RoNakshi OS: Imperfectly Perfect [Sonakshi's Accident]

Mushfika_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Karma...is a b*tch…

And Rohit Sippy learned it the hard way. It would slap you hard in the face without even laying a finger on you and it will leave you burning. 

It took only 2 seconds to sweep the ground beneath his feet as he saw the car speed past Sonakshi, leaving her lifeless on the ground. Blood started spilling underneath her body as within a few minutes, the road was covered in red liquid. 

The image of Sonakshi on the road, covered in blood still hadn’t sunk in as he numbly stared at nothingness. He could feel his feet turning ice cold. His feet felt as though someone had tied them up with an iron chain. He felt his heart taking a sudden dive into the stomach and his body trembled. His mouth was left dry and his head started spinning. 

He saw the crowd getting denser as people began to stop by to look at the body lying. Rohit finally felt his feet moving . He jogged, he  sprinted, he ran and he flew. He pushed through the crowd before collapsing on ground. His trembling hands cupped her face before patting, “S-sona…?” his voice was so low that he doubted if he could hear himself. 

He called out her name once again, but this time louder, enough for her to flutter her eyes much to his relief. He pulled her body close as he gently tapped her face and checked her pulse on her wrist. 

“Sona…? “

Her pulse is slowing down

He quickly went to check her feet and when he touched them, they had turned as cold as ice. 

Her body temperature is low, might also be developing Hypothermia

F*ck! F*ck! F*ck!

He swore under his breath as glared at the cloudy sky that had mercilessly pouring rain. His eyes sent daggers and he gritted his teeth. The monsoon season is only worsening her condition.

“I’m calling the ambulance” , someone said in the crowd. 

“No don’t! Ambulance in Mumbai will only take us to the graveyard.”, he spat in disgust at the thought of the number of lives that had been murdered in the mumbai traffic. 

“RAVI! RAVI!”, Rohit’s voice thundered scaring the life out of everyone as the poor driver rushed to his boss’s side. “Hold the car door open, we are taking her to the hospital.”

In one swift motion, he scooped her up and sprinted into his car. 

Carefully placing her in the backseat of the car, Rohit took the seat next to her and asked Ravi to take the wheel as they became intolerant to the never-ending honks behind them.

“Stay with me love...just a few minutes”, the plea was whacked with so much emotion that Ravi felt his heart dropping. He had never seen his boss talk like this. Not when Pooja attempted suicide, nor when Naren had been rushed to the hospital. He sent a quick prayer to the One in control to set everything right….for his “Sir” if not for anyone else. 

Rohit took out his phone from his pocket as he quickly dialed a number

“Dr. Pinky, I want the Pre-Op ready ASAP. This is an emergency. I need a gurney ready in the lobby. And  Call Dr. Abhay to get to the Hospital right now. I will be there in 20”

“I don’t give a F*ck if he is off today. I want him at the hospital in the next 30 minutes or I won’t hesitate to bloody end his career.” 

Rohit spat fire as he screamed through his phone before throwing it away. His other hand held Sonakshi close against him. 

“Sona...how do you say ‘hmm’?”, rohit tapped her cheeks as he tried to keep her awake

“Hmm...mmm”, mumbled Sonakshi.

“That’s my girl. Now keep saying that for me” 

“Ravi, what part of ‘drive fast’ do you not understand? If I don’t get to the hospital in the next 15 minute,  I swear to god I’m gonna burn your ass on the f*cking stove”

As the car sped past the mumbai traffic, occasionally breaking the signals, Ravi could swear on his life he had never driven so recklessly in his entire 10 years of his career. He was seeing a different Boss altogether today. One moment he would be shouting and scaring the daylights off the doctors on the phone and then the very next moment, his tone would be as soft as the feather whenever he would talk to Sonakshi. Ravi would glance on the rearview mirror every now and then and he kids you not, he couldn’t differentiate who had lost blood because rohit looked just as pale as his Sonakshi Madam if not more. He could see the beads of sweat that had got mixed with the blood on his shirt. His constant leg shaking and tapping of the feet only emphasized the magnitude of the impact of the accident on him. The way he pulled himself together to shout and send out all the medical emergencies, no one would believe if they don’t see him in person, that this man has been getting constant panic attacks ever since he had gotten into the car. 

20 minutes later…

“DIDN’T I ASK TO HAVE A GURNEY READY IN THE LOBBY? WERE YOU SLEEPING WHEN I WAS SCREAMING MY VOICE OUT ON THE PHONE?”

Rohit’s voice thundered through the lobby as he ran with Sonakshi scooped in his arms. The nurses and Dr. Pinky flinched at the intensity of his voice as few other nurses came with the gurney. Dr. Pinky, Tulsi and a few others gasped in shock as they saw him placing a lifeless Sonakshi soaked in blood onto the stretcher. 

“Her pulse is dropping. She has lost too much blood. Dr. Pinky, I need her on a monitor. Need to get a B.P. Also, I want her started on a liter of L.R. Wide open”, Rohit instructed. 

“Right away sir!” 

“ Hang in there sweetheart. It’s going to be alright,I promise. I won’t let anything happen to you.”, Rohit’s voice softened as he whispered in her ears before cupping her face and dropping a kiss on her forehead

“C’mmon move it..FAST!”

~~~~~

“How’s Sona, Rohit?”, Suman rushed to Rohit as soon as he came out of the OT. He had called her up to inform her right after the operation was done. He also saw his family members gathered behind her. He realized Ravi must have informed them. 

“She is stable now mamma. “, Rohit said, still in disbelief of the reality. 

“Can I see her?”

“Yeah family is allowed. But not for too long” 

As suman entered the room, veena  followed her only to be blocked by Rohit, “Where do you think you are going?”

“I want to see her.”

Over my dead body

The audacity of this woman to come here after everything...Rohit’s jaw clenched in disgust and his eyes threw fire that could burn anyone into ashes. 

“I said Family.”, rohit spat through gritted teeth. 

“Rohit, I-”

Rohit raised his hand to cut her off. 

“I don’t want any of your mere shadow to fall upon her. And I mean it. Every damned word of it!”, His cold voice was enough to send a chill down the  spine of every Sippy.

Rohit looked at the rest of the family member as he rasped, “Stay. the F*ck. away. from. my Sona!”

~~~~~

Sonakshi’s eyes fluttered before they slowly opened. She looked around. Her hand was poked with the I.V. fluid. There was oxygen tube going into her nose. There were wire everywhere, and the monitor was beeping. It didn’t take her long to realize where she was.her head felt heavy. And her entire body was sore. She cried in pain. 

“I’m right here, love” 

She gasped as the voice drummed in her ears...over and over again. She snapped to her left to see rohit staring down at her with his OT uniform. He just took down the mask and smiled at her. 

Sonakshi fumed at the sight and she teared the tape that attached the iv fluid to her arm. She winced in pain.

“Are you bloody crazy?! What the hell do you think you are doing?!”, Rohit roared as he rushed to her side. 

Holding her wrist, he tried to put in the iv as it was only to have her fling her arms everywhere.

“Stay put Sona” 

“Or what will you do? Kick me out of the hospital? Well guess what, it won’t come as a surprise. 

Speaking from experience”, spat Sonakshi as she kept flinging her arms and legs in the air 

“I said STAY.PUT!”

Rohit grumbled like thunder making her movements tone down within seconds. His gaze challenged her next move and Sonakshi knew it would be the best to stay quiet for the both of them. Her insides fumed at the control and power he still held over her. She wanted to scream. Scream until her throat is parched and lungs start to hurt. Her rage came out in the form of tears. She began to blink to brush is away only to have fresh sets ready to be shed in the corner of her eyes. 

Rohit swore under his breath. He cursed himself for being such a short tempered man. Shouting at her was the last she needed right after coming to her sense and he should know this better than anyone else. 

He rushed to her side and pulled her to his chest and caged her in his warmth. Sonakshi pushed him hard but whatever little strength she had was negligible and did no good. After awhile of protest, she gave in. her body had no more energy to flight back. Neither did her heart. She sunk into his embrace as she clutched his shirt and began to sob. Her tears soaked his cloth. 

“Shh…”, he wrapped his hand around protectively vowing to never let her go out his sight ever again, let alone his life. He rested his chin on her head before kissing her hair. This moment, the hug, the emotions...It never felt SO right.

“You don’t love me anymore Rohit….You don’t love me..a-anymore”, her voice was whacked with emotions and his lips trembled as he felt a tear slip off the corner of his eyes.  

“Shhh...you don’t know that sweetheart. You don’t know what went through me when i saw you lying on the road like that” 

“H-how could you throw m-me out of your life like that?”, she mumbled against his chest as his grip tightened around her. 

“You’re not going anywhere. I’m not letting you go anywhere.”, rohit whispered soothingly in her ear. 

“Have y-you ever t-thought about how I am going to live after this?!”, she wept and wept, to her heart’s content, still feeling one part of her heart filled with some sense of sanity to be engulfed in the warmth of her husband. 

“Shhh...shh...I love you”, he said in his husky voice as tears escaped him eyes yet once again. He threaded his fingers through her hair, trying to calm her down. 

“You’re not going anywhere. You’re staying right here, with me. I promise let anything come between us ever again”,

Rohit looked at the wall as his jaw clenched at the thought of injustice and wrong his family has done to his wife, including him, every finger that was pointed at this innocent soul whose only mistake was that she wanted to save his family from the evil, every humiliation she had to bear and every word that stabbed her right in the heart and broken her into pieces.  His eyes clouded with an unknown determination. 

Rohit felt her breathing come to normal and her cries subsiding. He looked at her face to see her eyes closed. He noted that the painkillers he had given her through the iv is showing its effect. 

Gently placing her on the bed and tucking her under the duvet, he kissed her forehead.

He will come up with something to save his family, not because he cared but because it was his responsibility to do so. He felt no emotions towards them anymore. Not a single string attached…. Not even to his mom - the woman who didn’t think even once before falsely accusing his sona of such a heinous crime and snatching his soul away from his existence. 

Right now, his wife needed him the most and nothing was more important for him than her...he needed to sort out who to prioritize in his life and no one deserved to be at the top of the list than his sona.

To hell with divorce. To hell with Nishi Sippy Kapoor. And to hell his family. For He couldn’t care any less! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a random piece I came up with this afternoon and so couldn't stop myself from penning it down. Do let me know how you find it. I will also be replying to the comments on my other OS I posted yesterday very soon. I have read every comment and I can't thank you guys enough for so much love🤗

Will be looking forward to your feedback on this one❤️

Edited by Mushfika_01 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

2TheMoonAndBack thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Writer ji aap suddenly itna meherban kaise ho gaye hamare upar. two OSes within 24 hours😲

Let me do my personal favorite happy dance 🥳

The transition of rohit's emotions from shock, to numb to a loving husband to a professional doctor - SO smooth. I told you this before too that I love the way you pen down emotions in your story. but today the dialogues portrayed those emotions much more impact-fully. Esp the way Rohit told his family to back off, I was like 

I loveddd how sonakshi was resisting to rohit and then gave in....it was so aptly portrayed...she could be mad at him but she also needed the solace of her husband because the whole divorce thing came as a shock to her. I loved how rohit kept calming her down with his soothing words. 

As always, it was amazing! Loved it❤️

2TheMoonAndBack thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ravi, what part of ‘drive fast’ do you not understand? If I don’t get to the hospital in the next 15 minute,  I swear to god I’m gonna burn your ass on the f*cking stove

🤣🤣🤣🤣 this dialogue killed me 🤣 poor ravi, i could imagine his round face all scrunched up in fear 

Blackwind thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Must say u r such a versatile writer... every description is done so aptly be it the emotional turmoil,the medical detailing,the aguish .......everything👏

Anokhee thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 5

Loved the OS. How I wish we could see this.

wasuthecrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Lovely!!!!!👏

Just so lovely. I so wished i could depict his feelings at a moment like this, but no one could have done better than this, the way you have done it❤️ take a bow mushfika. I imagined literally everything you wrote down here.

Lovely,once again.🤗 You have done a one fab job with this.😳

Edited by wasuthecrazy - 4 years ago
vaidehi1306 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Mushfika..🤗

Thank you so much for writing this awesome piece! You've described a possible scenario that could've been shown in the show, but I know it won't be coming up! 

Rohit's feelings after seeing her like that, his actions..all were imaginable!

And the sequence that followed after Sona woke up..it was love ❤️❤️

Loved it 👌🏻😍

Naynaa thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Mushfikaaa!🤗

I'm back again and let me say this- You nailed this one. I really mean it. It was PERFECT. This piece you've written is literary art and every single line was perfectly crafted, doing things to my heart you could only imagine.

“No don’t! Ambulance in Mumbai will only take us to the graveyard.”, he spat in disgust at the thought of the number of lives that had been murdered in the mumbai traffic. 

“I don’t want any of your mere shadow to fall upon her. And I mean it. Every damned word of it!”, His cold voice was enough to send a chill down the  spine of every Sippy.

To hell with divorce. To hell with Nishi Sippy Kapoor. And to hell his family. For He couldn’t care any less! 

These lines were like music to my ears! Mushfikaa! I can't possibly find the right words to tell you how amazing this is. ❤️

Please please please write more.

Love❤️,

Naina

sosweetsumi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

i wish rohit actually does this

AK_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Even if in fiction, I am so glad to see Rohit gather his shi* together. 😳

Thanks for this one Mushfika ❤️