Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShenzK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: screen22

You are so kind to translate in English,  to get the grasp of the whole story you need to understand what you are reading.  Only if you have the time

Thank you againπŸ€—

I will have the translations of the each bit along with the MVs uploaded before I update the next chapter tonight. So, you will mostly have it by late evening at most. I will make time, if I don't have some. πŸ˜Š Might even add that in the relevant chapter as well. Just for future reference. 

Not a problem. πŸ€—

ShenzK thumbnail

Originally posted by: tumhiho

Abir is totally smitten. I am really excited about their 'talk' after this. I bet she's gonna give him a slap along with some sharp words lol. He kinda deserves it, to be honest. I really liked how you explained his POV and what's going on in his head, it really helps understand the character and their actions better. I can't wait to read Mishti's POV.  Thank you for updating so early! I got so gitty when I saw you updated Chap 8. You really have your way with words, loved reading this πŸ‘

Have a good one. Take care πŸ˜Š

Thank you so much! I am really happy to know that you have been liking it so far. Honestly, can't make any promises about the slap and sharp words since the final version of the chapter mostly varies from what I plan initially. But I have already had something very similar to this written a while back and the guy did end up with a razor sharp slap across his face. πŸ€£But anyways!

Mishti's POV is what would be highlighted in the next chapter. Her thoughts, her reaction and all the buzz around around the situation. 

I just made sure I was updating as per schedule. The next one is scheduled for today. Hopefully, I manage to pull that up as well. It gives me something to write when I get to know that there are people out there willing and waiting to read this. Thanks for letting me know. I am not sure whether I've got a way with words or not but surely do. 

Thanks once again! You take care of yourself too β€οΈ

ShenzK thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nikki_love

You know you are write...even if this is a short write up ..it's perfectly written. Abir's POV is exciting...so there is πŸ”₯! Super excited to read their convos....and it was nice to see he waited and gathered his thoughts before doing anything....

Thank you so much! I'm glad you find it good. You find it perfect because you think they are perfect. 

I hope that I will be able to do justice with the amount of excitement and buzz that I feel for this upcoming conversation. It is just making me anxious. I think it would have been to rash on his part if he went to talk to her without clearing his head. Additionally, he would have nothing much to provide in his defense, not that he has now. I feel it would just have worsen her reaction to the whole fiasco. 

Anyways, thanks once again!

ShenzK thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashi3

Hey Shenz..πŸ€—

I don't know whether you remember me, but we met in Naamkarann forum. It's good to see you here.

The story is absolutely beautiful. I love the way you have glided through the entire story. I like the fact that they didn't fall in love instantly at the first meeting itself. I don't think it's possible for anyone to fall in love like that. Yeah, you can definitely be attracted to a person, but not fall for them. So I like your realistic approach. ❀️

Abir and Mishti both are practical, head-strong individuals. They have their characters and thought process intact. That's admirable! Also Abir started to see her differently from other girls only after getting to know her better. I love that. You have given both the characters a perfect character arc. 

I can see what Sameer and Nisha are trying to do here. πŸ˜† It's working too. At least for Abir, it is. He actually kissed her?! I didn't expect that. But I'm glad that he realized he's attracted towards her. Thank you that he didn't directly jump into the conclusion that he is in love with her. πŸ˜›πŸ˜† He is passing through all the stages of falling in love. I would like to know more about Mishti's point of view too.

Can't wait to see where it goes from this point. Do update soon dear. Waiting eagerly...   

Love,

Ashi. ❀️

Oh My GOD! Ashi! πŸ€—

Of course I do remember you! How in this world I am gonna forget one of my favourite writers!? It's so good to see you here. 

Firstly, thank you so much for giving this a shot. It means a lot to me. Honestly speaking, in my early teens, I did think that it was possible to fall in love at first sight. But with time I realized how immature that thought was. It's only possible to feel some sort of attraction to someone at the first meeting because it's mostly the appearance that you get to see and not the real person, not their personality. And love is definitely not about looks. I feel it's more like accepting the person for who they are. And for that, one needs to get to know the other person. So love at first sight isn't possible. I am glad you see it that way too. 

I needed that. It didn't feel right to me to make Abir suddenly showing interest in Mishti. That would have been weird and quite suspicious, if I might add. I needed something to get him there. Initially, I wasn't sure of the way it was all going to shape up. It was only after I added Mishti's back story did I get an opening. It's nice to know that you like their characters. 

Sameer and Nisha might end up in big time trouble for what they are doing behind their backs. Since, even you can see it, Mishti might find out soon too. Maybe, maybe not. 

Yes, he kissed her. More like a cheek kiss. Yes. Had he directly jumped onto the conclusion that he is in love, I might have run a search to find another man with more sense. πŸ˜† Stages of love - from the realization sinking in to confession - hash! that reminds me of another story. ❀️

Mishti's point of view will be reflected in the coming chapter. Hope I will be able to do justice and you will like it as much as you have liked it so far. 

The next chapter is scheduled for today. It will mostly be up by tonight. So hopefully, you won't have to wait for too long. 

Thanks once again! I really appreciate you taking out time to read and review this. Lots of love to you too. ❀️

iykyk_3 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: ShenzK

Oh My GOD! Ashi! πŸ€—

Of course I do remember you! How in this world I am gonna forget one of my favourite writers!? It's so good to see you here. 

Firstly, thank you so much for giving this a shot. It means a lot to me. Honestly speaking, in my early teens, I did think that it was possible to fall in love at first sight. But with time I realized how immature that thought was. It's only possible to feel some sort of attraction to someone at the first meeting because it's mostly the appearance that you get to see and not the real person, not their personality. And love is definitely not about looks. I feel it's more like accepting the person for who they are. And for that, one needs to get to know the other person. So love at first sight isn't possible. I am glad you see it that way too. 

I needed that. It didn't feel right to me to make Abir suddenly showing interest in Mishti. That would have been weird and quite suspicious, if I might add. I needed something to get him there. Initially, I wasn't sure of the way it was all going to shape up. It was only after I added Mishti's back story did I get an opening. It's nice to know that you like their characters. 

Sameer and Nisha might end up in big time trouble for what they are doing behind their backs. Since, even you can see it, Mishti might find out soon too. Maybe, maybe not. 

Yes, he kissed her. More like a cheek kiss. Yes. Had he directly jumped onto the conclusion that he is in love, I might have run a search to find another man with more sense. πŸ˜† Stages of love - from the realization sinking in to confession - hash! that reminds me of another story. ❀️

Mishti's point of view will be reflected in the coming chapter. Hope I will be able to do justice and you will like it as much as you have liked it so far. 

The next chapter is scheduled for today. It will mostly be up by tonight. So hopefully, you won't have to wait for too long. 

Thanks once again! I really appreciate you taking out time to read and review this. Lots of love to you too. ❀️

That's so sweet of you. To be honest, I don't think I'm that good as a writer. πŸ˜† But thank you for your kind words. πŸ€—

The concept of love at first sight never really appealed to me. I could never fathom how can a person fall in love with a complete stranger. That notion just goes above my head. You're right. You can only love a person whom you know properly. You need to know their character, their personality and mindset. Without knowing any of these it would just be a physical attraction or infatuation.

Exactly. That would really be very weird and suspicious. I for once would never entertain a total stranger who approach me. πŸ˜† So I'm glad that you showed Abir differently. 

Hmmm.. Sameer and Nisha should be prepared for what is coming their way. I don't think Mishti would take it very kindly. They are inviting trouble for themselves. πŸ˜†

Yeah, a cheek kiss. But he shouldn't have done that. I don't know how Mishti is going to take that. Well, Abir has a lot of talking and explanation to do. 

True. It would have been foolish if he concluded that he's in love. πŸ˜† Thank you for keeping his common sense intact. Hey, which story did you get reminded of?

That's great! I can't wait to read Mishti's point of view. I'm also eager to read their conversation. 

Looking forward to the chapter. 

When you are taking out time to share your beautiful work with us, this is the least I can do. And I'm dong it because I enjoyed reading it. So I should be the one thanking you. Thank you for the lovely work, Shenz. πŸ€— β€οΈ

ShenzK thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashi3

That's so sweet of you. To be honest, I don't think I'm that good as a writer. πŸ˜† But thank you for your kind words. πŸ€—

The concept of love at first sight never really appealed to me. I could never fathom how can a person fall in love with a complete stranger. That notion just goes above my head. You're right. You can only love a person whom you know properly. You need to know their character, their personality and mindset. Without knowing any of these it would just be a physical attraction or infatuation.

Exactly. That would really be very weird and suspicious. I for once would never entertain a total stranger who approach me. πŸ˜† So I'm glad that you showed Abir differently. 

Hmmm.. Sameer and Nisha should be prepared for what is coming their way. I don't think Mishti would take it very kindly. They are inviting trouble for themselves. πŸ˜†

Yeah, a cheek kiss. But he shouldn't have done that. I don't know how Mishti is going to take that. Well, Abir has a lot of talking and explanation to do. 

True. It would have been foolish if he concluded that he's in love. πŸ˜† Thank you for keeping his common sense intact. Hey, which story did you get reminded of?

That's great! I can't wait to read Mishti's point of view. I'm also eager to read their conversation. 

Looking forward to the chapter. 

When you are taking out time to share your beautiful work with us, this is the least I can do. And I'm dong it because I enjoyed reading it. So I should be the one thanking you. Thank you for the lovely work, Shenz. πŸ€— β€οΈ

Oh! Trust me you are good. And that reminds me, have you written something on this forum too? I will have to check that. 

Oh trust me, I have got similar thoughts about Love at first sight. I could have understood if they said, 'Lust at first sight' but 'Love?' Nah! Thanks. That's beyond my capability to understand. 

Let's see how you react to the next chapter. Well, I agree, no matter what kiss, he crossed the line. Let's see if he understands the blunder that he has made. 

If he didn't keep his common sense intact, I might have to search for another lead for Mishti. Oh, I was reminded of another story of mine which was basically about two best friends in love and the whole story is about the journey from realization to confession of love. 

I just hope you don't throw something rotten my way when you read the next chapter, that's all. 

I am glad you are enjoying it. Pays off whatever time I have spent writing this. πŸ€—❀️

ShenzK thumbnail

Originally posted by: screen22

You are so kind to translate in English,  to get the grasp of the whole story you need to understand what you are reading.  Only if you have the time

Thank you againπŸ€—

Please scroll down to the next comment to find the translations to the bits used in the chapter! I will add up the video clips as well, so that you can check that out in case you need it.

Edited by ShenzK - 4 years ago
ShenzK thumbnail

Translations to the Music bits used in the Sangeet Performance - that is - Chapter Seven (Recreating Moments). They are in the order in which they have been used in the respective chapter.

Song: Morni Banke 

From the movie: Badhaai Ho

Catwalk Wali Baby Hai Teri Chaal

Baby! Your stride is like a catwalk

Backless Suit Vich Lagdi Kamaal

Wearing a backless top, You look awesome

O Kitthe Chali Jaandi Ae, Aha!

Where are You heading to?

O Kitthe Chali Jaandi Ae, Oho!

Where are You heading to?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fa5zt3MV7s

--

Song: Radha

Movie: Student of the Year

Radha on the dance floor
Radha likes to party
Radha likes to move that sexy Radha body

Maathe pe pankh mor
With a peacock feather on his forehead
Kehte hai makhan chor
He is called as the butter thief
Bajaye bansuri
He plays the flute
Bada aaya chit chor
People think he's a big charmer
But Radha wants more
But Radha wants more
Dhoondungi charon aur
I'll look for him everywhere
Milega koi aur
And I'll find someone else
Dungi main haathon mein
I'll give him in his hands
Mere dil ki yeh dor
The string of my heart
Coz Radha wants more
Coz Radha wants more

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBhuDPSzGdw

--

Song: D se Dance

Movie: Humpty Sharma ki Dulhania

Ho ... Jattpure ki jatti
Hey ... this Punjabi girl from Jattpura
Joh fashion ki hai patti
She is obsessed with fashion
Hai aage peeche, aage peeche mere
She is running behind me
O jaan-e-jaan tu dola
O my beloved your getting carried away
Mere dil mein chahe khona
May you lose yourself in my heart
Hai aage peeche, aage peeche mere
She is running behind me

Lo humko, lo humko banane hai chali
Look, she's trying to fool me
Aayi hai mohalle mein koi manchali
A carefree girl has come in the colony
Sajji hai yeh dulhan se badke zara
She is dressed up more than the bride
Chai se hai zyada garam ketli
The teapot is hotter than the tea itself

Uff dhuan dhuan hua yahan pe
There's a lot of smoke here
Kaun jala hai itna
Who's burning here
Arre yeh bhi kya kanoon banega
Will a new law be written
Kaun sajega kitna
Defining how much can one dress up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKJ5jJ0R_LQ

--

Song: Kamariya

Movie: Mitron

Chama Cham Naach Aajhe, Dhama Dham Dhol Baaje, 

We are dancing with joy. The drums are playing. 

Non-Stop Halla Machega, Oye Naacho Saare, 

There will be non-stop fun. Dance, my friend. 

Apni Famous Hai Raat Waali Yaariyan, Jaane Saare Jahan Aa, 

Our night-time friendship is famous. The whole world knows about it.

Pethalpur ma’ Sunle O Choriya, 

Listen, O Girl, the whole town is swaying in Pethalpur.

Jhoome Nagariya Jab Jab Ye Ghoome, 

Whenever you dance and sway your waist. 

Kamariya Re Thari Kamariya, Kamariya Re Thari Kamariya , 

Waist. Your waist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfrfUSuFlow

--

Song: Nachange Saari Raat

Movie : Junooniyat

Bhangre di queen main ta
I'm the queen of Bhangra
Kudi so haseen main ta
I'm a beautiful girl
Meri hai ghazab gal baat
My style is wonderful
Figure hega kaint mera
My figure is amazing
Thumka excellent mera
My dance moves are excellent
Groovy groovy ho ja mere saath
Come grove alongside me

Na zid very much kari
Don't be stubborn
Mujhko na touch kari
Don't touch me
Karle control jazbaat
Control your emotions
Phir bhi joh na maane dil
Still if your heart doesn't agree
Karta jaaye tujhko kill
And it keeps killing you
Thaam le tu aake mera haath
Then you come and grab my hand

We'll stay up all night soniyo ve

We'll stay up all night, my beloved
We'll stay up all night soniyo ve
We'll stay up all night, my beloved
Karle thoda sa pyar soniyo ve
Let's make some love, my beloved
Karle thoda sa pyar
Let's make some love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKmsYrChC2A

--

Song: Jeena Jeena

Movie: Badlapur

Dehleez pe mere dil ki joh rakhe hai tune kadam
As you've stepped on the threshold of my heart
Tere naam pe meri zindagi likh di mere humdum
O my beloved, I've written my life in your name
Haan seekha maine jeena jeena kaise jeena
I got to know how to live life
Haan seekha maine jeena mere humdum
I got to know how to live my beloved
Na seekha kabhi jeena jeena kaise jeena
I never knew before how to live life
Na seekha jeena tere bina humdum
I never knew before how to live my beloved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF6P-qgd3Po

Edited by ShenzK - 4 years ago
ShenzK thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

tumhiho thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

All the angst! I loved it as per usual. Mishti was on point with all that she said, no one is going to ask him for any explanation. It’s always the girl that gets questioned. On the other hand, Abir is not here to explain to any of the wandering eyes. He’s here to explain everything to Mishti because he’s genuinely attracted and wants a second chance. I was imagining everything vividly in my head and that’s the best part and that’s when you know you’re reading a good piece. When all the written scenes are rushing through your head. Thank you for blessing us with this story and these characters 

Stay safe and take care πŸ€—