Is stardom based on flowerpot roles real stardom?

Posted: 4 years ago

So actresses like Katrina and Shraddha have made a career playing flowerpot roles and getting lots of love and popularity for the same. After all, they also feature in top 5 of Omaxe list and other lists too which measure popularity. They have edged out Kangana, Vidya who often act in female-centric movies.

But my question is: is this stardom tenable in the long run? After all, playing itsy-bitsy roles in commercial movies with big heroes is easy. Isn't the real test of stardom when you carry a film on your shoulders? Or are flowerpot/decorative roles equally challenging?

Discuss.

IF Deepika fans ki personal Shaleena striked again ðŸ˜†

After all, playing itsy-bitsy roles in commercial movies with big heroes is easy. Isn't the real test of stardom when you carry a film on your shoulders? Or are flowerpot/decorative roles equally challenging?

Chapaak nahi chal rahi aisi time par aise question puch rahe ho?

Who says which film has good or bad roles. Even class cinema like 3 Idiots and Kaminey didnt have strong roles for women but the actresses didnt face the same backlash as they do in male oriented action film. I think its upto an actor/actress to make the role spark (whatever role it is) 

End of the day being apart of a successful film is the best thing 

Originally posted by CottonWorld

After all, playing itsy-bitsy roles in commercial movies with big heroes is easy. Isn't the real test of stardom when you carry a film on your shoulders? Or are flowerpot/decorative roles equally challenging?

Even if I ignore the personal attack, I don't think your question deserves an answer.

And it's struck, not striked (can't ignore bad grammar).

Originally posted by CottonWorld

And Deepu failed that test. Wah wah! Wah wah!

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Who says which film has good or bad roles. Even class cinema like 3 Idiots and Kaminey didnt have strong roles for women but the actresses didnt face the same backlash as they do in male oriented action film. I think its upto an actor/actress to make the role spark (whatever role it is) 

End of the day being apart of a successful film is the best thing 

I agree with your last sentence, but my question is more about the stardom which is built on doing next to nothing in successful films. For e.g. - Shraddha Kapoor plays small parts in 100 crore films, but when it comes to Haseena Parker, the movie opens at 1 crore. Does she have box-office pull? 

Originally posted by mintyblue

I agree with your last sentence, but my question is more about the stardom which is built on doing next to nothing in successful films. For e.g. - Shraddha Kapoor plays small parts in 100 crore films, but when it comes to Haseena Parker, the movie opens at 1 crore. Does she have box-office pull? 

Shradda's film Chichore did well no ?

Originally posted by zoinks

And Deepu failed that test. Wah wah! Wah wah!

No she hasn't failed the test. The movie was a grim subject, portraying her as disfigured, and clashed with a biggie. Please take all factors into account. It still opened at a respectable 4 crores, more than Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut, Rani Mukherjee and Sonam Kapoor's latest films.

Katrina carried New York, MBKDH which are not typical masala fares and was a major contributor to Tiger series success ( Zoya is not a typical flowerpot character) so try harder next time .

Originally posted by mintyblue

Even if I ignore the personal attack, I don't think your question deserves an answer.

And it's struck, not striked (can't ignore bad grammar).

@bold when you drop down to grammar, it's evident you have no points to argue about. ðŸ¤£

Bad grammar hi sahi but that person's logic is intact. 

When will we Indians stop taking pride in speaking perfect English? 

It's just a language for God's sake not something to feel superior about. ðŸ˜†