The first 4 weeks: My Review

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Heads up- going to be a long post.

Okay, got to be honest here, Ekta is not really known for her STORYTELLING so I didn't have a lot of expectations from it and unsurprisingly, it hasn't exceeded expectations. 
So what made me watch this show? Not YHM. I quit watching YHM in 2014-15, when it stopped being about the "social cause" it supposedly set out to portray. I recently watched The Family Man and was really, really impressed with the powerhouse of talent called Abrar Qazi. He was SO good in that, I'm afraid that YHC, no matter how popular it gets, will never be able to do justice to his talent.

The good things:

1. Rudraksh Khurana. He is VERY GOOD. I have never been a fan of ITV actors because I didn't think none of them were great actors to begin with. But he is good and the credit has to go to the writers for not making him one-note. I'm glad that Rudraksh has a lot of layers to him. For starters, he's cool and flamboyant but not your typical hot-headed guy. His bond with Rajeev and his stepmother are heartwarming. I like that he has a fun, silly side and not just always angry. Compared to other male leads, he's quite smart. He knows how to get his work done. All in all, he is NOT that typical guy who epitomises toxic masculinity, which I am so grateful for because it's 2020 after all. 

2. Vasudha Srinivasan: Really glad that they chose an actual Tamilian to play this part. Yes, the "Venkateshwara" and "vendam" is overdone but it's better she does it than somebody else. I feel that it's okay to show a South Indian character and family but when you don't have South Indian actors or actors who can actually pull off the little words easily, it borders on being comical. In that sense, Indira Krishnan is really the redeeming factor. 

3. Prisha-Saransh bond: They're very cute. Honestly, Ishita-Ruhi were so good that I was a bit skeptical but SarSha are as cute <3

The Bad:

1. Ahaana and Yuvraj are interesting characters and portrayed exceedingly well by Aishwarya and Siddharth but they are mundanely one-note. I'd like to see a bit more internal conflicts or maybe more shades to their personality than just the routine power-and-money-hungry side. Maybe they could've shown that Yuvraj maybe actually does have a soft corner for Prisha? What is making Ahana so money minded? These are the stereotypical villains, enjoyable to watch yes, but would've liked to see some more traits to make it a bit interesting.

2. Nok-Jhok wali story: DONE TO DEATH on ITV. Would've liked a different start to their story.

3. The countless cliche moments: Is it so wrong for us to expect a bit of nuance in 2020?

4. Prisha-Yuvraj back story: Thoda would've liked to see how exactly Prisha started liking Yuvraj. Even their "fake" relationship seems abrupt to me because in one episode he calls her his best friend and the next he's proposing. So a bit of effort could've been put into that.

It's quite engaging but I swear to god, if it goes down the forced marriage and boy-torturing-girl route, I'll stop watching it.

Would love to know your views!

There is too much SS given to Yuvraj and they should cut down on it and show more of Rudr-Preesha-Saaransh scenes 

Thanks for the review!

For me the good is

-Rudra and rajeev bond in the dysfunctional family they have its only them and their step mom who are nice enough people. Interesting thing is as the ML rudra might be all smart in front of the world but he is still so scared of his dad and ahana as well. You usually don't see this in the ML but in the FL. So maybe the FL will come and rescue her hero from the evil dad and bhabhi lol

-Preesha and saransh are adorable and as a whole the family seems normal no drama there. GPS and vasu have raised good kids and its sad mahima who seemed like a solid person died and rajeev was too scared to fight for her. Its sad that the ML family is the reason this cute little family is going to be in so much further pain in the future coz they were doing pretty well before rudra came into their life barring the yuvraj factor lol

-Rudra saransh friendship bond is cute too and its sad this bond will further at the cost of rajeevs life i guess they couldnt have rudra be the dad figure for saransh unless rajeev died. Rudra will become for saransh what rajeev was for him all their lives and what rajeev wanted to do for saransh

-The actors seem pretty good Abrar, Indraneil are good and so are the supporting actors. I think sargun's preesha isnt angsty enough for some lol but why should she have to be all emo her character is a full grown woman with a job and good family and only issue is her being a mom to a cute little boy and also the fact she is allowed to be in love with a guy of her free will lol

-So glad we didnt have yuvraj conning them start from the show itself but was already established otherwise ppl already complaining about the yuvraj preesha jodi would have to see them fall in fake love lol As for gps and preesha being fooled well yuvraj seems like a good conman for sure he is a judge at such a young age he must be a smart guy for sure lol

Bad

-Ahana is done well by ash but she is just annoying like she has no real goal in life except to snag a rich hubby for herself and her sister when they already are so rich? and its ok if they are not happy? she is just shown so mean and petty it gets annoying really fast. Yuvraj is annoying but his internal commentary makes him funny and entertaining sometimes lol

-The same hate love story and this whole rajeev dying bit and preesha being at fault. How long will she get punished for something she probably didnt do and how much will they destroy rudraksh to make him an AYM or mcp to show the tashan and nok jhok lol

Will watch the show till ekta does her magic on it and messes it up lol

Originally posted by manny136

Thanks for the review!

For me the good is

-Rudra and rajeev bond in the dysfunctional family they have its only them and their step mom who are nice enough people. Interesting thing is as the ML rudra might be all smart in front of the world but he is still so scared of his dad and ahana as well. You usually don't see this in the ML but in the FL. So maybe the FL will come and rescue her hero from the evil dad and bhabhi lol

-Preesha and saransh are adorable and as a whole the family seems normal no drama there. GPS and vasu have raised good kids and its sad mahima who seemed like a solid person died and rajeev was too scared to fight for her. Its sad that the ML family is the reason this cute little family is going to be in so much further pain in the future coz they were doing pretty well before rudra came into their life barring the yuvraj factor lol

-Rudra saransh friendship bond is cute too and its sad this bond will further at the cost of rajeevs life i guess they couldnt have rudra be the dad figure for saransh unless rajeev died. Rudra will become for saransh what rajeev was for him all their lives and what rajeev wanted to do for saransh

-The actors seem pretty good Abrar, Indraneil are good and so are the supporting actors. I think sargun's preesha isnt angsty enough for some lol but why should she have to be all emo her character is a full grown woman with a job and good family and only issue is her being a mom to a cute little boy and also the fact she is allowed to be in love with a guy of her free will lol

-So glad we didnt have yuvraj conning them start from the show itself but was already established otherwise ppl already complaining about the yuvraj preesha jodi would have to see them fall in fake love lol As for gps and preesha being fooled well yuvraj seems like a good conman for sure he is a judge at such a young age he must be a smart guy for sure lol

Bad

-Ahana is done well by ash but she is just annoying like she has no real goal in life except to snag a rich hubby for herself and her sister when they already are so rich? and its ok if they are not happy? she is just shown so mean and petty it gets annoying really fast. Yuvraj is annoying but his internal commentary makes him funny and entertaining sometimes lol

-The same hate love story and this whole rajeev dying bit and preesha being at fault. How long will she get punished for something she probably didnt do and how much will they destroy rudraksh to make him an AYM or mcp to show the tashan and nok jhok lol

Will watch the show till ekta does her magic on it and messes it up lol

In today’s episode, Rajiv sends some letter to Raman Bhalla. I guess Raman will come and exonerate Preesha. 

Abrar Qazi is indeed a brilliant actor. Rudraksh is not a regular hot-headed guy and he’s not very self-obsessed as well. A very intelligent character. I hope he handles the Rajiv-death situation in a smart manner. Marrying Preesha would be the EK move which she’s very likely to showcase here. 

I agree abrar is a very good actor and a charmer he gives a whole new dimensiom to Rudraksh Khurana,EK only can write a character as per her view of what she wants in her character but giving the character life and soul is in the hands of the actor and Rudraksh Khurana is tailor made character for abrar he literally lives the character

i agree what i seein Rudraksh,he is intelligent by hook or crook he knows how to handle a situation and succeed it too BUT that is to the world in his home there is fear for his father and lack of confidence to raise his voice to him when his father is doing something wrong and since he has been grown up in a atmosphere that everyone fears his father he can do nothing much to abt it,he needs to muster the courage to raise his voice to his father and preesha-saransh will take the fear out of his heart and instill confidence in him to fight the injustice done in his home becos mother-son duo doesn't tolerate injustice..he has many dynamics in him makes him an intetesting character...he is intelligent and smart at the same cool and flamboyant at the same he has anger in him at the same fear and lack of confidence and his dependable side on his brother rajeev,in my eyes he is more human with strengths and flaws,he doesn't tolerate injustice and doesn't support the wrong 

i love preesha-saransh bond too there is warmth and love in their relationship and preesha has instill good values and upbringing in saransh the boy knows the rights and wrongs...she became what her elder sister mahima was for her that is 'A Mother'

the friendship b/w saransh-rudraksh is beautiful and sweet and yes like someone say rudraksh will fulfill a father's responsibilities for saransh just like rajeev did for him and what rajeev wanted to do for saransh as a father

as the for the vamps and villains they are typical EK ones