Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: taniya.91

* Awards lost its credibility long time ago since the mid 90's when a very clever srk started lobbying for it using various ways, followed by Aamir's bycott due to srk's malicious unethical ways of unfairly getting it, and Sunny deol, ajay devgun and Nana patekar followed Aamir's decision as well, watching srk's manipulation which was at its peak throughout 90's and early 2000's 

Maybe if something was done then yeh din would not happen ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by: cougarTown

lets get one thing clear

best actor awards are and should solely be given on acting and if anything the box office of the movie...how flawed the character or the movie was should have nothing to do with awarding someone..

that is literally robbing an actor who acted his ass off..did he not deliver as an actor? hell yeah he did..and that for me was one of the best performances of the year..shahid literally lived the role..he was robbed badly and i fail to understand why..these are not moral awards..these are acting awards..we can all criticize a movie or a role as much as we want..but lets not rob someone for an award based on acting where he acted brilliantly..makes no sense whatsoever

Have you watched Gully Boy? 

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Maybe if something was done then yeh din would not happen ðŸ˜†

Lol...but on a serious note, very true

Srk was extremely clever, knew well jury ko kaisay khush karna hai....its all on the record if one goes thru old magazines & tabloids...kuxh khul Kay, kuch dabay alfaaz may, but all have been exposed back then

Aamir and others were working inside the industry, so they knew well how things worked and suddenly the criteria changed, hence the deserving boycott.

FF was really genuine and on merit... If one see pre mid 90's awards (I have seen) they were very genuine, actors didnt knew till last minute who was going to win....that current & genuineness is totally missing post mid 90s.

Now its more of an annual get together of film industry.

-----------------------------

Edited by taniya.91 - 4 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Lol...but on a serious note, very true

Srk was extremely clever, knew well jury ko kaisay khush karna hai....its all on the record if one goes thru old magazines & tabloids...kuxh khul Kay, kuch dabay alfaaz may, but all.have been there

FF was really genuine and on merit... If one see pre mid 90's awards (I have seen) they were very genuine, actors didnt knew till last minute who was going to win....that current & genuineness is totally missing post mid 90s.

Now its more of an annual get together on industry.

Who really knows. Anil Kapoor once got best actor and the person presenting the award didnt even read the card to see if it was his name ðŸ¤£

They all shady for sure 

LegolasGondolin thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Shahid was over praised

I still have to see a LAYERED performance

coz

KS was just ONE NOTE & UNIDIMENSIONAL character.

shahid was not robbed of anything whatsoever at all

Honestly neither his character nor the way he acted was that great as its making out to be on this forum

Alia over priyanka, vidya, kangana should have been dissected and discussed, and those rants could be very well understandable, not this

Ranveer was anyday acted better than Shahid with such nuanced,subtle, multidimensional performance of a layered character he played.

Shahid's was just a toxic weird mysogonist with one note throughout the movie

So plz stop this abla-shahid tamahsa on the forum.

@bold agree he was overrated in that role.. one dimensional he was just loud and angry all the time

Ranveer totally deserved the award for GB, subtle acting and the way he emoted wth his eyes that vulnerability that was showed on screen especially that scene with his dad.

Originally posted by: LegolasGondolin

@bold agree he was overrated in that role.. one dimensional he was just loud and angry all the time

Ranveer totally deserved the award for GB, subtle acting and the way he emoted wth his eyes that vulnerability that was showed on screen especially that scene with his dad.

Shahid kay toh eyes & face expressions hee nazar nahi aaye , due to all those overgrown massive facial hair ðŸ˜†

Sadhanai thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

* Kangana did not attended, yet got best actress award for Queen which she celebrated and threw a party for

* Aamir and few others in recent past also did not attended the function yet got best actor awards

* Attending awards is not the criteria, its just an unspoken malicious rule made by the mafia, which exists most part of it (except kangana amir's etc examples I stated above

* I was not talking about the award system, but was just pointing that Alia's unfair award should have been much more discussed here on the forum, and not Ranveer's as he totally deserved it

* Awards lost its credibility long time ago since the mid 90's when a very clever srk started lobbying for it using various ways, followed by Aamir's bycott due to srk's malicious unethical ways of unfairly getting it, and Sunny deol, ajay devgun and Nana patekar followed Aamir's decision as well, watching srk's manipulation which was at its peak throughout 90's and early 2000's 

Yeah you're right. I was confusing Filmfare with the other award shows..

LegolasGondolin thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

Whiny thread for Kabir Singh 3.0 ðŸ˜†Keep them comin'! I love seeing the burn! Anyway, literally everyone deserves it except him. Ranveer,Ayushman,Hrithik. These three were fantastic! Award all of them! They ALL deserve it except any man who played a romanticized glorified abuser. Poor Shahid though ðŸ¥º Sab sapne toot gaye. Socha tha ke he will get away with being a misogynist dumbass in public on top of playing KS and they will shower him with awards. So sad.  Tch tch. ðŸ˜†

Everyday there is a new thread saying SK deserved award! the burn is real..

also the irony being the ones praising loud acting and dissing subtle acting were doing the opposite last year when it was KHILJI winning awards :-P 

WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Shahid might have been amazing but thank goodness a trash like KS didn’t win. 
Better luck to him next time!

And people comparing Joker with KS😆

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Shahid was over praised

I still have to see a LAYERED performance

And Alia’s performance had layers ? Hahaha what’s your criteria for her ?