Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: gilmores

LOL WHO is surprised that Imtiaz made an awful film? The guy hasn't made anything worth watching in like 15 years. Not sure how people invest in him or sign up for his films anyways.  The first LAK was terrible with only good songs. The movie worked purely because it was the first release after months of protest/shutdown. Why would anyone remake a bad film in the first place 😆

I am more surprised that all these people have actually taken their time out, bought a ticket and watched it in the theaters....I guess Imtiaz  will always have takers!

shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Jesus Christ! 💣💣💣💣 Completely crashed from Saturday itself. Forget Monday. BOI calling it a bigger flop than Panga and Chapaak. 

https://twitter.com/himeshmankad/status/1228744397413584898?s=21

Game Over For Love Aaj Kal On Day Two

Sunday 16 February 2020 01.00 IST 

Box Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

Love Aaj Kal suffered a huge drop in collections on Saturday as it collected around 7 crore nett which means it game over for the film as the Saturday collections are too low. The drop is around 40% which is huge but could be Valentines Day added more than it was estimated as the hold over over films have not grown muc.

The fair value of day one may have been around 7.50 crore nett but that still does not change the fact that the film has not gone up from this number. The two day numbers are 18.50 crore nett and Sunday is not likely to grow much as the hindi circuit got those fair numbers on day one but they have no chance of recovering now.

The drop will send shock waves around the industry but this scenario is always possible when a film with a limited audience gets a opening day number but is not even liked by that limited audience.Where will the footfalls come from when they are pretty minimal to begin with. the film has gone one better than the likes of Panga and Chhapaak to emerge an even bigger FLOP than those films

Edited by shogun - 4 years ago

The only good film imtiaz ever made was Socha na tha, that movie was something else, Abhay-Ayesha were newbies and yet they looked so believable onscreen. Jab we met was all about Kareena and the songs, the store wasn't as good as Socha na tha. 

After these two films imtiaz has never made a hit film, forget making a good film ( highway is an exception) so why is he always considered to be an A list director?

I just hope Sara doesn't destroy Aatrangi film opposite Dhanush, because I have really very high hopes from that movie and I am not sure how will Sara's hamming look onscreen opposite someone as charismatic as Dhanush onscreen. It's scary 😨

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: TeAmo_Messi

The only good film imtiaz ever made was Socha na tha, that movie was something else, Abhay-Ayesha were newbies and yet they looked so believable onscreen. Jab we met was all about Kareena and the songs, the store wasn't as good as Socha na tha. 

After these two films imtiaz has never made a hit film, forget making a good film ( highway is an exception) so why is he always considered to be an A list director?

I just hope Sara doesn't destroy Aatrangi film opposite Dhanush, because I have really very high hopes from that movie and I am not sure how will Sara's hamming look onscreen opposite someone as charismatic as Dhanush onscreen. It's scary 😨

I was thinking the same...how will she match upto Dhanush...Dhanush is like so brilliant...his act will make her act look worse...Sara has to put in a lot of hardwork.

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: shogun

Jesus Christ! 💣💣💣💣 Completely crashed from Saturday itself. Forget Monday. BOI calling it a bigger flop than Panga and Chapaak. 

https://twitter.com/himeshmankad/status/1228744397413584898?s=21

Game Over For Love Aaj Kal On Day Two

Sunday 16 February 2020 01.00 IST 

Twitter logo link

Love Aaj Kal suffered a huge drop in collections on Saturday as it collected around 7 crore nett which means it game over for the film as the Saturday collections are too low. The drop is around 40% which is huge but could be Valentines Day added more than it was estimated as the hold over over films have not grown muc.

The fair value of day one may have been around 7.50 crore nett but that still does not change the fact that the film has not gone up from this number. The two day numbers are 18.50 crore nett and Sunday is not likely to grow much as the hindi circuit got those fair numbers on day one but they have no chance of recovering now.

The drop will send shock waves around the industry but this scenario is always possible when a film with a limited audience gets a opening day number but is not even liked by that limited audience.Where will the footfalls come from when they are pretty minimal to begin with. the film has gone one better than the likes of Panga and Chhapaak to emerge an even bigger FLOP than those films

Bigger flop than Panga...who would have imagined this a year back....media was hailing it as the next easy 100 Cr grosser .

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Sara, Kartik and Imtiaz all needed this reality check. Its all about the script doesnt matter who the pairinf is. And Imtiaz you confused soul please quit and take Remo with u somewhr FAR away. 

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

i saw highway today and fell in love with Randeep Hooda again

I can watch this film only for him!

I did not even know he is in this movie

The biggest problem with these newbies is that they have the wrong role model. Ananya considers Alia as her role model. She acted like Alia in SOTY with that terrible accent and is trying to do the same with Kaali Peeli. And Sara has young Bebo as role model. So obviously she apes the young bebo. If anyone has seen LAK ,they will know how cringey was Sara' 'whatever' dialogue in the film, an obvious copy from Poo.😆

I also forgot to add in my previous post how beautiful Simone Singh looks but how horrible she acts.😆

Edited by Khai_R_Haagi - 4 years ago
shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Haven't seen a box office crash this quickly since Himmatwala, Humshakals debacles. Couldn't even survive the weekend before the WOM spreads fully. Damn! 😆

Love Aaj Kal Second Day Business

Sunday 16 February 2020 11.15 IST

Twitter logo link

Love Aaj Kal fell apart on Saturday which is not really a surprise as when these limited audience films get opening day number and this limited audience does not even like then there is always a chance of this happening. But you do have this specific targeted audience however limited and it should not be har to cater to this rather than the wider audience which have different likings.

The film fell 40% but in real value its a 10-15% drop which is bad enough but a lot of the Saturday audience would have seen the film on Friday. Generally Imtiaz Ali makes poor cinema as the films have no cinematic value whatsoever even the ones which work with this limited audience like Jab We Met or Love Aaj Kal (2009) so its the actors who are actual taking the risks as they believe the media or trade rather than the facts and figures and now have they have to deal with the results of this film. Here both Kartik Aryan and Sara Ali Khan were on an upward trend in their star status but this will halt that trend. The collections of Love Aaj Kal till date are as follows.

Friday - 11,75,00,000 apprx

Saturday - 7,00,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 18,75,00,000 apprx

Edited by shogun - 4 years ago