Love Aaj Kal reviews+box office - Page 9

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 years ago

But no one's talking about her career here. My post was in response to your question of why the backlash she is getting for LAK in the reviews.

Elvis12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

MAHA BAKWAAS MOVIE ....0/5

I want to throw a box of popcorn to the screen and it's just interval! WDF is happening?? Matlab kuch bhi ho raha hai. Behen Sara, kar kya rahi ho? Bhai Kartik, wdf are you doing??!!

Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: nonam

and one movie with bad reviews doesn't make a career

after original lak, it took Deepika a long while to get a hit.

we are forgetting the hate Deepika got for her dialogue delivery which all changed with cocktail.  not that I am comparing Sarah with Deepika but one movie doesn't make a career. 

Why are you being so defensive? Is she personally related or are you a big fan who is blind to her faults? Just asking. 

She is an actor, so if she doesn't deliver a good performance then she should be called out. Her education, personality, stage skills all are secondary. She can survive without all those even, if she is a solid performer in her films. Yes she was good in kedarnath, but that's just one film. Yes she is bad in this one, but that is also just one film. I am discounting simmba because she didn't amount to anything substantial in that film. So her scorecard is 1-1 at the moment. She has and would have other opportunities in which she can prove herself if she is serious about being a good actor. 

Plus I think people are not showing any mercy because she tried to shift the blame on director and dop in her IVs instead of being humble and admitting she needs to improve. Let's say it was not her fault that the tang karne lage ho line came out bad. Then still she is at fault for her poor choice of film and director. Because reading all the reviews she clearly didn't realize the script is bad.

Krantikari thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Gameon_Reborn

Aditya Chopra tried in that Befikre. Was pathetic 

Befikre wasn’t that bad. Not as bad as LAK2 at least.😆

Unpopular opinion: Kartik-Sara pairing didn’t click, I feel like many critics are circumventing this point. 

Imtiaz Ali films need an eclectic couple to work IMO - another reason JHMS didn’t work too. 

pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Aruni.

Why are you being so defensive? Is she personally related or are you a big fan who is blind to her faults? Just asking. 

She is an actor, so if she doesn't deliver a good performance then she should be called out. Her education, personality, stage skills all are secondary. She can survive without all those even, if she is a solid performer in her films. Yes she was good in kedarnath, but that's just one film. Yes she is bad in this one, but that is also just one film. I am discounting simmba because she didn't amount to anything substantial in that film. So her scorecard is 1-1 at the moment. She has and would have other opportunities in which she can prove herself if she is serious about being a good actor. 

Plus I think people are not showing any mercy because she tried to shift the blame on director and dop in her IVs instead of being humble and admitting she needs to improve. Let's say it was not her fault that the tang karne lage ho line came out bad. Then still she is at fault for her poor choice of film and director. Because reading all the reviews she clearly didn't realize the script is bad.

I don't have anything against Sara but her fans are too much and overhype her as if she is the best thing to ever happen 😳

josh135 thumbnail

Why the hell did i even watch this movie. The movie is maha maha bakwas. Very boring and kartik sara are pathetic and imtiaz needs to change career.. he can’t make good films anymore.. he's too fixed in his head and cant execute.. also story is stupid.. i watched parasite the other day and afternoon watching this i think the Indian population should not watch such Bollywood movies anymore.. you are only encouraging such directors to make shit

I think the only logical excuse behind the making of this film is that Imtiaz wanted to remake his own film and give the original climax that he wanted for the Saif-DP wala LAK here. Otherwise nothing else makes sense in this film and the whole point of even investing in such a story. Not like old LAK was something great but it atleast did justice to the two periods and the title. Here everything looks the same in both 1990 and 2020 except that in present period, you have phones. The film begins on a really creepy manner where the present day Kartik is introduced as a psycho stalker cum serial killer stalking the girl's photo on FB, cropping and saving her office building,etc. And if he isn't enough, we now get introduced to the typical Imtiaz Ali man child but now in  female avatar in Ms. Zoe Hammy Chauhan. They even make Leena a sidey character with no depth nor character. Rest toh critics have already said how TERRIBLE the whole film is so not repeating that.

However, when a film is weak, if it has some good actors you can atleast sit through the film but unfortunately here the casting is a DISASTER! What on earth was Kartik Aryan doing with his portrayal of Veer like he has some mental illness/disability? In the past, he was doing Ranveer style chichora acting and in present, he was aping Ranbir in his man-child elements. Randeep Hooda was pretty meh and so was Arushi. I was looking forward to Arushi's work but nothing that great to write home about. And Sara...I really hope she is allowed to see the monitor from the next time so that she knows what the hell is she doing onscreen and that this is not theatre and you need to be subtle otherwise on the big screen it looks hammy and extra!! One of the worst performances of the decade easily. So artificial and so over the top. If I actually start writing about it I won't be able to stop. It's that bad! And that drunk acting!! 🤮 

There's a scene post interval between Kartik and Sara where the latter is drunk and they have a conversation. I don't remember the last time a set of actors looked that wannabeish. It looked like sasta version of Agar Tum Saath Ho. And there's a shot of Sara, highly intoxicated in a nightclub, rubbing alcohol off her lips and that shot of hers is going to haunt me for life!! Looked straight out of a horror film!

The only two things I liked and stayed back was the Parmeswar song and the part where Raghu comes to Bombay to meet Leena. I think that's the only part where Kartik genuinely acted REALLY well with just his eyes without a single dialogue. Wish we had seen that Kartik in the whole film! Also gonna never forgive Imtiaz and Pritam for ruining Dooriyan! The reprise is really bad! Original hi rakh dete! 😡

What. A. Mess!

The film honestly reminded me of that ridiculous Shahid-Priyanka wala reincarnation film by Kunal Kohli.

TVF does better 1990's in their sketches and Imtiaz could've even do that properly!

Edited by Khai_R_Haagi - 4 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

LOL WHO is surprised that Imtiaz made an awful film? The guy hasn't made anything worth watching in like 15 years. Not sure how people invest in him or sign up for his films anyways.  The first LAK was terrible with only good songs. The movie worked purely because it was the first release after months of protest/shutdown. Why would anyone remake a bad film in the first place 😆