MayRa FF - Beau and the Beast (Chapter 8 +9 updated on pg 5)

Tiiii thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hello there! This story was inspired by Disney’s Beauty and the Beast with a little hint of the original Beauty and the Beast. Some of the characters have been borrowed from the show while others are original characters that I made. It IS somewhat like a fairytale. The original plan was to complete it and then start posting it but I changed my mind 😆I have had this story for almost a week now. I hope you like it!

Prologue

Once upon a time, in a faraway palace,there lived a princess with a heart of gold. She had a horse named Blue. The princess also had a fiancé, her childhood love whom she was very excited to marry. Alas the princess’ dreams shattered one night! A big bad monster set the palace on fire, killing everyone. So he thought. The princess survived and her mother too. Nothing was ever the same again for this princess. Long gone was the kind gentle soul, and instead the entire kingdom saw a woman with a heart of stone! Locked up all day she was in a tall tower, built just for her after the accident. She promised never to be seen in public again.

“Why should I hold on to love for life or myself when it has lost all meaning?” she asked herself, staring at the mirror in her room. Her long luscious hair had lost its luster and her skin looked pale. Long gone was the kingdom’s princess and in front of her was standing a shell of her. “You have obligations to your kingdom” she told herself. “What kind of a ruler will I be when I can’t even take care of myself? How will I take care of others?” she asked herself, her bloodshot eyes tearing up just a little bit. “The kingdom will be better off without me. Mother is the acting ruler now. After that I don’t know” she said and took a deep breath.

Fate decided to be even crueler to her oneday.

An old man arrived at her palace and said that a curse befalls her family. On the 20th birthday, the women from her family become a beast. It all started when one of her ancestors betrayed the one who truly loved her. His beloved had pretended to love him andon the night before the princess’ marriage to a different man, the lover came to talk to her, only to be thrown away from the palace. The princess then said,“my beauty and money can buy this land and beyond, why would I love a low life rat like you?” Her ex lover looked at her shocked and found her ordering the guards to take him away and kill him. “Why?” he asked, his eyes watering up.“That’s because people like you should learn that people like me see you as unworthy. Nothing else” she said.

The heartbroken father said that his son’s mistake was to fall in love. He then cursed the vain princess saying that the princess and every single woman from her bloodline will turn into a beast on their 20th birthday and they’ll remain as such for the rest of theirl ives. “You’ll turn into what nightmares are made of” the father scream. “Red irises that glow in the dark, a cruel snarl will adorn your face!” He exclaimed, tears running down his eyes.

The princess had a red rose garden that she had loved – the princess felt it reflected her beauty. Now the man’s father said, “your beloved roses will all slowly turn black before they start to die,one by one as your death approaches.” “You’ll be what you truly are, a monster”he softly said.

Nobody believed the man, thinking that he was only grieving. That was until the princess’ 20th birthday rolled in and she became a beast. She screamed when she saw her face, and she tried pulling it off. “Get it off!” she screamed. Sadly, it wasn’t a mask, and the vain princess never found true love. She died a slow death, witnessing her beloved roses die one by one. After that every generation feared the birth of a daughter. They didn’t want daughters anymore and no daughter was born for centuries.  

“That all changed when you were born” the old man said to the sad princess. The princess’ father and the princess’ fiancéhad both known about the curse, but the fiancé agreed to marry the princess,saying “now the curse won’t take effect because we love each other.” The princess scoffed saying that now her face would match what fate had done to her soul. “I don’t care” she had said to he man, as she saw him sitting in their living room. “Child, you’re making a mistake! This curse cannot be broken!” he exclaimed. Her mother begged the man, stating that her child had just lost herfiancé and wasn’t in the mindset to marry. “Her ancestor was selfish! This is why the women are cursed!” he exclaimed.  The mother begged again, saying, “this is my daughter we’re talking about!” The old man’s heart softened at the mother’s plea and so he stated, “I could lessen the curse but I can’t break it but I will try my best.” Then he closed his eyes almost as if he is a trance. A little while later he opened his eyes. He then took out a paper from the air and gave it to the mother. “My dear the only way to break this curse is to find true love before her 20th birthday” he said. “I had found love you ignorant man!” she roared. “I had found love and that broke me!” she added. “I lost him, even before I could marry him, I gave him my heart and you’re telling me I never found love?” she seethed. “No child. The love I speak of is unselfish and unconditional. It also has to be mutual. While you loved him,true love is something only few is blessed with. However, if your love is true,as you speak of then you won’t turn into a beast” he said. The princess grew silent before saying “ok then, old man. We shall see.” 

After 2 years, the princess’ birthday rolled in. Nothing had happened yet and the princess knew in her heart that the old man’s predictions will prove to be wrong. “I have faith in our love” she said, staring at the clock. It was half past until midnight. Then she’ll be officially 20 and free from the so-called curse. 

Then it started.

The clock finally hit 12. 

The princess felt pain piercing through her veins, and her face was on fire. She screamed in pain, her tears running and soaking her gown wet. This couldn’t be happening! The curse shouldn’t affect her! Was her love not real then? What was the point of existing now?

The queen rushed to her daughter’s side and gasped in horror. Her daughter was unrecognizable. The princess turned around,and the reflective window showed her the truth. Brown fur covered her face, andher soft lips were now staring at her in a snarl. Het button nose had turned into a snout. Her soft hands were covered in fur, and her fingers had turned into claws. The only thing that didn’t change were her big brown eyes. Her lips quivered and she let out a bloodcurdling scream. Curse the ancestor who broke the man’s heart! Curse the day she thought she had found true love.

**Let me know if I should continue 🤔

It’s currently 10:51 pm here but I can’t sleep without mentioning this, fairytales sometimes portray the princess as a damsel in distress. Maya is not one and she won’t be one here either. The story takes a while to pick up so please be patient with me 😭 

This one will be a slow burn 👀

Prologue and 1: page 1 

Chap 2 to 4: page 2 

Chap 5: page 3 

Chap 6 and 7: page 4 

Chap 8 and 9: page 5

Edited by Tahiti-1 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tiiii thumbnail

Chapter 1

Present Day/10 Years Later

“So, did the princess find true love?”asked Zara, as she scooted closer to her older sister Nour. “Well, legend says that the princess is still waiting for her true love” Nour said, before tucking her sister in. “Do you think the princess will find her prince?” Zara asked,her big hazel eyes showing concern. Nour smiled down at her little sister before kissing her forehead. “Well, I am sure she will someday” she said,before adding, “now you go to bed princess! It’s getting late, and you have school tomorrow” Zara nodded in understanding before saying “goodnight Nooriappi. I love you.” “I love you too Zara bear” Nour said, putting one last kiss on her little sister’s forehead before coming out of her room.

“You told her the story of the beast princess again?” asked Rishi. He had learnt about the lonely princess from Nourand he found to be too sad for his taste. He was leaning on the wall outside Zara’s room, waiting for his girlfriend. “Well, she loves the story too much”Nour said and chuckled. “You didn’t even let me say goodnight to her” Rishisaid and pouted. “If she knows you’re here, she will refuse to sleep” Nour said and poked the tip of Rishi’s nose with her finger. Rishi scrunched his face before pulling Nour into his arms. “Ok. guilty as charged, but the night is still young for us adults” he said and kissed her cheek. Nour laughed softly.“Yes! Yes! As you says sire! Let’s go, we need to work on our project! Our presentation on Queen Nefertiti won’t finish itself” she said. The duo then walked towards the Nour’s family library. Her parents were out for the night,while her older sister was already doing her own studies at the library.

“Say, how did the story of the beast princess come to be?” asked Rishi, as Nour and him were sitting on a couch,having finish their project. “Well, Ayesha appi told me that there is an abandoned palace in the outskirts of the city. What stands out about the palace is the garden of black roses at the back” Nour said and looked at Ayesha, who was sitting on the sofa across them. Ayesha nodded her head and then added,“there was a family of 5 living in that mansion. On the night of the daughter’s wedding, a fire broke out, killing everyone. No one survived. What was surprising is that despite the whole palace being covered in flames, the left wing remained unscathed. Rumors started to spread soon after. People claimed to have seen the princess walking in the left wing, but it was never proven. There was a garden at the back full of black roses. People now made a legend based on this and the tragic accident, and thus the story of the beast princess came tobe.” “That’s sad” Rishi said, and Nour nodded in agreement. “It is. It has been almost 12 years since that night, yet the rumors never stopped” said Nour.“Well, whether it’s true or not, I hope the princess finds solace” said Rishi.

Abandoned Mansion, Outskirts of the City

“Mom, have you been trying to open profileonline for me again?” asked Maya as she walked towards Nandini. Nandini looked up at her daughter to find her brown irises looking awfully sad. “I am trying to set up a profile online, seeking for a assistant” Nandini said. “Oh mom, I told you I can take care of myself and this house, I don’t need anyone” Maya said, a little hurt. “My dear” Nandini started and got up before stroking Maya’s mane.“I know. I know but I think an assistant will be good. They can help you with your work and keep you company!” Nandini said. Maya took out her mother’s hand,in one of the gloved ones, now covering her claws, and said “Mom. You can see me. What makes you think that anyone can be my friend? How can I have an assistant when I can’t even interact with them?” “The right person will understand my dear. The right person will want to be your friend” Nandini said.Maya nodded a no. “Right person? When will you accept that a right person doesn’t exist? I don’t need a right person! I don’t need love!” she exclaimed,her eyes spilling. “Face it mom. Nothing will change. This is how I’d have to live with. For as long as I live” she said, sounding completely broken. She looked down, her shoulders sunk in defeat. “Goodnight mom” she said and left the room.

Nandini stared at her daughter’s retreating back and bit her lip, trying to stop her own tears from spilling. “No my child.This isn’t over. You’ll find one day. I promise you’ll find him one day” she said.

Maya stared out her window, looking at endless black. “Just like my life” she said softly. Other than the lights in the garden, there was no source of light outside. Sultan rubbed himself against her leg. A while ago, Nandini had gifted Maya a puppy. Much to Maya’s own surprise the puppy wasn’t scared. It made Maya genuinely happy for the very first time and she decided to name him Sultan.

Maya took Sultan in her arms and said“thank you for keeping me company” to which Sultan replied with a bark,followed by a lick on her face. She softly laughed. “I am glad you are hereSultan” she said and hugged the puppy.

That night, as the city and beyond slept,the lonely princess stayed awake, hugging her dog, trying to find the faint ray of night at the end of the tunnel.

At a restaurant, Central City 

A man stared blankly at the couple sitting across from him – a man and a woman staring into each other’s eyes. So much for love, or so they called it. Curse thing disease called love! He had known it as well, and it burnt him to his core. Flashes from the past came back. He remembered her quite vividly – the woman he once thought he would marry standing across from him. “Why are you here Sasha?” he asked, his patience seemingly wearing thin. The grey eyed woman winced at his tone before saying“Rudra, it was a mistake! I never meant to kiss Oshim!” “Don’t say his name!Mistake? Cheating is not a mistake! You chose to do it. You chose to kiss the man I once thought was my best friend!” he exclaimed, his anger quite evident.“Please Rudra! Forgive me. It won’t happen again. I promise” she said. Rudra scoffed, and said, “you’re right. It won’t, because I don’t want to see you orthat guy ever again” he said and closed the door, feeling his heart breaking in half. He heard her call out his name once, then twice, and finally she left.Along with leaving a shell of man Rudra once was.

“Dada?” Rishi called out, breaking Rudra’s trance. Rudra looked up at her brother and said “hey kiddo” with a smile. Rishi folded his arms and frowned. “I am not a kid! I am 21! An adult!” he exclaimed.“Yes and I am 25. So who wins here?” Rudra said and got up, before hugging his younger brother. Rishi pouted and hugged his older brother back. “Did yourclient leave?” asked the younger Roy brother. “Yes, he just left. I am quite happy with how the meeting went. Speaking of which, weren’t you supposed to beat Nour’s for a project?” asked Rudra. “Oh yes! It’s done!” Rishi exclaimed.“So, we can go home?” Rudra asked, slightly amused. He couldn’t believe his little brother had all grown up and even took the responsibility to drive them both home. “Yep. Let’s go. It has been a long day” Rishi said and sighed. Rudrachuckled, and nodded his head in understanding. 

Roy Mansion, Central City

“You know I was wondering,” Rishi started at breakfast, tearing up a croissant before putting it in his mouth. Rudra raised his eyebrows, indicating Rishi continues. “I am graduating soon, and Iwas thinking of starting to apply for jobs” Rishi said. Rudra nodded and said“yes, you should” before pausing to ask “any plans in terms of career?” “Yes! Iwas thinking of going into the an administrative role, you know like becoming an administrative assistant, before working my way up” Rishi said. “Ok, nice.Look into entry level jobs, or you can even work as my assistant for a while!”Rudra said. Rishi nodded his head in understanding, before saying “actually, I found something already, it’s on Medasin road.” “Medasin road? That’s like on the outskirts of the city. Are you sure?” Rudra stated, frowning. “Oh come on.It was on a reliable job search engine!” Rishi exclaimed. “Okaay. What’s the role?” Rudra asked, raising one of his eyebrows. “It’s a personal assistant job, the qualifications are pretty basic: good communication skills, positive attitude, and good organizational skills” Rishi said. Rudra nodded in understanding and said, “I dunno kid” “Dada please. It’s gonna be fine. I promise I won’t go alone. I’ll take Oshok uncle with me” Rishi said and huffed. “Ok. If you are taking uncle with you then I guess I can let you go, but there are conditions” Rudra said. Rishi sighed and said, “yes sir. Whatever you say.”Rudra sent a soft glare at Rishi’s way before saying “you have to call me as soon as you reach. Text me midday and if anything, I mean anything fishy happens. Lastly call me as soon as you’re done.” “Ok dada” Rishi started, “I’ll keep you updated. Promise” he said. 

Chapter 2, 3 - page 2 

Chapter 4, 5 - page 3 

Edited by Tahiti-1 - 4 years ago
Tiaraa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Awesome update🤗

Totally waiting for him to meet her and fall in love.

Please update asap🤗

Armu4eva thumbnail

Wow wonderful concept. Love it. 🤗

Very well written dear👍🏼

Tiiii thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tiaraa

Awesome update🤗

Totally waiting for him to meet her and fall in love.

Please update asap🤗

Thank you my dear! I really appreciate it! ☺️🤗

Tiiii thumbnail

Originally posted by: Armu4eva

Wow wonderful concept. Love it. 🤗

Very well written dear👍🏼

Really? I am glad you think so! ☺️ 
I hope I can do a good job! 
Thank you for your comment! 🤗

Shivi_forever thumbnail