Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Whats-in-a-name thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Savera84

Lovely chapter.

What a magical mulaakaat!  It is not even a mulaakaat, just a glance.  One under the spot light and the other under the faint glow of exit/entry light right in front of each other separated by few tables and people.  They are all hidden under the darkness anyway.  Perfect setting for a perfect first glance.  Too bad I can't find a perfect Sher to fit this perfect setting.  I will try harder.  I mean I try changing my search criteria in Google.😊

Payal, has lost her heart to our hero.  What happens when Khushi enters the scene?

A big hug to Lavanya for sending Khushi  to the hall before they found a parking spot. 

It looks like we have to wait for Band Gala scene for some more time.

Cheers.......

Thank you! So sweet of you to try and find a fitting sher for the update. The thought itself means a lot to me :) And don't worry about the bandhgala, abhi bohot mauke ayenge ;)

Originally posted by: Arshi67

Clearly the man has a lot to be snobbish about... just sayin' ;) 

Payal, I feel for you, I really do *hugs*

I loved how the chapter crescendoed to that moment when their eyes met. And then lingered tantalisingly, caressing the moment. Infusing it with every emotion Faraz’s gazal evokes. Heart stoppingly perfect WIAN.

Eagerly waiting for the next poem that will forever be drenched in ArHi <3 

Bohot shukriya, aadab! ;)  Your generous description is even more beautiful :)

Originally posted by: coderlady

The last line was read to her, for her. Their eyes meet at just the critical time too.

That's a beautiful way of putting it. Thank you!

Originally posted by: sammymas

“So apne aap ko, barbaad karke dekhte hain,” 🌹

I love to give Fawads sound for Arnav 😁

Beautiful update ❤️

Thank you! It was convenient to borrow Fawad's voice for Arnav for inspiration purposes in my head too :)

Originally posted by: cheers2all

देख के तुमको होश में आना भूल गये

याद रहे तुम और ज़माना भूल गये smiley42smiley42

These lines ☝🏼 represent the exact emotion of what I was going through when I was reading through your description of Arnav Singh Raizada, on-stage and off-stage. Uff!! Jaan leke hi maanogi lagta hain 🤕🚑 

This dude likes reading revolutionary and rebellious works, but mark my words, very soon his heart is going to revolt and rebel to write those very cheesy & romantic nonsense that he was mocking. 

Main shayar to nahin, 

Magar ae haseen

Jab se dekha maine tujhko

Mujhko shayari aa gayi

Payal knows she is fighting a losing battle. Poor girl. I wonder how she will react when she notices Arnav noticing Khushi. 

And Khushi! I think she fell in love with the voice even before she saw the owner of that deep rich baritone. Did she even stand a chance? I am getting goosebumps just imagining him reciting Shayari.

Ibtida-e-ishq hai rota hai kya,

Aage aage dekhiye, hota hai kya 

-(Meer) ;)

Jaan ki fikr mat kijiye. As the famous sher by Ghalib goes- 

Mohabbat mein nahin hai farq jeene aur marne ka,

Ussi ko dekh kar jeete hain, jiss kaafir* pe dam nikle

Loved the Main shayar toh nahin reference 😆 After all, they say every heart is a poet when in love. Why should our Mr. Raizada be an exception to the rule?

Thank you for this wonderful comment <3

Edited by Whats-in-a-name - 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Girlabouttown

Oh gosh this was just love

I have fallen in love already 

The scene that you have written I can vividly imagine happening in front of me 

You are exceptional dear 

Well done

That's so very kind of you. Thank you so much! :)

Thank you :)

Originally posted by: Uzii

Wow so Arnav is also into poetry but his interest is revolutionary n what a magical encounter for Arnav I think it’s love at first site.

Thank you so much :)

Originally posted by: cheers2all

I just saw Fawad reciting shayri video 😍😍😍

He has a lovely voice!!

Here's one from Arnav who returned after 6 years. He doesn't do justice to the Arnav you have painted. But oh well, a heart wants what it wants 🧡

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufY2yydJkNI

Cr. YT/uploader

He really does, doesn't he? He has the perfect voice and personality for shayiri (plus easy on the eyes, so that's also there ;))

Thank you for sharing the clip. I haven't watched Ek Jashn, so this was new for me. Never knew he had actually recited poetry for Khushi. Haha! Who would've thought?

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I've been lurking around reading all the poetical too and fro happening here, and getting caught up in the story you're weaving. Wish I knew the language well enough to understand all its beauty. 

What a place and line to end with!! You have a whole lot of us panting, for lack of a better word. 

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arshi67

And now there are even remixes of songs where the existence of the original in the first place was baffling enough 😆

Jagjit Singh was an extremely accomplished artist and a master of his craft, it goes without saying, and I remain a fan, but I think the depth of feeling that Ghalib's words evoke touches each of us differently. And that is difficult to capture.  I like his renditions of Ghalib's poetry... but I can't lose myself in it. 

Would you say that we get lost in the voice and its texture and not what the voice is singing/saying in this case?

I'm thankful to Naseerudin Shah and Jagjit Singh for introducing Ghalib to many of us, especially from the southern part of the des.