1. The show was intended to be about the love story blossoming between a TV lead star and a SURGEON, instead they never even showed the struggle of them dating properly no they straight jumped to marriage 

2. They started this bullshit Raima crap to show hes in love with someone and Sona loves him

3. This should have been a slow burn romance, its well known in ITV strategy, marriage is the HIGH point of the show; we may find it refreshing that they got married quickly but it was way too soon

4. because of the lack of romance between leads, the push and pull, the dating, the struggles while dating and then they get married and don't even go on a bloody honeymoon, no they straight away start with adoption, death, murder mystery; even Ekta tv serials show romance post wedding of some calibre

In the end the tactics that make a TV show successful, he did not utilize correctly and the promise he made that this would be a fresh show also he didn't implement correctly. This should have been a romcom show a was promised. Now its some supervirus crap which frankly is so cringe, sorry the world is grappling with a pandemic and people are dying, this is not the time to show us some lame virus track and that Sona is so special that her blood can cure humanity, give me a break while my eyes roll into skull.

@BOLD Agree ! When the first promo came out i thought Rohit and Sona both belongs to rich nuclear families. They met in believable circumstances and now they will start dating and will start facing complications in their relationship because of their different careers. But reality is what i didnt expected at all. They straight jumped into fights and Raima track was just πŸ˜’

RonakshiFan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

no doubt Karan's acting took this show to some other level but it would be really unfair if Sandip is not given credit for anything.Like Karan said in his IV that how he used to have long discussions with sandip regarding show regularly....so yeah even he might be involved in giving inputs which really helped the show.But main person who thought of a character like rohit or sonakshi or how they were supposed to be exactly was obviously sandiip.He deserves credit for that as well as for many beautiful scenes in d show.But he messed up badly while trying to balance drama with realism cz then nothing fell into place.He did make many mistakes as pointed by you and I hope he learns from them

if_mm thumbnail

Today's episode was a new low ... It would have been even worse if they had included "Ek chutki sindhoor and mangalsutra ki shakti... " dialogue. 

As the show comes to an end, I'm sorry - I don't have any expectation from Sandip even in his future projects unless probably he starts his own channel. But again, he might dish out something like this again and say his hands are tied since audience didn't support the content when it was good.

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: if_mm

Today's episode was a new low ... It would have been even worse if they had included "Ek chutki sindhoor and mangalsutra ki shakti... " dialogue. 

As the show comes to an end, I'm sorry - I don't have any expectation from Sandip even in his future projects unless probably he starts his own channel. But again, he might dish out something like this again and say his hands are tied since audience didn't support the content when it was good.

Its so horrible he is trolling his own show and insulting the fans . If he will pass the buck everytime ,that there were no takers for good content , which is good only in his pov ,how will he work? Like he didnt have any faith in his work right ? And in future also this will be the case.  Yrkkh was at the top without any negativity vamps or drama in naitik akshara era, how did that work well ? I guess the only kind of work he knows is ekta k and his own , both are flawed. It's not that rajan shahi is a content king . But he did manage to strike the right chord with correct casting , the grandeur , joint families , correct amount of drama, music , comedy and romance. It wont guarantee success but it does help a lot in getting a good position ..basically mr sikand lost faith in his own work which went totally against him . His own version of ott drama never worked in khkt. If they did the show wont be going off air. 

Edited by _charu_ - 4 years ago
if_mm thumbnail

Originally posted by: _charu_

Its so horrible he is trolling his own show and insulting the fans . If he will pass the buck everytime ,that there were no takers for good content , which is good only in his pov ,how will he work? Like he didnt have any faith in his work right ? And in future also this will be the case.  Yrkkh was at the top without any negativity vamps or drama in naitik akshara era, how did that work well ? I guess the only kind of work he knows is ekta k and his own , both are flawed. It's not that rajan shahi is a content king . But he did manage to strike the right chord with correct casting , the grandeur , joint families , correct amount of drama, music , comedy and romance. It wont guarantee success but it does help a lot in getting a good position ..basically mr sikand lost faith in his own work which went totally against him . His own version of ott drama never worked in khkt. If they did the show wont be going off air. 

So true ...And when the show is ending and there's nothing more to loose, he still gives us these kind of episodes. It's thoroughly insulting to the characters that were initially sketched and fans who were with him all through the journey

Sree_mk thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _charu_

Yes. Sandiip own version of OTT drama never worked for KHKT. It failed big time in TRP race. If Dipika and Karan are not leads of this show, then KHKT would didn't even got this much TRP for the story they presented after marriage track and definitely KHKT got off air long time back. Rajan shahi is talented serial maker. He adds drama to the story, but he also balance episodes with beautiful and impressive scenes between leads and side characters. I don't watch YRKKH regularly, but I am following YRHPK daily. YRHPK also has a drama, but scenes between leads are cute and innocent. 

Edited by Sree_mk - 4 years ago
Reshmi.parekh78 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: if_mm

Jaha Virus waha hum πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ πŸ€£

Apparently makers are showing their frustration on SP by trolling their own show. And why waste logic on a show that's already ending. They are all for showing very good content, but the last 120 odd episodes (out of roughly 200) were out of sheer frustration because all they wanted was just TRP audience to love his show. Also, their promos, tracks and thoughts were cancelled (by the channel), leads received pathetic clothes (from the channel !?) and there were scheduling issues too (due to channel? ). They want to prove how Indian audience like regressive shows and that TRP increases with all illogical content. Hang on if you still feel why TRP is stagnant inspite of last 120 epis of typical iTV stuff, he'll prove it by end of week. 

First I used to browse thru the track in 10 mins..nowadays I see the start and the end ...waise serial has already ended ...ab kya chal raha hain pata nahi 

Feel sorry for Saif Ali Khan πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

maaloo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Reshmi.parekh78

Yes absolutely agree...in the era of short movies...even some spanning 8 episodes and some evn 8 minutes feel someone good can extract good ...in whatever time he she get’s ....can’t discuss previous tracks as discussed a lot already 

But look at current track...don’t feel like watching itself...super virus track is going on for last many episodes...Name should be Jaha Virus waha hum πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

And what a pathetic track ....it went on badly and even will end in same way probably...he could have made it different for a month...anyways now there is nothing to lose...no trps required...no extension expected...then why did he not show his creative side now ....

This!! Absolutely this.. Channel meddling and all that yoyo aside, why did he atleast not prove his point by showing a little bit of logic in the story, the scheduling etc, in the final days of the show? 

maaloo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

There are so many things that went kaput for the show in the recent times. Again am not discounting channel meddling; I have heard of it happening in many other shows too because as far as the channel is concerned, what matters most is the numbers - however skewed they are. So leaving all that aside:

things that worked for KHKT, was the rom-com, lighthearted original story line. And they stuck to that premise for the longest time.. upto about 80 or so episodes. Yes, I didn't mind the fact that the ML had a prior love and was still in love with the idea of being in love with his ex. Its something which I could relate to. Many have more than one love in their lives, before they meet their ever-after partner. Rohit's attraction to Sona, but holding himself back 'cos he thought he owed it to Raima was very much relatable. He felt guilty for Raima being in coma which added to his confusion and refusal to let go of his past. So that part of the angst and confusion and his gradual realization that Sona was his present and future was something that I had no issues with. And the casting - that was excellent. Not just the leads but also all the supporting characters - even down to the driver Ravi - that was too good.( except may be the lady who played Raima's mom and to a certain extent the actress who played Raima)

The story started slipping when they decided to bring back Raima from coma and try to vie for ROhit's attention. They tried to show her initially as a petulant child and then as a girl who was willing to do anything to get Rohit back in her life. That sucked. Big time!!!

Mahesh's track would have been good had they not mixed it with the wedding track. But during that time, the number of BTS videos and SBS videos of the track probably had something to do with ruining the numbers. 

After the wedding, they could have shown Sona settle in to her new family (at-least a couple of episodes) instead of trying to be the super-bahu and spouting the million crores love with her MIL. That's where they lost it I think. And since then its been a slow slide down the hill. 

They had to turn so many characters negative to justify a super-efficient detective cum general problem solver FL. And with the characters turning negative, so did the story. It lost its pulse and became the regular trolled ITV show with the characters and story becoming far-fetched. 

And with the news of the show going off -air and hurriedly shooting up for the remaining episodes with the need economize - Sikcand did exactly opposite of what he set to do. 

He introduced a track which is relevant today but somehow its not something that one can connect with . There was no realization of where they went wrong previously for the FL/ML/Mother in law. The loving mature Nani went to being another prop. Vamp Nishi became a permanent fixture in all the episodes - down to the last one. And in all this, they made a caricature of Sona as a Keralite nurse! First off the name - they could have stuck to a simple Parvati Nair or something like that instead of the Sarvepalli-whatever-whatever- Parvati. Malayalis don't have names like that - I should know, as I am a Mallu.  

Leave alone the accent, the fact that just because she wears glasses, and speaks differently, nobody can recognize her is so ridiculous and mind-boggling to accept, If the makers wanted to bring in the comedy element to this track by doing so, I am afraid they failed - atleast in my books. 

In his interview, Sikcand mentioned that he is happy that he is going with his head held high as the show has the decent numbers and the love from the fans. Well, he could have, had he ended the show by giving it a decent end, instead of a rushed, nonsensical ending. He could have ended it as a romcom that he set out to make by focussing on the leads and them getting back together. Instead he chose to make it the story of the side characters. In the last episode when they showed Rohan feeding Pari who was looking smug and with Tanya looking hurt, it felt so irrelevant. 

KHKT got to where it did because of its excellent actors. I don't think even they can salvage it now - when the makers don't want it, when the channel doesn't want it, and with neither of them caring for what the audience wants - ITV is gonna remain the same for a long time.. 

Sorry for my long rant.. I had to get it out. 

Peace out.