Posted: 4 years ago

I'm happy you are back
loved the part ❤
continue soon 

bloomie thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 8

Part 2

Arjun stared at her, unable to answer. She smiled and left……………………..

Riya prayed before the Goddess Durga idol. There was a time when she herself had stopped going to the temple but that was not because she didn’t want to but because she had been afraid to and deep down ashamed to. She slowly opened her eyes and suddenly saw the figure next to her.

Her eyes widened in surprise to see Arjun standing with joined hands. He opened his eyes and looked at her. He smiled at her and she lowered her eyes. The pandit applied a tika on their foreheads before blessing them.

The rest of their journey was silent. Arjun gave her, her daily dose of dahi-Cheeni before sending her in. Riya finally allowed the blush to creep up on her cheeks as she reached a safe distance away from him.

Her mind kept replaying the vision of him entering into the temple just because of her. Within seconds, he had changed his complete attitude towards something that he had believed all his life. Then again, he was a man of ethics and surprises. Who would know that better than her?

Flashback

It was some time beyond 11 pm. The street was deserted except for a drunkard man grabbing a girl.

Girl: chod mujhe!!

Man: kyun chod du? (he caged her in his hold) aaj toh meri chandni lagne waali hai

She struggled to get free from his hold but was unable to: maine kaha na chod! Nahi aana mujhe tere saath

He pinned her to the tree and tried to kiss her: are mere ilawa koi nahi yaha, tere jitne bante hai main de dunga

She turned her face away: nahi jaana kaha na maine!!

She pushed him but he grabbed her again and slapped her: chal chup-chap! Naatak band kar!!

He started to drag her to his car but she continued to protest. He opened the door and tried to push her in.

Girl: Mujhe Nahi Aana Tumhare Saath! Please Chodo Mujhe!!

Just then another car entered the view. The nightlights blinded the man. Taking the opportunity, she pushed him away. Realising what she had done, he sprinted in her direction and caught hold of her hair leading her to yelp.

Man: Teri Toh! Ek Baar Main Samaj Nahi Aata Tujhe? (taking her along) seedhe-seedhe chal warna woh haal karunga ki dobara karne laayak bhi nahi rahegi!!!

On the other hand, the other driver pulled up on the side looking at the scene in front of him. Despite being tired due to the long day, it didn’t take a moment for the second-in-command of ETF to get back his energy. He angrily marched towards the man.

He was about to dump the girl into the backseat when a hand grabbed hold of his collar freeing her and a fist met his jaw sending him stumbling behind. The girl stared at the new man in shock.

The drunkard wiped the blood from his lips: ae! Kaun hai tu?

Arjun: ladki ko chod aur nikal! Warna dobara khade rehne laayak nahi rahega!

Man: kyun chodu? Tu Jaa Kar Apna Kaam Kar!! Zyaada Hero Giri Mat Dikha!! (pointing) ye ladki nahi dhandhe waali hai, chup-chap apna raasta naap!!

The girl lowered her eyes, knowing for sure the second man was going to leave after knowing what she was. Arjun glanced at her. The man stepped towards the girl again but was thrown behind by Arjun. 

Arjun: sunai nahi deta?

Man(shocked): Par Woh Dhandhe Waali Hai!!!

Arjun: toh?

Man(confused): toh…toh kya? Use mere saath aana padega

Arjun: woh nahi aayegi, uski marzi , ab chup-chap nikal warna (grabbing his collar) itni haddiyan todunga ki apne paida hone par bhi afsos karega, Samjhe Ya Samjhau?

Bewildered and scared due to the fiery eyes he meekly nodded. Arjun threw him away. He somehow scrambled to the driver’s seat and sped off. The girl looked at him wide-eyed, unable to believe what all had happened.

Arjun went back to his car and ignited the engine without sparing another glance at the girl. She was still standing in the same place. He stopped near her and opened the door.

Arjun: baitho

She came out of her trance and stared at him, groaning mentally. He had just saved her for himself. That, or he wanted a reward.

Arjun: khadi kya ho? Baitho

She sighed. And contemplated over what to do. He was definitely not drunk and by the looks of it, he was strong enough to make her do his bidding. Besides, no one was going to save her if she said no, no one ever did. She quietly got into the passenger seat and closed the door.

Arjun: seatbelt pehno

She obeyed. Arjun put his foot on the accelerator starting the journey. There was an uncomfortable silence for some time.

Arjun: tumhari umar kya hai?

Girl(confused): kyun?

Arjun(sternly): jitna pucha jaaye utna jawab do

Girl: woh….21

Arjun: idhar dekho

She faced him properly. Arjun glanced at her to make sure there were no indications of lying.

Arjun: pakka baalik ho?

Girl: ha

Arjun nodded at the absence of micro-expressions. She looked straight ahead again.

Arjun: Pydhoonie, Bandra ya fir kahi aur?

Girl: main…kuch samjhi nahi

Arjun: kaha chodu? Kotha kaunsa hai tumhara? Ya fir aise hi akele karti ho?

Girl(confused): woh…chodu matlab?

Arjun: are baba, rehti kaha ho? Kaha chodu?

Girl: aapne mujhe chodne ke liye bithaya?

Arjun(flatly): ha aur nahi toh kya?

She lowered her gaze and Arjun realised what she had been thinking. He shook his head.

Arjun: ab bolo bhi

Girl: woh mera kaam karne ka mood nahi, kahi aur jaana hai, aap mujhe yahi chod dijiye, main chali jaungi

Arjun: kaha jaana hai

Girl: aap kyun takleef…

Arjun: soch lo, raaste mein firse koi mil gaya toh main nahi aanewaala

She sighed(reluctantly): Marve beach

Arjun nodded. The SUV headed to the beach. He stopped along one of the entrances. Just then his phone pinged with a message and he got busy in it. She removed the seatbelt and stepped outside. Closing the door behind her, she was about to walk away but stopped. She turned and bent to lean in the window, placing her arms on the sill.

Girl: saab, ek baat puchu?

Arjun took his attention away from the phone: huh? Kya?

Girl: jab us admi ne aapko bataya ki main kaun hu fir bhi aapne kyun bachaya mujhe?

Arjun: kaam chahe jo bhi ho, marzi se hona chahiye aur tum dhandha karti ho ye kisi ka permit letter nahi hai tumhare saath badtameezi karne ka, waise bhi agar policewaala apni duty nahi karega toh aur kaun karega?

She stared at him, feeling something warm in her heart that had been cold since many years now.

The slightest of the smiles came on her face: the world needs to learn a lot of lessons from you, officer

Arjun’s head jerked to her at her fluent English. She felt amused as she realised his chain of thought. Moving away from the car, she walked in a unknown direction leaving Arjun with his thoughts.

Flashback Ends

The first bell rang declaring the commencing the exam and she snapped out of her thoughts.

ETF office-

Sameer’s cabin door opened without a knock. He looked up from his laptop to see Arjun entering.

Arjun: Sam sun toh, woh Malhotra ke sting operation mein usne jis admi ke baare mein bataya tha uska…

Sameer however, was distracted by something else: Arjun?

Arjun: ha?

Sameer: teri tabiyat theek hai?

Arjun: ha kyun?

Sameer: tu kisi pooja wagera mein gaya tha? woh bhi subah-subah?

Arjun realised he must be talking about the tika on his forehead: nahi mandir gaya tha

Sameer stood up in shock: What?!?!?!

Arjun(taken aback): Sameer relax

Sameer: tu!  Aur mandir? Ye kaise ho gaya?

Arjun: are woh Riya roz exam se pehle jaati hai toh aaj hum aise hi causally baat kar rahe the toh mujhe laga ki woh sahi hai, shayad kahi koi bhagwan hai jo kisi na kisi tarah sabki madad karne ki koshish karta hai

Sameer stared at him in disbelief: wow!

Arjun: ab ye shocking expression dena band kar aur ye bata ki us admi ke baare mein kuch pata chala ya nahi?

Sameer: ha woh Ayesha ne bataya tha ki uske ek informer ke paas kuch khabar hai, woh check karke aayegi

Arjun: theek hai…bye!

He turned to leave.

Sameer: Rawte sun

Arjun: ha?

Sameer: sach-sach bata, tum Riya se pyaar karte hona?

Arjun stared at him for a few seconds and then replied slowly: ha

Sameer grinned: mujhe pata tha! shaadi kab hai?

Arjun chuckled: Sam please itna hyper mat ho, us sab se pehle bahot saari cheezein hai jinka hona zaroori hai (Sameer’s expression turned mischievous) and none of them involve record rooms or their tables

Sameer (appalled): Rawte!!!

He was about to launch himself but Arjun ran off laughing at the plight of his best friend. Arjun could barely wait for the day to get over. He wanted to go see Riya as soon as possible.

The 5 pm bell felt like music to Riya’s ears. The day’s second paper was over as well as her quota of exams. It had been difficult with the correspondence course but Jeevan Nirmal used to ensure appropriate education and skill training to all those who were in their shelter. She breathed a sigh of relief as the invigilator collected the paper.

She almost ran out and hailed a cab back to the NGO. Switching on her phone, she texted Arjun.

Riya- easy papers…..all finished!!!!

ETF-

Arjun had kept his phone the table knowing she would reach him. Every time the phone pinged he enthusiastically checked the notification only to be disappointed while the others giggled in amusement.

Liza: post-mortem mein jo poison mila hai woh India mein aasani se nahi paaya jaata sir, locally easily dhundhna toh sabse achi jagah Africa hogi

Arjun: toh fir us Naina aur Jatin ko pakdo

Rathore: kyun? Woh dono kyun?

Arjun: woh isliye Rathore kyunki…

A beep sounded for the umpteenth time and Arjun lunged forward to grab his phone. His face lit up seeing the sender. He immediately replied her

Arjun- great! Going back?

Riya- ha raaste mein hu

Arjun- theek hai, main aaunga

Riya- ok! Main wait karungi

Rathore rolled his eyes: Rawte!!!

Arjun: kya hai?

Rathore: case! Baad mein baat karna usse

Arjun made a face(muttering): khadoos!

The team giggled as he glared at him. Arjun put his phone back and sat sulking. Rathore looked at him in disbelief.

Rathore: Arjun!!!

Arjun: kya hai?

Rathore: Naina aur Jatin kyun? Kuch bologe?

Arjun: idiot! Dono gaye the na Kenya pichle mahine chutti par

Rathore(confused): really?

Arjun was about to scold him when Shree piped in: sir aapko kaise pata chala?

Arjun: tum sab dhakan ho ek number ke, deewar par 15 inch ki frame lagi thi!!

Ayesha: but sir, woh log travel karte hai, waha toh kitni saari photos thi, is baat ki kya gurantee hai ki woh pichle mahine hi Kenya gaye

Arjun burst out: Saari Frames Par Date Thi You Insolent Fools!!!

Shree: sir..

Arjun sulked: NAHI! chup raho! Bahot bure tum log! Jaan buchkar pareshaan kar rahe hona is…(glaring at Sameer) Is Rathore Ke Kehne Par? Mujhe pata hai!!!

Chotu: nahi sir hum kyun….

Arjun: Nahi Baat Karni Mujhe Tum Sabse! Main Jaa Raha Hun Riya Ke Paas Bye!!!

The team tried to protest.

Rathore: Arjun ye kya….

But he dramatically exited the room banging the door him.

Sakshi: ye kya tha?

Rathore: paagal ho gaya hai ye admi! (changing the focus) pakdo in dono ko aur interrogation karo!

Ayesha: yes sir!....................................

Edited by bloomie - 3 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Gold.Abrol thumbnail

Loved it Sharvi

Awesome part

Good Arjun entered temple for the very first time 

I loved the FB great one 🙂 

I really liked how Arjun is being teasy to everyone in the team especially Sam 😂😂

Arjun & his theories well done👍

Let's see what happens next

Thanks for the PM

Continue soon 🙂

RainOfDew thumbnail

Awesome updt

Nice fb..smwhere i guessed abt it

Lol sab Arjun ko tang kr rhe hain..he is behaving like kid🤣🤣🤣

Cont soon

Thnx for pm

plmzaq thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Awesome update

Love it

Thanks for pm

Continue soon

Tumpa12 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

loved it

awesome

thnx for pm

cont soon

Mahimarahman thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Love it. Thnx for pm dear. 

nicronyariya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I don't know what to say? 

Bcoz I kind of have some vague idea of what is happening so i'll wait until the truth is unfolded.... 

OMG I just hope ariya ek doosare se alag na ho... 

Aur i guess past bahot hi bhayanak hai.... 

Which is tormenting me now itself.... 

I really don't know whether I should appreciate or criticize so I choose Silence for the moment till I know the truth, I mean all the bg story... 

Trust me this was a very small update... 

Plz try to increase the length and plz try to update soon

Bcoz I'll become mad very shortly bcoz of all kind of imaginations running on my mind right now... 

Thanx for pm