Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tiiii thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: _._shibani_._

Jesus Christ!😲 I feel like a stupid person for missing on this!

I was too lazy so decided to wait for the weekend and it was so amazing that I can't even.❤️

Please update soon

Thank youuuuu!!! ❤️ 
Positive comments keep me going so I appreciate your kind words! ☺️ 

Tiiii thumbnail

Chapter 5

“I see you found yourself at the library?” Nandini asked and chuckled softly. Rudra smiled at her and nodded his head. “I don’t see Maya around, but I believe you had a chance to be acquainted?” She asked. “Yes ma’am. We were discussing our favorite books and lines” he said.“That’s lovely!” she exclaimed, true happiness glimmering in her eyes. Then Rudra noticed her looking around. He asked, “excuse me ma’am, I think you’re looking for your daughter?” “Yes, I don’t see her” she said, puzzled. “She must’ve been talking to him while keeping herself hidden” she muttered to herself. “Ma’am, we talked, but I haven’t seen her either” he said. She looked up at him and sighed. Behind the curtains or the screen of a computer, she appears to be confident in her work and capability. The only time her faith in herself failed was when it came to meeting people in person and understandably so. It was heartbreaking.

“Thank you Rudra” she softly said. Rudra nodded his head in understanding. The sadness in the mother’s eyes squeezed Rudra’s heart. It was obvious there was more to this. He didn’t know what it was, but maybe someday he’ll find out.

Maya noticed her mother and leaned her head on the wall. The veil in front of her was thin enough to allow her to see what was going on. She wished she could take away the sadness but the reality was cruel. There were not much she could do.

“Ma’am” Rudra softly called out. Nandini jolted back into reality and smiled nervously. “I don’t know if I should saythis but I’ll try my best to be a good assistant and to keep her company” he said.  

Nandini nodded her head and smiled in gratitude.Rudra knew that this wasn’t a typical assistant job. More than an assistant what the daughter needed was a companion. He didn’t know how much of a friend he could be to the woman, but he will try. 

Maya noticed the exchange and her heart softened. Immediately she shook her head, trying to shove the feeling to a corner. No way would she trust him this easily! Besides, the job calls for an assistant right? So friendship isn’t completely necessary. However, she wouldn’t be too cold or mean, because it didn’t seem fair. She still felt guilty for causing Rishi to run away. To her defense, it’s not they’d have much to talk about anyway. “Well, that’s what you think” the voice in her head told her.

“I’ll leave you two to it” Nandini said andleft.

Rudra’e knew the princess noticed everything. Suddenly he heard her say, “I see you are quite dedicated to you job.” Rudra chuckled and said “Of course. Always.” Suddenly Maya’s mischievous side perked.“Dedicated you say boy?” She thought. “I’ll be the judge of that” she said to herself. “Really?” She asked. Rudra said, “Yes” quite confidently. “Do you think you can survive at a place like this without going to the city?” She asked. Rudra scoffed. Was the princess kidding herself? How difficult would it be to stay here anyway? Yes it was secluded but it’s not like he had a super active social life anyway. So he replied almost in a boastful way “Of course I can.” “Ok then” Maya thought. She wanted to throw a challenge Rudra’s way. So she asked “What would say if I asked if you could stay here 24/7?” Rudra furrowed his eyebrows. So princess wanted to make him work for 24/7? That’s not fair. He then heard Maya say “I wouldn’t make work of course. You can leave if you have an emergency to attend to but you must come back” as if she could read his mind. She wouldn’t be so unreasonable that she wouldn’t let him leave at all. She might’ve looked like a beast but she wasn’t one.

The test for Rudra would be to see if he could survive in this secluded place everyday, for a really long time.

“So the princess is challenging me” Rudra thought and smirked. “Ok then, your highness, bring it on” he told himself. “Sure. I definitely can” he said, almost arrogantly. 

Maya grinned. “The boy thinks he can survive this challenge?” She thought. So, she asked “you realize that it means you’d have to stay here for 4 months straight?” and smirked. She was Maya Jaysingh, no way she’d keep a wimp close to her. “Let’s see how you hold up now” she thought.

To her surprise, Rudra replied “Ok.Consider it done. I’ll bring all of my stuff tomorrow then.” Maya smirk grew.The boy had a fire in him. He was challenging her!  She was impressed and so she replied “Sure. You may take your leave today. Tomorrow your test starts Mr. Roy.” 

Rudra smirked. The princess wouldn’t even know what’s coming her way. He WILL win this challenge, because Rudra Roy doesn’t lose. 

“Thank you, while I appreciate your concern and allowing me to leave, I believe I should carry on with my duties for today. After all, I signed up for this” Rudra said. Maya nodded her head and said “Ok then, feel free stay and carry on with your tasks today.” Maya paused for a bit before saying, “However, I have to take my leave now for I have some work to do of my own. You’ll find a walkie-talkie on the second shelf on your right. I’ll contact you once I am done.”

Strange. Now that he really is working for her, couldn’t she just give him her phone number? Then again, the princess was unpredictable. Having her number seemed like a far-fetched notion.

“Ok” he said and shrugged. He got nothing to lose, for he could spend all his time in the library. Considering how large the palace was, it would take him a day to finish looking around.

He looked around for the nagging curiosity was eating him alive. Where was the princess hiding? How could she see him? He looked up and around, and noticed a small window at a corner on the left. It seemed to be the only window to be covered by a black cloth. The rest of the windows were all uncovered.

Rudra formed an “o” in realization. “So that’s where the princess’ hiding spot was” he said to himself. He proceeded to walk to the shelf and take the walkie-talkie in his hands. He then sat down with the book he was reading before Maya started talking. He looked at the clock. It was only 10am. Well, it was a longtime till he could leave.

3 hours passed. Rudra found himself to be looking at the clock again. It was 12pm. That meant lunch, and 5 more hours to kill. His stomach growled.

Rudra turned on the walkie-talkie in his hands.He heard Maya say “if you are hungry then go to the dining area. I’ll send someone over to serve you some food” before going offline.

Ok, was the princess psychic or something? He wondered. 

He did as Maya asked – he went to the dining area. Once again he found himself to be admiring the interior. A long wooden table stood in the middle. On the ceiling was a crystal chandelier,giving off a soft silvery light. There were portraits on the wall – mostly of food.

Rudra smiled looking at the food on the table. The food smelt delicious. He sat down and noticed a man bringing him a tall glass of what seemed was lemonade and served it in front of him. He served a portion of all the dishes on the table, before asking if Rudra would like anything else. Rudra said no and proceeded to thank the man for the food. To this the man bowed his heard. “Please enjoy your meal,” he then said followed by a gentle bow, before disappearing at the back, behind a giant door.

“Well, looks like this is gonna be quite interesting” he said and dug in.

After lunch Maya contacted him again, stating that her mother had kept his payment for the day on the table in his room. When he asked why was he being paid today when he signed up for work for 24/7  for the next 4 months, Maya simply replied “you were promised daily payment and you’ll receive such.” Rudra nodded in understanding. 

He sat down on his bed and took the envelope containing his salary. His mind had a million thoughts running through with no chance of receiving any answers. He lied down, and looked up at the ceiling.

The soft knock on his door made him sit up.“Come in” he said. Nandini came in and started “I came to check on you. Did you receive your payment?” Rudra nodded his head, letting her know that he had received it. “Have you eaten?” She asked. Rudra gave her a genuine smile. A mother’s love. It had been a while someone shown him that. So, he replied “yes ma’am. Thank you for asking” “Of course!” Nandini replied. If Manas were alivenow, he would’ve been almost Rudra’s age. She knew he was given a task that was rather difficult and for some reason the mother in her wanted to protect him incase her daughter backtracked from seeing him ever again. 

“Let me know if you need help with anything, ok son?” she asked and Rudra nodded his head. “If you are done for the day, then you may leave” she said to which Rudra had protested letting her know that he would finish what he came for. Nandini smiled at his dedication and left.

She found her daughter in her room, writing on a piece of paper. “You checked up on the boy?” Maya asked, without looking up at her mother. She knew how loving her mother was and she would never let anyone take advantage of it. Not even that Rudra guy. After all it had only been a day! Why was her mother checking up on him so much? “Maybe because she misses her son?” Inner Maya told her. 

“The boy is trying his best to complete his duty, Maya. The least I could do is make sure he’s ok” Nandini said. She knew Maya had a tough time trusting people but she really hoped Maya would open up. 

“Ok ma’am, but if that boy ever takes advantage of you” Maya started, but Nandini cut her off, stating “let’s not jump to conclusions now dear?” Maya huffed and said “well, we’ll see how trustworthy he really is.” Nandini sighed. “He’s very stubborn” Maya said.Nandini raised one of her eyebrows and said “and you are as well” Maya rolled her eyes and pouted. “Well we’ll see how stubborn he really is” she said. Nandini tilted her head to a side and asked “what are you up to?”  

“I told him that he’d have to stay here 24/7 for the next 4 months. We’ll see how stubborn he really is! Living in the outskirts of town? We’ll see how he holds up” She said, and narrowed her eyes. 

Nandini shook her head. While she and Maya were used to living here, how would Rudra hold up? She prayed from the bottom of her heart that he’s able to.

Rudra didn’t hear back from Maya until his shift was ending. “Hello there” he heard her speak up. She had contacted him to remind him to come in the day after and that before he leaves, he should see her mother.

“Am I working for the daughter or the mom?”He asked himself. “It seems I talk to the mother more than the daughter.” He told himself. Not that he was complaining.

Nandini took him to the door when his shift ended and he left.

Roy Mansion, Central City 

Upon entering his home, he found Rishi sprawled on the sofa. “May I ask why you look so tired?” Rudra asked. Rishi huffed dramatically and said “Nour was teaching me Dabke. It was so difficult! Took me hours to get the hang of it!” Rudra snickered. “This is what you get for trying to impress a girl with something you can’t even do!” he exclaimed. Rishi pouted and exclaimed “No! I asked her to teach me Dabke because I want to be able to dance with her too! During last Cultural Night, I just sat there, I couldn’t even dance with her!” Rudra laughed and said “Ok, ok. I get it.”

“So, dada” Rishi started, as Rishi opened the fridge to get a bottle of water. “How’s your day?” Rishi asked. Rudra kept on the bottle on the table and nodded his head, before answering, “it was actually pretty good.” Rishi looked down at the floor before looking back up at his brother “did you meet her? The lady’s daughter?” he asked, a bit nervous. 

“Well. Sort of. We talked, but she didn’t reveal herself” Rudra said as he walked towards Rishi. “Really? You talked to her? She didn’t scare you away?” Rishi asked, almost shocked. Rudra sat down with the water bottle in hands beside Rishi and said “no. In fact Madam was asking me about my favorite book!”

Rishi formed an “o” with his mouth and then closed it. Dang. His brother did have his way with the ladies.

“Which reminds me” Rudra started, before adding, “I have to stay at her place 24/7, for the next 4 months,” and proceeded to gulp down more water. This caused Rishi to jump out of the sofa and stare at Rishi. “24/7?! 4 months?! What? Is this lady insane?” Rishi asked. Rudra kept the bottle on the table and shook his head. “No. Not insane, but stubborn and I assume a bit moody” he said. “I don’t actually have to work for 24/7” He stated. “Then why 24/7?” Rishi asked. Rudra now said “well, I think” he paused, before adding “let’s just say the princess loves challenges and I am taking her up on that.” He didn’t lie. Maya did actually throw a challenge his way. What he didn’t tell Rishi is that this was a job asking for a companion, not exactly an assistant.

“Anyway kiddo. Don’t worry ok? I’ll be fine. The princess can be quite nice when she’s in a good mood” he said, trying to lighten the atmosphere. “If you say so” Rishi replied and shrugged.

Then suddenly he remembered something which caused to exclaim “dada!” This caused Rudra to be startled and turn around.“What’s up?” He asked. “Well, my friends and I were actually planning to travel, as in go on a long trip” Rishi said. “For how long?” Rudra asked. “3 months?” Rishi asked, a bit hesitantly. “Ok” Rudra muttered. “Dada, please let me go” Rishi pleaded. “Please? I am an adult now, and graduation ceremony isn’t until 3 months anyway! Besides, technically I have graduated the day I wrote my last exam” He said. Rudra looked at his brother, and remained silent for a moment. Then he suddenly said “ok. You may go” Rishi’s face broke into a smile and tackled his brother into a bear hug. Rudra chuckled and hugged his brother back. Then he said “I get that my kid brother is a grown up now, so I’ll give him the freedom to be one” before pulling away. “However” Rudra started. “I know, I know. I must keep you updated about everything” Rishi said. Rudra laughed and said “Yep. You know it!”

That night as Rudra was done packing his bags, his phone rang. “Hello” Rudra said. “Ok, I’ll be there shortly” he replied to the person on the other end. He came out of his room and softly knocked on his brother’s door. Then he slowly opened the door to find Rishi asleep. So he slowly closed the door, not to wake Rishi up and walked out of the house.  

Redway Street, Eastside 

Rudra followed the nurse inside and stopped in front of a room. “Mrittunjay Roy” it read. His destitute father who lost his sanity 10 years ago after one night where he lost his wife and they lost their mother to a fire.  

MJ saw his son near his door and ran to him, hugging him as tightly as he could. He felt his son softly hug him back,before pulling away. “Kemon achis tui Rudro?” MJ asked, cupping his son’s face.

Rudra looked at his father. Pity filled his heart.

“Ami bhalo achi baba, tumi kemon acho?” Rudra asked. MJ smiled at his son and replied “besh bhalo, janish tor maa eshechilo amaake dekhte.” Rudra nodded his head. His father thought that Rishi and his mother came to see him. He couldn’t accept the fact that their mother had passed away over 10 years ago. It seemed his dad’s mental health was deteriorating again.

Rudra nodded his head and asked his dad to rest.

His dad had never been an ideal father to them, nor was he an ideal husband. In fact his memories were filled with him being distant, and spending countless nights outside, while his mother could be heard weeping herself to sleep.

Then why now? Why was he hugging his son, when he ignored his existence for years? Maybe somewhere in Rudra’s heart there was some love left for his father. He didn’t know.

He followed the nurse outside before leaving the premises. His mind kept drifting back to his father and the lost look in his eyes.

Rudra drove off to spend another sleepless night.

P.S: Pardon the typos and grammatical errors. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Just in case Translations

Kemon achis tui – how are you

Ami bhalo achi/besh bhalo – I am well/verywell

Janish tor maa eshechilo amaake dekhte – do you know that your mom came to see me

Edited by Tahiti-1 - 4 years ago
Nikita_99503 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Wow!! Another fabulous chapter...

Loved reading it ❤️

The story is growing interesting with each chapter... 

Can't wait for the next part... 😊

Tiiii thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nikki_srk

Wow!! Another fabulous chapter...

Loved reading it ❤️

The story is growing interesting with each chapter... 

Can't wait for the next part... 😊

Thank you! ❤️
I am glad you enjoyed it! 🤗

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Amazing as always! It will be great to see two jiddis fifht it out, also, why do i feel MJ isnt upset about his wife's death but there is somethong more to his illness?

Shivi_forever thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Interesting & mind blowing update👏

Mayra's interaction was interesting😊

Loved Rishi & Rudra's moment😊

Mj lost his mind after the fire, is there any other reason for his condition

Waiting for next

Tiiii thumbnail

Originally posted by: _._shibani_._

Amazing as always! It will be great to see two jiddis fifht it out, also, why do i feel MJ isnt upset about his wife's death but there is somethong more to his illness?

Thank you my dear! ❤️ 
Only time will tell 😉
Thank you for your reading! ❤️ 

Tiiii thumbnail

Originally posted by: katheriene

Interesting & mind blowing update👏

Mayra's interaction was interesting😊

Loved Rishi & Rudra's moment😊

Mj lost his mind after the fire, is there any other reason for his condition

Waiting for next

Thank you so much! ❤️ 
I shall answer your question one day 😁 

Tiiii thumbnail

Chapter 6

Formerly known as Jaysingh Mansion, Medasin Street, Outskirts of the City  

The next the day the two brothers headed out each to their own destinations.

Rudra once again found himself to be looking up at the palace, it was evident that life thrived at this place but now only a shadow was left.

There was this feeling that there is a lot behind the building in front of him, and a curiosity peeked in his mind. “If there is such history, I want to know” he said to himself.

Then he walked to the door, waiting for Nandini to let him in. She greeted him and he smiled back at her, before saying “looks like I’ll be here for a really long time” and chuckling. He went upstairs to his room and organized his stuff in the closet and on the table, before sitting down on his bed. “It’s like a mini vacation, except for the relaxing part” he said. He then took out his walkie-talkie and turned it on. “Looks like boss is on the other line” he mumbled. “You bet I am” Maya snapped, a smirk forming on her face. “Come to the library, we’ll talk there” she says and seemingly goes offline. “Will I ever see your highness’ face?” He asks, “maybe, someday” she replied. He’s startled and almost drops the device from his hands. “Dang, girl” he thought.

He quietly goes to the library and sits at a table and takes out Maya’s favorite book – Shesher Kobita. He was about to read it when he heard her call out “hey bookworm.” He could hear her smirk in her voice even though he couldn’t see her. He smiled and nodded his head. “Hey yourself fellow bookworm” he said, imitating her tone. Maya smiled, and asked “kemon acho?” Rudra turned around and looked at the window he thought she was near and said “bhalo,” before pausing to ask “Tumi kemon acho? You speak Bangla?” Maya snorted, and said “My favorite author is Robindronath Thakur, so yes I speak the language quite fluently” almost haughtily. Rudra narrowed his eyes and asked “Tai naaki?” Maya rolled her eyes, before smiling. She liked that he challenged her, that way she could challenge him too. It was like sparring, but verbally. “Definitely” she said.

Rudra remained quite for a second before asking “say Maya, how about a rapid fire round of random questions?” Maya was a bit taken aback. She narrowed her eyes and then said “Sure pretty boy” she said. “Ahh, do you admit I am good looking” he said and smirked. Maya’s face reddened, her mane turning into a darker shade of red. “I did not say that! Don’t flatter yourself” she said. Rudra grinned. He loved that it was quite easy to get under her skin.

“What is the meaning of the word kingkortobbobimooro?” Rudra asked, he picked this word because he couldn’t pronounce this word when he was a kid. She wouldn’t know this would she? She answered immediately “it means being confused, in a dilemma, like you don’t know what to do” He now asked “what do we say when the weather is neither too hot, nor too cold?” “Natishitoshno” Maya said. “When was the last time your favorite food?” “On my 18th birthday” Rudra nodded his head and then asked “How long ago did you vote?” he asked. “12 years ago” Maya replied. Then she suddenly said “you know if you’re curious about my age, you could just ask.” Rudra chuckled. “Well, were would be the fun if I don’t ask you random questions? That was the challenge remember?” he stated. Maya had the urge to smile.

“You know I could fire you for asking personal questions right?” Maya asked. “However you won’t because your highness, you threw a test my way and if you fire me, how will we determine a winner?” Rudra claimed. Maya shook her head. This guy had answers for all her questions and questions for her answers. Well, she’d take him on this!

Rudra chuckled inwardly; they were acting like kids at age 25 and 30 respectively! It felt comfortable to be talking to her like this, almost as if they’ve known each other for years.  

“What do you like about Shesher Kobita?” He suddenly asked. He knew that his mother owned this book. Part of him wanted to read it, and see why his mother also loved it so much.

Maya stared at him through the curtains for a second, and then replied, “Well, I think it’s more appropriate to say that I love the underlying meaning behind the poem. “Care to explain your highness?” Rudra asked. “I think Labonno, as in the heroine was right. Love as we know it is eternal but at the same time, ironically enough, not so serious” she said.

Rudra frowned at this. Why did his relationship with Sasha fall then? Is it because it was eternal for him, but not for her? 

Maya frowned. Why did the guy go silent all of a sudden? “Rudra?” Maya called out, breaking Rudra out of his trance. “Oh yes, I heard you comment. It’s definitely something to think about” Rudra said.

“Why do you like it so much?” he found himself asking. “I think it’s true” she started, before stating, “however, I would say this, that the reason why some may think it’s not serious is because people grow apart sometimes. Daily qualms takes away the rose colored glasses from in front of eyes.” 

Rudra thought, Is that why Sasha and he had fallen apart? Daily qualms took away the magic when they stayed together? 

Then he heard her say “but maybe, if people actually makes effort for their relationship, it could last, but only if the effort is mutual.”

“I made the effort” he thought. Rudra’s mind started to drift deeper in to his memories with Sasha, but Maya’s voice brought him back. “Rudra” Maya called out. “Yes Maya” he replied. Maya frowned, and asked gently “are you ok?” It was so soft, like a gentle breeze on your skin in a summer’s afternoon. Rudra replied to her “I am ok Maya.”

Maya nodded before asking “so, is our challenge over now?” She knew something was on Rudra’s mind and she wanted to make the situation seem not so awkward. “Or you could just leave him alone” her mind said to her.

Rudra gave a half smile. “Well, your highness. I can’t back out now. Can I? So. No. It’s still on,” he said. “I will win this round,” he  said.

"Is that a challenge?" Maya asked. "Yes" he said, arrogantly. 

“Then why are you quiet? Cat got your tongue?” Maya asked, almost coyly. Rudra smirked and said “well your majesty, I am sure the cat would prefer you more than me, because you know, curiosity killed the cat” “but satisfaction brought it back” rebuked Maya.

Rudra shook his head and then said “you have a comeback for everything huh?”

“You know me so well” she said, cheekily. 

“Do you think the good always wins?” Rudra asked. “Yes” Maya said softly. Rudra raised his eyebrows and asked, “why is that?” “The good always wins. Always” she said.

If Rudra saw her, he would see the fire in her eyes, daring to challenge her notion. Rudra didn’t know if he could completely agree. If good always won then why did Sasha go ahead and marry Oshim? They never got what they deserved. Then again, marrying someone who can’t respect relationships was probably punishment enough.

“Well your highness, may your words be true” he said. “Oh, they will. Today or tomorrow you’ll see” she said.

Just In Case Translations 

Kemon acho - how are you 

Tai naaki - really 

Tiiii thumbnail

Chapter 7

Jaysingh Mansion, Medasin Street, Outskirts of the City

Rudra paced inside his room, his mind still drifting back to Maya’s words. The memories from his past still haunted him. How did the woman he once thought he’d marry leave him? It has been 2 years since she left, yet he still struggled to find the answers.

He met Sasha when they were still in high school. Originally from the mountainous region known as Kaiev, which was on the Eastern region of the country, her parents had married and moved to the city, to start a new life. Her mother was a history fiend and thought the meaning of Sasha was beautiful; it meant defender of mankind. 

Some defender Sasha was indeed. Rudra bitterly thought. She defended Oshim, when Rudra and he had an argument. At first Rudra didn’t put any thought in it, but then it started to get slightly irritating, for she would always defend him. Even when Rudra was right.

He remembers the initial days of their relationship – fresh graduates from university, brimming with hopes and dreams. Rudra had moved out of his grandparents’ home long before that. He moved back to his childhood home, and Sasha was supposed to move in with him. Rishi was now living with him, and was happy that Rudra was taking the next step of his relationship with Sasha. It was the year Rudra felt that his family was complete. 

At first Rudra’s days with Sasha went great, and nights were filled with whispered promises and caresses. Then what changed? After a year Rishi had finished high school, ready to start attending university. 

It was the year Rishi went to an university outside of their hometown. It was also the year Rudra and Sasha's relationship started to show cracks. 

They would have fights almost everyday, over the littlest things. Some days Oshim would visit them, and Sasha seemed more comfortable with him than she was with Rudra. Then it started – unanswered phone calls, text messages received no replies. Then it transformed to “I can’t home tonight Rudra, there’s just so much work!”

It’s quite clichéd how he found out about them.

------------------------------

It was roughly a week after his 23rd birthday. Initially he decided to spend with Sasha, who later informed him it she had to travel out of the city for a presentation. As heartbroken as he was, he understood that she was busy. "I'll make it up to you" she said, before leaving. 

The optimist in Rudra saw that as a sign that everything will finally be ok. Rishi was supposed to come soon, having transferred to an university in their hometown, and it felt that his relationship with Sasha could be saved after all. 

Only if he knew. 

He was supposed to go out of the city for two days because he had to meet a client. However, the client had insisted they meet early. Rudra was happy, because it meant he could return early. 

They had an argument the night before, and Rudra thought returning early would pave the way for a nice surprise. 

Upon entering his home, he felt something was off. He walked to his room, and opened the door. There was Sasha, half dressed, kissing a half naked Oshim. The bouquet from Rudra’s hands fell, and so did the can of Sasha’s favorite drink – Malt chocolate milk.

The duo jumped apart and started to fix their clothes. Rudra clenched his fists and walked straight to the two. Sasha stood in front of Oshim defensively. “Don’t hurt him please” she muttered. “Oh, I won’t” Rudra seethed. Oshim now spoke up “don’t, don’t yell at Sasha.” “Oh really? You two have the nerve to literally get it on with each other and expect me to be quiet?” Rudra said and gritted his teeth. “I hate both of you” he said. He then pointed at Oshim and said, “you. Out. Of my home. Right. Now”

Oshim gulped. Sasha now exclaimed, “Rudra, he’s your best friend! We, we just got carried away!” Rudra laughed and said “really? Then I think you both should join Comedy Circle. They’re looking for new actors. You’d fit right in”

He then started, looking at Sasha “I loved you Sasha. I really did, but now, as today I no longer do. You can stay the night but I don’t want to see you here tomorrow” before pausing and then continued “it looks like you managed to earn a new lover. You’ll be just fine” his eyes drifted towards Oshim “and you. You are dead to me. Take your nasty a** out of home this f*cking night. You two can do whatever the h*ll you please but not in my home. Seriously you two are disgusting” he said, his reflecting nothing but disgust and hate for the duo, before walking away.

“He’ll come around” he heard Oshim say. “Pig” Rudra muttered.

--------------------------------

Rudra looked at his hands – his knuckles had turned white because he had made them into tight fists. How could those two do this to him? They had no remorse, no guilt for what they had done. When they were caught, shock was written on their faces. Rudra had always been honest and truthful to them. When Oshim was looking for a place to stay, because his landlord had thrown him out and he had no job, it was Rudra who helped him. When Sasha’s mom passed away, Rudra stayed by her side, often returning home late into the nights. He wouldn’t leave her side until she was sound asleep.

Alas they stomped on his heart!

----------------------------------

Few months after his encounter with the shameless duo, they had the audacity to send a wedding invitation to Rudra, insisting that they bury the hatchet and move on. Move on?! From what? Rudra had thought. Those two were getting married to each other while he was here, trying to heal from the scars he had given them! His little brother had been there, trying to help his older brother, so that he doesn't slip into darkness. 

Tonight as he laid on this bed at a faraway palace, he was still healing. Betrayal wasn’t something he forgot or forgave that easily. He drifted off to sleep, but not before remembering a certain princess’ words “it’s the soul that is essence of who we are. If the soul isn’t beautiful, the glittery cage cannot hold up.” It was true. The beauty on the inside is something we often overlook, forgetting how important it is. He didn’t know what the mysterious princess looked like, but she was quite beautiful.

Edited by Tahiti-1 - 4 years ago