Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Whats-in-a-name

Ibtida-e-ishq hai rota hai kya,

Aage aage dekhiye, hota hai kya 

-(Meer) ;)

Jaan ki fikr mat kijiye. As the famous sher by Ghalib goes- 

Mohabbat mein nahin hai farq jeene aur marne ka,

Ussi ko dekh kar jeete hain, jiss qaatil pe dam nikle

Loved the Main shayar toh nahin reference 😆 After all, they say every heart is a poet when in love. Why should our Mr. Raizada be an exception to the rule?

Thank you for this wonderful comment <3

Mr. Raizada, especially, should not be an exception to this rule. Will he recite a Raizada original inspired by the almond shaped kohl eyes and rose-pink bow shaped lips? 😉

Kuchh tumhārī nigāh kāfir thī 

Kuchh mujhe bhī ḳharāb honā thā 

- ASRARUL HAQ MAJAZ

Thank YOU for this dreamy chapter!

cheers2all thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Whats-in-a-name

He really does, doesn't he? He has the perfect voice and personality for shayiri (plus easy on the eyes, so that's also there ;))

Thank you for sharing the clip. I haven't watched Ek Jashn, so this was new for me. Never knew he had actually recited poetry for Khushi. Haha! Who would've thought?

That clip is from IPKKND Rewind from last year. They were doing a shortcut version of IPK with only selective scenes from the original show. Arnav was narrating in between the scenes during the first few episodes, but he disappeared later on. 

Whats-in-a-name thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

I've been lurking around reading all the poetical too and fro happening here, and getting caught up in the story you're weaving. Wish I knew the language well enough to understand all its beauty. 

What a place and line to end with!! You have a whole lot of us panting, for lack of a better word. 

Thank you so much! Allow me to extend a warm welcome to you :) With song and poetry, I believe if they are beautiful enough, they cross barriers of language to find a way to the heart. Thank you for being here.

Originally posted by: cheers2all

Mr. Raizada, especially, should not be an exception to this rule. Will he recite a Raizada original inspired by the almond shaped kohl eyes and rose-pink bow shaped lips? 😉

Kuchh tumhārī nigāh kāfir thī 

Kuchh mujhe bhī ḳharāb honā thā 

- ASRARUL HAQ MAJAZ

Thank YOU for this dreamy chapter!

You know how sometimes we have a name, a word, or a phrase, right at the tip of the tongue and yet struggle with recollection? And then someone mentions it, and you go "Ah! Yes! That one!". I just had that moment here. Ever since I wrote the update I was trying to remember that one relevant sher revolving around "nigaah", that I was so sure was stowed somewhere in the memory. This was it! Ah. I feel like an itch has been scratched. Thank you :P

Majaz is love. One of his works "Kuchh tujh ko khabar hai hum kya kya aye shorish-e-dauraan bhul gaye" is an absolute favorite.

That clip is from IPKKND Rewind from last year. They were doing a shortcut version of IPK with only selective scenes from the original show. Arnav was narrating in between the scenes during the first few episodes, but he disappeared later on. 

Oh, my bad, I thought that is what was doing the rounds as "Ek Jashn". 

Arshi67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

Would you say that we get lost in the voice and its texture and not what the voice is singing/saying in this case?

I'm thankful to Naseerudin Shah and Jagjit Singh for introducing Ghalib to many of us, especially from the southern part of the des.

I think, P, with poetry, once you have read the written word, you form your own bond with it and you end up looking for that same emotion in the singer's voice. Quality of voice and texture are both important, of course, but it is the sound of the word itself which attracts I feel, regardless of whether you understand it. Ajeeb khayalath toh hai hi mere jaise aap jaante hai 😆

There are some ghazals which are owned by certain singers and  you can't imagine enjoying it sung by another, like Aaj jaane ki zid na karo by Farida Khanum.  

Rosalinesak thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Arnav came to Calcutta for his friend NK. Payal was infatuated with Arnav. La did a good thing by sending Khushi to reserve the seats. What an entrance and her beauty made Arnav to recite the last line to her. I’m falling in love with this beautiful poetry.

luvbug thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Fantastic start... looking forward to reading the next update 

sammymas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Aww....so cute Gauri. He is reciting poetry 🤗. Now I will borrow his sound for the shayiris 

Have never seen this clip...super cute. 

sammymas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Never knew this happened....had switched off watching TV since IPPKND 1 winded off . Thanks for sharing