Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

You think Anushka doesn't have fans 

She vanished or something like Amelia Earhart 🤣

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Katrina as #1 - I wanna see their 90s list, I better see Farida Jalal in Top 3 with her hits (DDLJ, Raja Hindustani, Dil To Pagal Hai, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai) 

bakhtaavar thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

You think Anushka doesn't have fans and Shraddha does??

This is the list based on a whole decade...not just the last 2 years...

any ways....all these lists are a joke anyways....Akki over Aamir?? yeah right...lol.

if you count virat kohli fans who support her then yes she has . 

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

LMAO akki 2 amir 4 🤣

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Katrina as #1 - I wanna see their 90s list, I better see Farida Jalal in Top 3 with her hits (DDLJ, Raja Hindustani, Dil To Pagal Hai, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai) 

Invalid comparison. Nobody went to  see Farida in the theatre.

Whereas for a lot Katrina's movies, she was the audience pull-in factor. 

The decade started with Sheila Ki Jaawani, we all know what a rage that was. Katrina was a factor.

She then had a strong movie, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan - opened at 7CR all the way in 2011! HUGE!....Raazi opened at that number! Katrina was the only factor here. same actor with Kareena gave a 5 cr opening. 

Ek Tha Tiger opened at 30CR....the same Dabang opened at 19....Katrina WAS a factor. 

Chikni Chameli - People went to the theatre just for that song! It was all over Youtube audience reviews. 

Jab Tak Hai Jaan- 12Cr opening - despite horrible reviews and awful everything. Still a hit. 

Dhoom-3 Also a big hit. Katrina was a factor as her songs were a huge pull-in point for the audiences.

Yes she then had a string of flops but bounced back with Tiger Zinda hai and an acclaimed performance in Zero. 

I do think her peak started in about 2008, so if we can include those two years in this past decade shes def gold. 

Rekha_ji thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Invalid comparison. Nobody went to  see Farida in the theatre.

Whereas for a lot Katrina's movies, she was the audience pull-in factor. 

The decade started with Sheila Ki Jaawani, we all know what a rage that was. Katrina was a factor.

She then had a strong movie, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan - opened at 7CR all the way in 2011! HUGE!....Raazi opened at that number! Katrina was the only factor here. same actor with Kareena gave a 5 cr opening. 

Ek Tha Tiger opened at 30CR....the same Dabang opened at 19....Katrina WAS a factor. 

Chikni Chameli - People went to the theatre just for that song! It was all over Youtube audience reviews. 

Jab Tak Hai Jaan- 12Cr opening - despite horrible reviews and awful everything. Still a hit. 

Dhoom-3 Also a big hit. Katrina was a factor as her songs were a huge pull-in point for the audiences.

Yes she then had a string of flops but bounced back with Tiger Zinda hai and an acclaimed performance in Zero. 

I do think her peak started in about 2008, so if we can include those two years in this past decade shes def gold. 

You do have a point.

In fact I went to see Dhoom:3 in the cinema and the MAIN attraction for me personally was to see Kamli on the big screen <3 [also, MAJOR credit to Vaibhavi Merchant who I'm a big fan of being a dancer myself]

I also have said in the past, Chikni Chameli was a big reason for Agneepath's success.

But Jab Tak Hai Jaan? Hell no. Nobody went for her, she was last in the list: Yash Chopra > Aditya Chopra > SRK > Anushka Sharma > AR Rahman > Katrina Kaif.

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan - Imran Khan was on par with Ranbir at that point of time. It was the whole package that was appealing to audiences. Katrina wasn't known for her acting, so nobody went to see it for that reason.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan - Imran Khan was on par with Ranbir at that point of time. It was the whole package that was appealing to audiences. Katrina wasn't known for her acting, so nobody went to see it for that reason.

I agree that Katrina is not number 1 of this time period I’d say Deepika is. But ironically MBKD was one of Katrinas better Acting performances. It was situation comedy and she rocked it. ⭐️

s4santu thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

You do have a point.

In fact I went to see Dhoom:3 in the cinema and the MAIN attraction for me personally was to see Kamli on the big screen <3 [also, MAJOR credit to Vaibhavi Merchant who I'm a big fan of being a dancer myself]

I also have said in the past, Chikni Chameli was a big reason for Agneepath's success.

But Jab Tak Hai Jaan? Hell no. Nobody went for her, she was last in the list: Yash Chopra > Aditya Chopra > SRK > Anushka Sharma > AR Rahman > Katrina Kaif.

Well all the guys bunked afternoon classes and went to the movie only for Kat, that too in a small town in Karnataka and no one hero or director whatever

Rekha_ji thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I agree that Katrina is not number 1 of this time period I’d say Deepika is. But ironically MBKD was one of Katrinas better Acting performances. It was situation comedy and she rocked it. ⭐️

Yes, she was surprisingly really good in the film. Same with Zero. People didn't really expect to see it. Although the 8 years in between those 2 films, there was no performance of note.