Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Katrina as #1 - I wanna see their 90s list, I better see Farida Jalal in Top 3 with her hits (DDLJ, Raja Hindustani, Dil To Pagal Hai, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai) 

don’t be silly, are you putting female lead Katrina in the same bracket as supporting character actress together lol

harun98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MunnaBadnamHua

LMAO akki 2 amir 4 🤣

Aamir has done far less movies and failure with thugs of Hindustan affected him, if we go by that logic Sunny Deol should be number with gaddar 2000 to 20009.

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Thriller Tribe

You do have a point.

In fact I went to see Dhoom:3 in the cinema and the MAIN attraction for me personally was to see Kamli on the big screen <3 [also, MAJOR credit to Vaibhavi Merchant who I'm a big fan of being a dancer myself]

I also have said in the past, Chikni Chameli was a big reason for Agneepath's success.

But Jab Tak Hai Jaan? Hell no. Nobody went for her, she was last in the list: Yash Chopra > Aditya Chopra > SRK > Anushka Sharma > AR Rahman > Katrina Kaif.

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan - Imran Khan was on par with Ranbir at that point of time. It was the whole package that was appealing to audiences. Katrina wasn't known for her acting, so nobody went to see it for that reason.

No when MBKD released imran was giving flops back to back he was no way at par with ranbir 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: harun98

Aamir has done far less movies and failure with thugs of Hindustan affected him, if we go by that logic Sunny Deol should be number with gaddar 2000 to 20009.

Like I keep saying I’m 10 years he had 7 releases. 3 historic hits but the other 4 were at best average of not flops. But id still put him 3 and srk 4 

harun98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Like I keep saying I’m 10 years he had 7 releases. 3 historic hits but the other 4 were at best average of not flops. But id still put him 3 and srk 4 

true 3rd would be deserving position, akki being second is also deserving the man has giving 15 to 16 clean hits last decade that too without big festival release, people are blind if they can’t acknowledge that. Ajay Devgan deserves to be 4th even 3rd would not be unfair.

shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

No when MBKD released imran was giving flops back to back he was no way at par with ranbir 

Yes, he was. Let's not act like a revisionist coz the dude did phase and die out eventually lol. And naaa leading up to MBKD, he wasn't giving "back to back" flops. His movies more or less opened at the same level as Ranbir Kapoor. Please don't rebuttal with "acting" eh because at the box office, both were at par at the time. Hell one could make an argument, Imran was actually better at the box office.

7Mere Brother Ki Dulhan09 Sep 201157,40,50,000Hit
6Delhi Belly01 Jul 201154,83,75,000Hit

5Break Ke Baad26 Nov 201016,86,25,000Flop
4I Hate Luv Storys02 Jul 201043,46,75,000Hit
3Luck24 Jul 200921,03,25,000Flop
2Kidnap02 Oct 200820,49,50,000Flop
1Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na04 Jul 200855,62,25,000Super Hit

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/actor.php?actorid=46

Ranbir Kapoor at the time. 

7Anjaana Anjaani01 Oct 201040,05,00,000Average
6Raajneeti04 Jun 201092,37,50,000Super Hit
5Rocket Singh: Salesman Of The Year11 Dec 200920,18,75,000Below Average
4Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani06 Nov 200962,84,75,000Super Hit
3Wake Up Sid02 Oct 200927,94,50,000Semi Hit
2Bachna Ae Haseeno15 Aug 200836,19,00,000Semi Hit
1Saawariya09 Nov 200720,92,00,000Disaster

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/actor.php?actorid=11

Edited by shogun - 4 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

You do have a point.

In fact I went to see Dhoom:3 in the cinema and the MAIN attraction for me personally was to see Kamli on the big screen <3 [also, MAJOR credit to Vaibhavi Merchant who I'm a big fan of being a dancer myself]

I also have said in the past, Chikni Chameli was a big reason for Agneepath's success.

But Jab Tak Hai Jaan? Hell no. Nobody went for her, she was last in the list: Yash Chopra > Aditya Chopra > SRK > Anushka Sharma > AR Rahman > Katrina Kaif.

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan - Imran Khan was on par with Ranbir at that point of time. It was the whole package that was appealing to audiences. Katrina wasn't known for her acting, so nobody went to see it for that reason.

opinions and tounge everyone has, so I will not question your opinion.

but stop dont present your opinion as facts, like Anushka Sharma being a bigger pull than Katrina in JTHJ. Your preference order doesnt represent everyone, the biggest selling point of JTHJ was "KING OF BOLLYWOOD and BARBIE DOLL OF BOLLYWOOD" are coming together. The reason why movie wasnt a blockbuster which everyone thought it would be was because the biggest selling point, turned out to be bad, as SRK-Katrina pairing flopped, if Katrina was such a non-factor, than movie would have a hit, like all crappy yashraj romantics.

As for MBKD, you do realise people in India, go to watch stars, not actors, Katrina not being a good actress, does not reduce her appeal in full blown commercial movies. Yes Imran Khan and Ranbir were in same plane during 2011, that is below Katrina.

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Thriller Tribe

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

opinions and tounge everyone has, so I will not question your opinion.

but stop dont present your opinion as facts, like Anushka Sharma being a bigger pull than Katrina in JTHJ. Your preference order doesnt represent everyone, the biggest selling point of JTHJ was "KING OF BOLLYWOOD and BARBIE DOLL OF BOLLYWOOD" are coming together. The reason why movie wasnt a blockbuster which everyone thought it would be was because the biggest selling point, turned out to be bad, as SRK-Katrina pairing flopped, if Katrina was such a non-factor, than movie would have a hit, like all crappy yashraj romantics.

As for MBKD, you do realise people in India, go to watch stars, not actors, Katrina not being a good actress, does not reduce her appeal in full blown commercial movies. Yes Imran Khan and Ranbir were in same plane during 2011, that is below Katrina.

How was ranbir behind katrina in 2011. Rockstar released on 11 nov 2011 opening day around 11 cr

Mere brother ki dulhan released on 9th sept 2011 opening day around 8 cr

Delhi Belly released on 1st june 2011 opening day 6 cr 

Matlab kuch bhi

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

How was ranbir behind katrina in 2011. Rockstar released on 11 nov 2011 opening day around 11 cr

Mere brother ki dulhan released on 9th sept 2011 opening day around 8 cr

Delhi Belly released on 1st june 2011 opening day 6 cr 

Matlab kuch bhi

ah didnt realised Rockstar released on 2011. Yes by that time he took over his contemparies.

Box office india declared kat as number one actress of decade and there is one person who thibks her opinion  as fact. You are not more reliable than box office india. Deal with it. Kat is number one actress of decade and was ruling kareena in last 2000s too😳

Edited by Ronaldo_fan - 4 years ago