Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CottonWorld thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Even if I ignore the personal attack, I don't think your question deserves an answer.

And it's struck, not striked (can't ignore bad grammar).

Thank you for correcting that...wish my keypad was just as helpful as you were in doing so.

Anyways....sorry for the grammatical error.

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Shraddha does not play flowerpot roles all the time! Don't forget about Stree, she got the most prominent role in it and got many many praises by the audience and critics. Among her past works she got immense popularity after doing Aashiqui 2, she didn't have any flowerpot role there either.

Guneet80 thumbnail
Most Comments (October 2021) 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: CottonWorld

Thank you for correcting that...wish my keypad was just as helpful as you were in doing so.

Anyways....sorry for the grammatical error.

Why are you saying sorry to her ?  It's a mistake which everyone does. 

Perfect English isn't everything. You logic was completely clear.😊

Sociopath thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

So actresses like Katrina and Shraddha have made a career playing flowerpot roles and getting lots of love and popularity for the same. After all, they also feature in top 5 of Omaxe list and other lists too which measure popularity. They have edged out Kangana, Vidya who often act in female-centric movies.

But my question is: is this stardom tenable in the long run? After all, playing itsy-bitsy roles in commercial movies with big heroes is easy. Isn't the real test of stardom when you carry a film on your shoulders? Or are flowerpot/decorative roles equally challenging?

Discuss.

Chappak flopped so Dp failed the test then.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Sociopath

Chappak flopped so Dp failed the test then.

Chapaak has DP playing an acid attack victim and cinema is a visual medium. So, there are other external factors at play.

She has already proved herself successful with Piku earlier.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Chapaak has DP playing an acid attack victim and cinema is a visual medium. So, there are other external factors at play.

She has already proved herself successful with Piku earlier.

Exactly. This shows maybe her time has passed 

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

Tapsee is bigger star than DP by your logic  ðŸ¤¡. 

Edited by Peek-A-Boo - 4 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Peek-A-Boo

Tapsee is bigger star than DP by your logic  ðŸ¤¡. 

Maybe in 2020 she is but throughout both actresses careers Id say Deepika still 

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Maybe in 2020 she is but throughout both actresses careers Id say Deepika still 

I know DP is. My point is OP’s post is really flawed since she brings a Piku to prove DP’s selling power on her own which had AB Sr too( just like Pink and Badla had AB Sr). 

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

No she hasn't failed the test. The movie was a grim subject, portraying her as disfigured, and clashed with a biggie. Please take all factors into account. It still opened at a respectable 4 crores, more than Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut, Rani Mukherjee and Sonam Kapoor's latest films.

@bold I don't understand this excuse given by all DP fans here, Rani portrayed a blind bland looking girl in black, why did it work? Because the movie was well made, isn't it?