Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dahibhalle thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

So Sana will not stfu about Sidharth.

Ah well! Will always have a soft corner for her but will go back to following her when she does something worth my while.

Need a palate cleanser and if anyone is in the same position may I recommend Korean movies especially Parasite the recent Oscar winner.

Brilliant twisted movie like most good Korean movies.

dahibhalle thumbnail

Watching a clip on twitter and Sana makes me laugh😆

I love you woman just limit talking about that one person to maybe once a week.

Baki can't stay away from this forum, clearly the place to be if you want to restore your faith in humanity 😉and lose some brain cells in the process😆

dahibhalle thumbnail

Sana beeba, thanks for singing the songs which we all requested.

You are too beeba.

Don't be too much of a people pleaser though.

My fervent hope for you is like the Frank Sinatra song you can say"I did it my way" regardless of haters and sometimes disgruntled fans like me.

dahibhalle thumbnail

Have an idea about a reality show- get westerners to drive in Delhi.

Driving in Delhi is like a spiritual experience- you can't help being thankful to a greater power for arriving home with life and limb intact😆

No one gives a fcuk about rules, two wheelers drivers are like kamikaze pilots and the weirdest was so many driving their cars without their lights switched on at night.

dahibhalle thumbnail

Watching a virulent and rabid fandom implode and self cannabilize on twitter

Hopefully abhi toh inhe aur jaleel hona hai

Edited by dahibhalle - 4 years ago
dahibhalle thumbnail

India lulls you into this false security and then pulls the rug from under your feet. 

Also the only reason India works is because of the goodness of some Indians varna it would have collapsed because of the sheer callous evil of the folks who are meant to serve the people.

My mother's passport was up for renewal and I was so impressed by how efficient the whole process was till Delhi police decided to visit us for verification.Lesson learned.

dahibhalle thumbnail

Sana's fandom is such an insular one - we do not give a fcuk about the other contestants, yet ironically everyone and their mother is obsessed about the celebrity we stan😆

dahibhalle thumbnail

Almost time to head back home and a part of me regrets not making time to go to Punjab and the Golden temple.

As an army kid did not stay in Punjab for very long but can't help romanticizing the land of my father and my forefathers.

How I loved walking through our almost deserted village( everyone's in Canada) with my father.

Guzra huya zamana aata nahin dubara......

Gameitror thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
dahibhalle thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gameitror

I love Shehnaaz and have rooted her during BB. I have made some keen observations and would like to share these here, I would love people’s view on this.  

When you watch Shehnaaz on screen , you relate to her, you laugh along her and you feel what she feels. She kind of has Shane Dawson-sy sort of connect ( American youtuber- I am hope I am not being overboard here ) and I want her to succeed, really see her flourish but what makes Shehnaaz different from others is that she chose love ,she chose to be a giver and most importantly, after all that she has been through, she chose to retain her true self and when she had all the reasons in the world to not do so.

I really hope she continues to do so in future. She could have been bitter, venomous, vengeful and hateful but she chose love. Many people refuse to see her for the way she is simply because they are unable to shed off their lens of privilege & superiority.

I also think Shehnaaz needs to work on herself at bit and can consider external help, I hope she does get it for herself , she has problematic coping mechanism, infact most people struggle with this. 

In attempt to understand her, I feel lot of her responses seem to be correspond to that 4-5 year old child or a tendency towards regressive childhood behaviour ( psychoanalytical school of thought )- the need to be centre of attraction, narrate one’s stories sometimes disregarding the state the other person is ( due to lack of understanding) ( many instances throughout the season ), the strong need to talk about self and the need for appreciation. ( I have seen kids this age flat out ask clap for me, look at me only, don’t talk among yourself)- these responses are present as it is.  

As Shehnaaz herself has discussed about her childhood in BB at length, it is clear she didn’t receive appropriate childhood care. There seems to be a pattern of regressive childhood behaviour  apart from her basic personality which is extroverted.  However, it’s worth noting that she understands social dynamics well, she can easily distinguish between people who are there for her for transactions or otherwise ( as she got the tag in BB that she is naive or any be easily manipulated) . I don’t think she’s naive or dull.  The problem is not lack of understanding of  people  and their  mal-intentions, the problem is she not weighing her emotions and thoughts worthy enough to be away from such people thus, fixation response of venting out or blurting out something as it is takes over.  

Being multilingual is a massive challenge for her but it’s runs deeper than that, she’s isn’t as articulate or eloquent in general, and her words are used against her all the time. 

There were ample example of her disregarding her herself in BB, but three examples that particularly stick out are during comedy task, after that conversation with Rashmi in washroom, where Rashmi told her to pursue her love outside, when she was sitting with Sidharth outside, she said “ main Khud hi over kar rahi hoon”  and during the massive fight week, when she was sitting with Rashmi (again) in washroom,  she said “insult feel ho rahi hai, pati nahi Kyun but ho rahi hai” , she almost choked, and when she had that conversation with Rashmi (AGAIN) where Rashmi said “ tujhe Sab reject kar dete hai, tere liye toh koi stand nahi leta” and she said “ inse mujhe konsa pyaar hai” something “teesra bhi bana leti” , that was such a cover-up. Someone else rubbing your fears right in your face is bound to hurt.

This venting is further reinforced (both positively & negatively) by SM before BB and now after.  She says what she feels without any alteration and it’s endearing and refreshing but gets problematic when the effects of this spill over to the professional life. This is what happened with Himanshi controversy, (who btw, was a much established and experienced star).The situation was manipulated by some people  and  we know who and she ended up receiving lot of online hate and bullying. However, it’s the snub she received from the industry that took toll, ending up with little work and lots of bullies , this might have been the time where she went through depressive symptoms ( as she herself has stated), if not clinical depression. Shehnaaz also had a mini- fallout with a industry colleague and that person called her “jealous” in media. In both the controversies, this specific word was used and hence, the breakdown ( on BB, during that jealous task on BB) , the immediate need to withdraw from the situation was the defence mechanism ( this was seen when Himanshi entered ). People might think it was scripted, it was drama but it was a very real response. 

If the creatives knew this and still went ahead with the task then it was very  wrong for them to do so. People have called her dumb in weekend episodes but I see it more in anxiety taking over, more than just nervousness. Her constant laughing during serious conversations has a persistent pattern, it’s does seem like a response to anxiety at times. 

Shehnaaz’s strength is her resilience, her ability to bounce back in the face of so many adverse circumstances, sadly, for her it started right from childhood. She might be rough around the edges, too raw but she’s extremely trainable and if will receive proper mentorship, she’s bound to succeed.  The perseverance this girl has is beyond commendable. 

She has been  heavily criticised for dragging her family but she understands that most relationships are transactional in nature, but if familial is one then, that is ought to hurt anyone. I don’t think she is consciously bringing them down but rather just saying what she really feels. Being deprived of care and unconditional love early on and then be only appreciated after certain level of achievement is something that will run deep. She clearly loves her family.

I feel she doesn’t learn through preachings and passed on knowledge, she learns through personal experiences. Fans could keep preaching what to do, what not to, give her advices that she should be media-trained, work on her grasp of language, articulation, diction & develop other skills, but she’s bound to do what she wants, that’s her intrinsic nature, that is what makes her HER. She’s untameable, and unapologetically herself and that is what made us love her so much because it is truly a act of insane courage.

Note : This is in no way an attempt to hand out a diagnosis or unsolicited advice but rather just drawing an analogy to better understand Shehnaaz and her actions through the show ( BB ) and now. The term “regressive childhood behaviour” is not indicative of any classified mental or any other illness, infact these patterns are present in many, if not most individuals.

Very well written and I agree with most that you have written.

I admire her for being her own person but I also wince at some of things she does.

It's irritating to see how self obsessed she can be but at the same time endearing also to see how self aware she is.

As Sid once said - "yeh dil main aati hai samajh main nahiin ", yet you have done a pretty good job of explaining her.

Talking about things that make me wince😆, what do you think about the whole Sidnaaz thing ?