Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divine_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Sree_mk

Sandiip also knows that if time slot change for KHKT, the TRP's will go down further. He will not get that much amount of money from advertisements what he is getting now in prime time slot.I think that's why he decided to be silent in this matter after a certain point. Spoiler didi once said that channel is discussing about time slot change for KHKT with Sandiip. If he accepted for that, KHKT will not go off air now.

If I remember  clearly ....I read that she said ....SP might be thinking about slot change ....she didn't mention that with Sandip ,they discussed.Bcoz some one asked her. .will Sandip agree to slot change and she replied 'why not'.Sandip is a producer and if his show gets a new slot and runs for few more months ....then he would be benefited....he would earn more money (may be not the amount he got for prime time slot)....rather than if it is closed down.So,I don't find any reason why he will choose to shut down his show by not agreeing to slot change....if at all SP has given him that offer.I don't think SP has given him that offer...if that would have been the case then on twitter fans wouldn't have requested for slot change along with extension. 

divine_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mthiru

We have to blame only the channel. Once the makers got the numbers with Marraige track the channel should have allowed the makers to tone down the ott drama. 

Loved the first week and a half of light hearted episodes after Marraige❤️

Why the hell they forced makers bring all the main drama tracks like pooji and ropata tracks one after another??

This thing irked me most...they didn't let the couple to breathe.One drama didn't end properly ,they just injected another drama immmediately and worst was dragging Sona into every case.

Star plus never ever was fair to KhKt and never gave a single positive happy promo🤢as for not promoting the other show wedding, they have perineal wedding tracks so missing one does not hurt them..

They also never promoted/hyped Ronakshi except for that dance i have never seen them got promoted by channel.

As for budget issue yes there could have been but why not then move the show to a less competitive slot before shutting the entire unit😡they didn't give them time to close the tracks.. Could've given the unit at least 3 months time to wind up.. Who gives less than 15 days.

That's the most disappointing thing.Why not try everything out before closing it.It's not that KHKT was garnering 1.4-1.5 trp.The IPL season is round the corner...they could have let the show  stay till IPL ended ...but they were  in a hurry to shut it....GOD knows why??

They could have moved this site to 10:30 or even 8pm/7:30 slots before closing this show and child have experimented but no. they never wanted this show to succeed and that the truth..

As for KCL they had a track where the leads were shooting in London if I am not mistaken which costs a lot too..

Yup...they did.I watched that show.They killed the main hero and the actor didn't know his track is going to end.He just came to know before one day.The trp of that show...was about 1.6 at that time.

Hate Star Plus and to a large extent blame Indian audiences taste which continues to buy super regressive stuffs even now. The number one show both online and offline only goes to confirm this..

KHKT mistake was it promoted itself to be unique in terms of content which I never found it to be true. KhKt unique in terms of story execution which was supported excellently by the leads superb performences.. Putting yourself in a glass castle and throwing stones at others around you is always bound to bring consequences like the..

When Sandip came up with this show...and I saw him mocking ITV shows....I felt that he was playing with fire.Bcoz...these things might not go down well with many in the industry.I also feel it wasn't anymore unique but still it is far better than many shows on air.The USP of the show is Karan and Dipika....their effortless acting. ...executing every scene with finesse .. a power house of talent....

which made me go thru some heavy dose drama. 

Feel mostly for the leads and us the fans. Hope we get to see both Karan and dipika on new series soon.. They are the unique aspect who had a organic, chemistry which never needed any cliched buildups..

PS. Can Karpika be nominated for any awards this year? Would love to see them win few awards which they completely deserve..

Also it's wierd to recall a statement by Karan in the pinkvilla iv where he said abut tro numbers how he didn't understand it at all and the numbers will remain same this week also😕

That's the thing which surprised me most...how was he sure of a 1.8 trp???

Comments  in bold.

Edited by divine_16 - 4 years ago
if_mm thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think KHKT TRP is stable between 1.8-1.9 for most of the times after marriage track. In all prime time slot shows now in Star plus, KHKT got low TRP. I think Star plus expected more TRP from KHKT because it is prime time show. But KHKT not increased it's TRP after marriage track also. I think if KHKT maintained it's TRP above 2.0 , that would be good. I remember one and half month back, Sandiip tweeted that " we have stable TRP of 1.8 for KHKT, we have to try to increase this in coming weeks" in his official twitter account. He indirectly said that KHKT will be safe only if we increase TRP. But even after all these days, it is still at 1.8 TRP. Now, it is clear that Star plus expected more TRP from 9pm slot because it is prime time slot, KHKT failed to give that TRP to channel. Production values also highly disappointing from past few episodes. May be sponsorship problem is also there for KHKT. So, guys, we have to accept all these and try to move on. 

I guess they were expecting much more TRP owing to Dipika and KVG's fan following ... There seems to  be some reason why 1.8 doesn't make sense for this channel / slot / show  ... 

Not just recently, as you had mentioned in another post, a lot of places cost was cut. Even what they showed as the top heroine of TV industry's wedding that was covered widely by media, the shooting was done in Sippy mansion and it looked very average... both the lead's original wardrobe would have looked much better ...  I feel even the writer's cost was cut down ... the show suffered in quality after the initial person / set of ppl changed. 

Revenue must have been really low when compared to expense for this show to shut down and for the producer to drop it instead of negotiating it to another slot.

Edited by if_mm - 4 years ago
Sree_mk thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: if_mm

I guess they were expecting much more TRP owing to Dipika and KVG's fan following ... There seems to  be some reason why 1.8 doesn't make sense for this channel / slot / show  ... 

Not just recently, as you had mentioned in another post, a lot of places cost was cut. Even what they showed as the top heroine of TV industry's wedding that was covered widely by media, the shooting was done in Sippy mansion and it looked very average... both the lead's original wardrobe would have looked much better ...  I feel even the writer's cost was cut down ... the show suffered in quality after the initial person / set of ppl changed. 

Revenue must have been really low when compared to expense for this show to shut down and for the producer to drop it instead of negotiating it to another slot.

👍🏼 👍🏼 👍🏼

Shanayass thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I remember always KHKT is only one week ahead of telecast in shooting. Whatever they shooted in last week will telecast this week. Then how did they shoot 30 episodes ahead of telecast, how could channel scrapped those 30 episodes and Sandiip got 2 crores loss? 

30 epi were not shot! Some 12-13 episodes were shot which had a story and laid a base for next 30 episodes ans it was scrapped by the channel! That is y beech main the team didn't had a bank and started tge use of bds too frequently!!

Sree_mk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shanayass

30 epi were not shot! Some 12-13 episodes were shot which had a story and laid a base for next 30 episodes ans it was scrapped by the channel! That is y beech main the team didn't had a bank and started tge use of bds too frequently!!

Shanaya, after which track they shooted twelve episodes and that's not telecasted?

if_mm thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I remember always KHKT is only one week ahead of telecast in shooting. Whatever they shooted in last week will telecast this week. Then how did they shoot 30 episodes ahead of telecast, how could channel scrapped those 30 episodes and Sandiip got 2 crores loss? 

In between almost every small bit of shooting used to come as segments - that really killed the suspense during the tracks when ppl were still glued to the show ... Probably it was a promotion strategy that didn't help...

Sree_mk thumbnail

Originally posted by: if_mm

In between almost every small bit of shooting used to come as segments - that really killed the suspense during the tracks when ppl were still glued to the show ... Probably it was a promotion strategy that didn't help...

In first 50 episodes, we have less segments for KHKT. For ice truck episode segment, fans went goga over those videos and  Ronakshi /Karpika chemistry.After that, KHKT team started to release more segments in media. In that time, other Star plus serial segments came once or twice in a week. But, Segments of KHKT were came daily in media. They thought this will work and give those TRP to them. But I think that strategy didn't worked for KHKT. 

xNandix thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

On a prime time slot, channels expect atleast 2+. Yes there are some shows which get lower TRP but they don’t get cancelled quickly because the budget for those shows is cheaper. The lead actors are relatively new.

Also all channels interfere (yes that includes Sony but its not as obvious) so regardless of which channel KHKT was on, it would have suffered in some way if the ratings weren’t satisfactory. 

And it’s a fact that popular pairings don’t get repeated in ITV because the shows are not finite unlike Pak and K dramas. 

VARUNI2014 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

no way shooting 12 to 13 episodes will cosst 2 crs 

at teh max it will cost 1 cr  .they use teh same sets any way 

only remunerations make the difference and khkt was always only 7-8 episodes ahead not even 14 episodes so hardly 50 lakhs loss 

sikanad from the start costume designers not good after maarriage they were worse