Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

paytonlee123 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

In my opinon we should stop comparing S1 with S2. It brings in too much fanwars. No one is going to change their minds how they feel about maya, arjun and saanjh so why even argue. Agree to disagree and move on. The show is over and lets focus on S2

stormfly13 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: BeyondHorizon

I still don't get y the other characters were showered with so much hate in S1. I get it, Saanjh was annoying. But as a character she was no where close to black. Was she wrong in loving her best friend she had known for years? She is a human after all and she was bound to feel bad when she found out Arjun loved Maya and feel bad about it. Its easy to say u should be big hearted enough to let go of the person u love but its not easy. Yet she did that but if she chose to stay with Arjun as his friend there is absolutely nothing wrong in it. Coming to Vandana, she had already sensed something was off about Maya when she first saw her at the party. It was her intuition warning her all the time that Maya is not right. Maya's miscarriage was again an accident as Maya fell and there was nothing Vandana could have done to prevent it but yet Vandana was blamed again. I agree she could have been nicer towards Maya after the marriage but even that would not have stopped Maya from turning against her at one time like she did with Ayaan. Ayaan was also accused of molesting her when he did nothing of the sort. Yes he got rough with her but only because his brother was drugged and he feared for his life. But yet I saw some members in the forum back then call him a rapist and what not? Even Maya's mom was not spared just coz she chose Saanjh over Maya. Who the hell in their right mind will prefer a daughter who tried to kill her multiple times that too when she was in a helpless state? As for Arjun, he was a shallow character right from the start and the million dollar question will always be whatever did he do for people to make him their no. 1 priority in life? Arjun was also blamed for not keeping his promise to Maya but other than that one promise she made to Arjun for loving him forever what did Maya ever do? She broke his family apart, played horrible games with them and his best friend and her family, yet Maya was sympathised and everyone else blamed for her actions? All for what? Just because she had an abusive childhood? Sorry but that's a pathetic excuse to defend anybody. The only problem with S1 was that makers did not focus on other characters well to bring out their POV which made audience sympathise and justify Maya at each step. But to be honest, if anyone bothered to look beyond Maya they would not have found the other characters entirely black. They were all human at the end of the day.

Coming to S2, Ananya is bound to get wary of Maya when she senses Rudra getting close to her. Maya is mysterious and besides the obvious fact that Ananya might get jealous for Rudra falling for someone else, its hard for anyone to bring themselves to trust Maya, given the mystery surrounding her. As a friend she would not want Rudra to get close to Maya for this reason too. Maya might be out for revenge for what happened with her but she isn't playing it fair either. I don't think Ananya, Rudra or Rishi were in anyway responsible for what happened. Maya targeting them is wrong on all levels. 

P. S - Sorry about the long rant on s1 but the hypocrisy of Maya fans/sympathizers or whatever one would like to call them back then was nerve grating when all anyone ever wanted in that forum was to pick out a flaw in other characters to support Maya's evil deeds all in the name of her bad past. What Maya did in the present was by her choice with full conscience and no one other than Maya is accountable for it.

Ok I agree with you on some points. But first of all you can call a character hypocrite but using the word hypocrisy for the forum members is highly unacceptable. 

And now let's talk about the show. 

Regarding season one. 

Vandana: Yes she sensed some problem in Maya. But we are living in 21st century. What kind of a person believes the words of the Pandit soo deeply (don't want to hurt anyone's feelings about anything) that they just turn their mind off and start judging that a person the Vandana judged Maya. Maya tried her best to win Vandana's heart. She begged in front of her. She offered to spend some time with her. She didn't give her one chance. Agree that Maya's father was a bad man but Janvi did love him. And when he died on the Maya's wedding day what did she do??? She kept ranting about how she wished Sanjh to be Arjun's bride. What kind of a person does that? She even said 'Jab Maya safed rang pahenti thi to duniya me rang tha. Maya ne rang ke kapre pahen na shuru kiye to duniya se rang hi ghayab ho gaye'. And when Maya got hurt during grihaprabesh she started talking about shagun and abshagun instead of helping her. Was that behaviour acceptable??? I don't think that Maya would have isolated Arjun from his family if Vandana's behaviour towards her were better. Maya was scared of being alone and losing Arjun. That's why she isolated Arjun from his family because his mother was trying to break them up. And about Maya's  miscarriage. Under normal circumstances whenever I go near stairs my Dad always tells me to be careful. I have never seen a pregnant lady using the stairs without anyone there to help her. So if you wrestle with a pregnant lady around the stairs and then she falls and loses her baby it is definitely your fault. So yes Vandana is responsible for Maya's miscarriage. 

Sanjh: There is thing called space that is necessary in every relationship. ( I am aware of the fact that Maya didn't want to give Arjun space). Husband-Wife, Siblings, Friends, Children-Parents. From where I saw Sanjh didn't want to give Arjun any space. And she had a perfect childhood. Not like the one that Maya had. She kept saying that Maya is obsessed with Arjun. And from what I saw so was she. Yes she fell in love with Arjun. But before Maya came and even after she entered their lives she didn't even consider the possibility of Arjun falling in love with someone else. In Mauritius when she saw those notes she directly assumed that those notes were for her and Arjun was planning on proposing to her. Over confidence or obsession?????? Or both?????? Also when she suspected that Arjun in falling  in love with Maya she behaved as if it was wrong. Like he doesn't  have the right to fall for anyone else.  And when Arjun and Maya got married did she forget how newly weds are supposed to celebrate holi. I am not that kind of a person who will use the word 'besharmi because there is nothing wrong with celebrating a festival with your best friend. But hogging him totally. Not letting him spent the first holi after his wedding with his wife. Is that okay? Is that not an invasion of personal space? I am an open minded person but if my husband spends the first holi or any other festival away form me like that I will feel insecure too. And that was Maya who was scared of being alone. 

Regarding what she did to Ayan was definitely wrong. And if someone is calling him rapist then it is truely unacceptable. But if anyone blames only Maya for her actions it will be a big mistake. 

Jhanvi: If a child becomes like Maya some how it is her parents fault. We all know how Aswin was responsible for her state. But did anyone notice what was Jhanvi's fault? Your husband is torturing you and your daughter. What do you do? Nothing!!!! Just Maya baby!!! Are you okay baby??? Don't be afraid baby??? Mama is with you baby!!! That's it???? What about filling a complaint against him???? If he is powerful and you can't do it then just run away. What is point of living in the same building with him and his girlfriend (some people would use the word "mistress" which is another wrong thing)???? And after that if your daughter becomes like that and tries to kill you it is totally your fault. She became like this because there was no one to protect her. She had to protect herself. And then she had the guts to leave her alone. Wow.

Yes I support Maya's psychology (Not her actions). Not because I like Jennifer Winget. Because I have been there when you are all alone and no one is with you. I couldn't stop crying when she celebrated her birthday with Lord Ganesh because that is exactly what I felt that there is no one with me right now except Allah. But I didn't become like Maya. You know why because of my parents. They helped me. The help Maya deserved from her mother. Yes Maya's actions were unacceptable. But she is not the only one to blame. No one wants to be like that. And someone becomes like that it is not their fault. 

And now regarding season two. 

From what I have seen MJ is a disgusting character. He is selfish. He doesn't respect his wife. He doesn't care about what his sons want. He invades their privacy. He has surely been engaged in extar marital affairs. 

Rishi is just like his Dad. I lost my respect for him the day he said "Chota hu. Kutta nahi hu tera". Now he is Young but when he will grow up he will be carbon copy of his Dad. 

And the other family members!!! The flashback suggests that they all were responsible for whatever happened to Maya. It also suggests that Maya was a very sweet person. So if whatever happened changed her like that it must be something very bad. So I think whatever Maya have planned for them they all deserve it. (Including Rishi given that he is just like his Dad). 

Rudra. I really like his character which is very much better than Arjun. I don't think Maya is targeting him. I can see she has a soft spot for him. I hope this will turn into true love. (Which is a long shot given that this season is about her 'Beyhadh Nafrat'. That means there are no space for other emotions). I think Maya is using him as tool for now. Right now her plan doesn't include hurting him. 

And finally Anannya. I really don't want her to be like Sanjh. Yes I do have a problem with her behaviour regarding her one sided love. But if you think your friend is doing something wrong (like going against his family) it is your duty to stop him. Also I don't see anything wrong in wanting to know if Rudra is falling for Maya or not. She is his best friend. It is her right to know. She handled it better than Sanjh. But yes not letting Rudra answer Maya's phone was annoying. 

Sorry for such a long post. 

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: stormfly13

Ok I agree with you on some points. But first of all you can call a character hypocrite but using the word hypocrisy for the forum members is highly unacceptable. I have seen the fandom at its worst and it did not just stop with bashing characters. They even went on to bash Aneri on SM and it was so bad that Jenny had to step in and call out her fans for their actions. I had been a regular  in the forum till the point Ayaan was imprisoned and even after the reveal that Maya had manipulated the situation, fans were still bashing Ayaan and I quit the forum coz I realised these so called fans will never see reason. Maya will be right no matter what. So didn't see a point in breaking my head.

And now let's talk about the show. 

Regarding season one. 

Vandana: Yes she sensed some problem in Maya. But we are living in 21st century. What kind of a person believes the words of the Pandit soo deeply (don't want to hurt anyone's feelings about anything) that they just turn their mind off and start judging that a person the Vandana judged Maya. Maya tried her best to win Vandana's heart. She begged in front of her. She offered to spend some time with her. She didn't give her one chance. Agree that Maya's father was a bad man but Janvi did love him. And when he died on the Maya's wedding day what did she do??? She kept ranting about how she wished Sanjh to be Arjun's bride. What kind of a person does that? She even said 'Jab Maya safed rang pahenti thi to duniya me rang tha. Maya ne rang ke kapre pahen na shuru kiye to duniya se rang hi ghayab ho gaye'. And when Maya got hurt during grihaprabesh she started talking about shagun and abshagun instead of helping her. Was that behaviour acceptable??? I don't think that Maya would have isolated Arjun from his family if Vandana's behaviour towards her were better. Maya was scared of being alone and losing Arjun. That's why she isolated Arjun from his family because his mother was trying to break them up. And about Maya's  miscarriage. Under normal circumstances whenever I go near stairs my Dad always tells me to be careful. I have never seen a pregnant lady using the stairs without anyone there to help her. So if you wrestle with a pregnant lady around the stairs and then she falls and loses her baby it is definitely your fault. So yes Vandana is responsible for Maya's miscarriage. Even before the pandit came into picture, Vandana had seen Maya at a party where she had glimpsed Maya's madness. Maya wouldn't have done what she did with Vandana if the latter had accepted her? Really now? Ayaan had accepted her wholeheartedly and even stood by her against Vandana in the initial days. Did that stop Maya from separating Arjun from Ayaan? I am not saying Vandana was entirely right. She had always visualised Saanjh as Arjun's bride and it was not just her. Both Vandana, Suman and their children had wanted this. So when that dream breaks anyone will feel disappointed. I wish she had been nice towards Maya but in the end Maya would have isolated Arjun regardless. When it comes to our parents generation, they believe in omens more than we ever will. She already had a bad feeling about it after she had seen Maya shatter a glass and everything else that followed that event only hinted at that. About Maya losing her baby, just tell me one thing - did Vandana drag Maya to the stairs? Hell NO!!!! Maya ran after her herself coz she was guilty of trying to kill Ayaan. Ayaan was in a critical state for crying out loud and Vandana just finds out it was Maya who tried to kill her son. What should she do? Maya is pregnant, so let go of the matter and see to it that a criminal goes unpunished? Vandana was also a mother who nearly lost her child because of that woman's madness. Vandana asked her the right question at that time - Maya wanted to protect a child which was not even born but what about her son whom she had given birth to and raised for all those years? Vandana did try to let go of the past for the sake of Arjun Maya's baby. But what did Maya do? Kill her own son? Now please don't tell me Ayaan threatened her, so she tried to run him over. She could have told Arjun also and handled the matter or done anything else. Another lame excuse to defend Maya. 

Sanjh: There is thing called space that is necessary in every relationship. ( I am aware of the fact that Maya didn't want to give Arjun space). Husband-Wife, Siblings, Friends, Children-Parents. From where I saw Sanjh didn't want to give Arjun any space. And she had a perfect childhood. Not like the one that Maya had. She kept saying that Maya is obsessed with Arjun. And from what I saw so was she. Yes she fell in love with Arjun. But before Maya came and even after she entered their lives she didn't even consider the possibility of Arjun falling in love with someone else. In Mauritius when she saw those notes she directly assumed that those notes were for her and Arjun was planning on proposing to her. Over confidence or obsession?????? Or both?????? Also when she suspected that Arjun in falling  in love with Maya she behaved as if it was wrong. Like he doesn't  have the right to fall for anyone else.  And when Arjun and Maya got married did she forget how newly weds are supposed to celebrate holi. I am not that kind of a person who will use the word 'besharmi because there is nothing wrong with celebrating a festival with your best friend. But hogging him totally. Not letting him spent the first holi after his wedding with his wife. Is that okay? Is that not an invasion of personal space? I am an open minded person but if my husband spends the first holi or any other festival away form me like that I will feel insecure too. And that was Maya who was scared of being alone. Yes marriage is an important bond but does it mean it overshadows every other bond in your life? Saanjh was immature and I won't deny that. But she had loved Arjun from a very long time and always been by his side through all the situations. Yes it was stupid on her part to go all the way out for a friend and I am glad Prem was the only one sensible enough to see his daughter will be heartbroken one day. Coming to Holi, again she was immature here and she was not really trying to break Arjun's marriage. She was immature to not understand things change after marriage and so does a person's priorities. She assumed things will be AS IS. Yes she was wrong here but she had not committed a sin. Hugging is wrong? Since when? It was just an innocent hug in the beginning but what happened later was entirely Maya's doing. Maya had spiked the drinks and I have seen people do weirder stuff than dancing obscenely in an intoxicated state. But before that, lets address another important matter - Maya's fake pregnancy. So before you transfer the blame onto Saanjh, who made Maya fake her pregnancy? This happened much before that. And just to oust Saanjh from their lives, she made her responsible for her miscarriage before Arjun leading him to believe Saanjh was responsible for the death of their unborn child. Sorry but this was Maya being her evil self.

Regarding what she did to Ayan was definitely wrong. And if someone is calling him rapist then it is truely unacceptable. But if anyone blames only Maya for her actions it will be a big mistake. @red - Really? The whole world is accountable for Maya's actions, that's nice! Who was responsible for Ayaan running after them? She had drugged Arjun and please don't tell me she was doing anything right here.

Jhanvi: If a child becomes like Maya some how it is her parents fault. We all know how Aswin was responsible for her state. But did anyone notice what was Jhanvi's fault? Your husband is torturing you and your daughter. What do you do? Nothing!!!! Just Maya baby!!! Are you okay baby??? Don't be afraid baby??? Mama is with you baby!!! That's it???? What about filling a complaint against him???? If he is powerful and you can't do it then just run away. What is point of living in the same building with him and his girlfriend (some people would use the word "mistress" which is another wrong thing)???? And after that if your daughter becomes like that and tries to kill you it is totally your fault. She became like this because there was no one to protect her. She had to protect herself. And then she had the guts to leave her alone. Wow. Yes, Jhanvi was not a strong parent. She was weak but not all parents are strong or brave. Ashwin was her weakness. How many mothers have the guts to go against their husband and fight for their child? I am fortunate I have a fighter for a mother and going by your comments you had loving parents too. So we were fortunate there. Just because one's parent was not strong enough to fight for them, they should be killed? Sorry, will never agree to that thought. Ashwin was evil but did that give Maya the right to go against the law and punish him? She could have sent Ashwin to prison. If Jhanvi was not a good mother, Maya should have left her. Not kill her. So yes it is Maya's fault here. What about the 2nd time she tried to kill Jhanvi? And for what? Just because Arjun went to Prem's funeral? Prem was like a father figure to Arjun after his dad passed away and Arjun should not even be by his best friend's side when she lost her father? Wow, I would love to see what logic or reasoning can justify Maya's actions here. But I won't be surprised if anyone says, hey Maya was pregnant, so Arjun should not have left her side, even if it was to comfort his friend when her father died.  I am sure some Maya fan will say this and let me tell you this - back then in the forum, I did see such comments in Maya's favour that said Arjun should not have gone to the funeral to pay his last respects to a man he had known all his life just coz his wife was pregnant. Maya was only pregnant and not on her deathbed that Arjun would not leave her side. Maya tried to kill her helpless mother who could not even cry out for help just so that Arjun would come back to her. That's a sick mentality. Maya was pure evil here, nothing else. 

Yes I support Maya's psychology (Not her actions). Not because I like Jennifer Winget. Because I have been there when you are all alone and no one is with you. I couldn't stop crying when she celebrated her birthday with Lord Ganesh because that is exactly what I felt that there is no one with me right now except Allah. But I didn't become like Maya. You know why because of my parents. They helped me. The help Maya deserved from her mother. Yes Maya's actions were unacceptable. But she is not the only one to blame. No one wants to be like that. And someone becomes like that it is not their fault. I am a huge Jenny fan and I love her portrayal of Maya but I have enough sense to differentiate right from wrong. And I get that feeling. I was suffering from depression too and I know how it feels to be lonely in your head even when you are surrounded by a crowd. Maya had help but she denied it. Arjun tried to help her recover and she also had a chance to get better for the sake of her child. But she chose her madness over everything. Arjun had tried to be a good husband in the initial days but Maya did not make an attempt to change herself even for him. It is not a person's past that determines who they are but their choices. Maya always had a choice but she chose wrong. What happened in the past was definitely bad, but in the present she had a choice. 

And now regarding season two. 

From what I have seen MJ is a disgusting character. He is selfish. He doesn't respect his wife. He doesn't care about what his sons want. He invades their privacy. He has surely been engaged in extar marital affairs. MJ seems to be a disgusting character. Waiting to see more about his past.

Rishi is just like his Dad. I lost my respect for him the day he said "Chota hu. Kutta nahi hu tera". Now he is Young but when he will grow up he will be carbon copy of his Dad. Rishi said that in the heat of the moment and youngsters tend to get carried away because they believe they are grown up enough to take their own decisions. Whether he will tread on his father's footsteps, only the future will reveal that.

And the other family members!!! The flashback suggests that they all were responsible for whatever happened to Maya. It also suggests that Maya was a very sweet person. So if whatever happened changed her like that it must be something very bad. So I think whatever Maya have planned for them they all deserve it. (Including Rishi given that he is just like his Dad). Everyone who wronged Maya in the past DESERVE to be punished and I will never say Maya will be wrong in extracting her revenge. But Rishi? Really? He must have been a child back then. What has he done to Maya? He might or might not turn out to be like MJ. But so long as he doesn't harm Maya or do anything wrong, Maya has absolutely no right to harm him. Not everyone is a good person. Infact everybody has some or the other shortcoming. But that doesn't give random people the right to go about punishing them. And if Rishi turns out to be an obsessive lover in the future, it will be Maya's fault. Because she pushed him on that path.

Rudra. I really like his character which is very much better than Arjun. I don't think Maya is targeting him. I can see she has a soft spot for him. I hope this will turn into true love. (Which is a long shot given that this season is about her 'Beyhadh Nafrat'. That means there are no space for other emotions). I think Maya is using him as tool for now. Right now her plan doesn't include hurting him. Even if Maya might fall in love with Rudra, she will break his heart in the worst manner when she uses him as a ladder to punish his family. He might not blame her for avenging her past but how will it make him feel when he gets to know the woman he loves only used him to get her revenge? Will he even be able to believe Maya loves him? He had his heart broken once and it will be broken once again.

And finally Anannya. I really don't want her to be like Sanjh. Yes I do have a problem with her behaviour regarding her one sided love. But if you think your friend is doing something wrong (like going against his family) it is your duty to stop him. Also I don't see anything wrong in wanting to know if Rudra is falling for Maya or not. She is his best friend. It is her right to know. She handled it better than Sanjh. But yes not letting Rudra answer Maya's phone was annoying. About Ananya not allowing Rudra to answer Maya's phone, it was one of those rare occasions when the whole family got together to celebrate and Ananya has seen Rudra being aloof from his family. She only wanted him to spend some quality time with them and given she herself is his business partner, she did not foresee any emergency because she knows how the business is faring and she did not think there was anything that had to be addressed immediately. One sided love is not wrong in any way so long as you don't impose your feelings on the other person. Ananya doesn't mind accepting the fact that she loves Rudra and she doesn't expect Rudra to love her. She knows something happened in the past because of which Rudra hates love and she also feels that could be a reason y Rudra will never fall in love with her. And yes she will also feel bad in the future because Rudra will fall for Maya and again she won't be wrong in feeling bad about it. She is a girl who loved her best friend for a long time hoping some day he will reciprocate to her feelings and in front of her eyes, she will see that man falling for another woman. How should she feel?

Sorry for such a long post. 

My comments in blue.

BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: sumz_d

@bold absolutely!

Actually I think in India suffering from any mental illness including Depression is considered a tabbo. 

And I think the writers also belong to that kind of population🤢

BW star like Deepika also suffered from Depression. Does that mean she should not have a normal life or get married?🤪

The writers of season 1 seriously lacked humanity and basic knowledge of Depression. They made it such a big deal. ðŸ˜•

Depression is not a taboo. Its a disease which needs to be treated and I can say this because I have been through depression and know what it feels like. U might be surrounded by people who understand this or u might be surrounded by people who don't think depression is a big deal and give u gyaan like u need to come out of it blah blah. I fell in the second category. Not really encouraging but it the end u also have a choice - seek out help yourself or drown in ur own misery hoping someday the world will understand and come forward to help u. 

And no, being depressed doesn't mean one should be deprived of normalcy in life. Everyone has rights to lead a normal happy life. About DP, she made efforts to come out of depression and lead a healthy life. She did not complicate her life further by letting that take a backseat and move ahead in life. She did what she had to, to address her depression first. 

Depression can become a big deal depending on what an individual chooses to do with it - either treat it and come out of it to lead a happy life, drown in it and ruin your life or become bitter and blame the world for it and tread on the path of a sociopath. The makers of S1 took the third route here.

manancraze thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: libran90

Firstly, there shouldn't be any comparison between S1 and S2 because there both stories were different and both Mayas are different. 

S1 the problem was that all the characters were so normal and ordinary that Maya always looked like the big bad wolf in sheep's clothing. She was always the only villain in the show whose abusive childhood was no longer an excuse to hurt people after a point in the show.

S2 is very balanced in comparison because no one is really a saint in the show. All the senior members in the Roy circle have played dirty to maintain Mrityunjay's image and allowed him to control them. That is the very reason Maya and her family suffered to a point that this woman is pushed to take the very same path to justify the destruction caused on her and her family.

Rishi, Rudra, and Ananya are the only characters in the show who have the choice to take whichever path they want. Maya was left with only this choice because of Mrityunjay Roy - now Maya is creating situations where these 3 characters have to choose sides. This is a war, people have to choose sides, and no one can stay neutral. 

And let us not get into "punishing the innocent" or "using the innocent" or "playing unfair" here. Roy family has got away with harming a lot of innocent people and if they think their children will stay out of all this, it was never meant to be. You hurt other people's children and expect your children to stay safe?

Coming back to the post, Ananya to me hasn't shown any signs of Saanjh yet. Saanjh from the very beginning was drooling over good-for-nothing Arjun and was ill-treated by Arjun. Here, at least Ananya is an independent fine young woman who is respected by Rudra, and Rudra has drawn the line between friendship and love here. Ananya is protective of Rudra as any normal friend would be - that does not mean she is possessive. Also, Ananya's cutting the call was very natural to me because work should stay in office and not interfere with family time. I don't see anything wrong in it. It only goes on to show that if Maya ever tries to push Rudra down the wrong way, Ananya will try her best as a friend to prevent Rudra from straying in the wrong direction.

You said it perfectly. I am really loving the fact that in s2, everyone is going or will take a dig at the gray area. 

sumz_d thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Depression is not a taboo. Its a disease which needs to be treated and I can say this because I have been through depression and know what it feels like. U might be surrounded by people who understand this or u might be surrounded by people who don't think depression is a big deal and give u gyaan like u need to come out of it blah blah. I fell in the second category. Not really encouraging but it the end u also have a choice - seek out help yourself or drown in ur own misery hoping someday the world will understand and come forward to help u. 

And no, being depressed doesn't mean one should be deprived of normalcy in life. Everyone has rights to lead a normal happy life. About DP, she made efforts to come out of depression and lead a healthy life. She did not complicate her life further by letting that take a backseat and move ahead in life. She did what she had to, to address her depression first. 

Depression can become a big deal depending on what an individual chooses to do with it - either treat it and come out of it to lead a happy life, drown in it and ruin your life or become bitter and blame the world for it and tread on the path of a sociopath. The makers of S1 took the third route here.

Agree with you. 

But regarding Maya in season 1, after people learnt about her depression instead of supporting her they further pushed her to the dark. 

According to Saanjh, Arjun should have divorced Maya the moment he learnt about Maya's depression. 

The characters in the show behaved like Maya was some psycho killer once they learnt about her depression. 

And due to that cold behaviour of the chatacters to Maya it further pushed Maya into the dark and she indeed became a psycho. 

My point is had the people supported and shown some love to Maya then she would have recovered and none of the disaster would have happened. 

But the makers made it seem as a person suffering from depression is evil and psycho. 

They lacked sympathy. 

BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: sumz_d

Agree with you. 

But regarding Maya in season 1, after people learnt about her depression instead of supporting her they further pushed her to the dark. 

According to Saanjh, Arjun should have divorced Maya the moment he learnt about Maya's depression. 

The characters in the show behaved like Maya was some psycho killer once they learnt about her depression. 

And due to that cold behaviour of the chatacters to Maya it further pushed Maya into the dark and she indeed became a psycho. 

My point is had the people supported and shown some love to Maya then she would have recovered and none of the disaster would have happened. 

But the makers made it seem as a person suffering from depression is evil and psycho. 

They lacked sympathy. 

Sorry I would beg to differ here. Because even before Arjun had come into Maya’s life she had moved on to the dark side. Agreed Rajeev aka Samay exploited Maya but again that was her choice to let him exploit her because she wanted to establish herself in the corporate world. Nobody likes that and she could have walked away rather than giving in but she needed Rajeev. After she got what she wanted she allowed Rajeev to set himself on fire and burn and left him there to die. Darkness had already consumed her and what about the pandit she burned alive in his hut? If Arjun knew about Maya still being in depression and was aware of the consequences it would bear I would blame him but neither he nor his family knew anything about it. When does Saanjh advise Arjun to divorce her? Can’t recollect it but if it was after Samay track and her dad getting killed, I would do the same if I was in her place. You don’t want ur friend to be stuck with a psychopath who is beyond redemption. Depression has varying levels and Maya’s had crossed the threshold for endurance a long time ago. People like Maya are not only a danger to their imminent family but also to the society. I agree people could have been nicer especially Vandana but eventually Maya would still have treated them the same way she treated her mom. She wanted Arjun all to herself and she wouldn’t allow his mom or his brother to have any rights over him. If u have any conscience at all and you know you are not in the right frame of mind, you seek out help or you ensure your loved ones don’t suffer. But Maya dragged everyone along with her into the hell where she was burning. Arjun had given her a chance to redeem but instead of fighting it she gave in which only increased the darkness in her by a hundred fold. Maya was given chances and choices but she chose to not come out of her depression and what’s worse chose to subject her madness on everyone surrounding her. Like I said there are all forms of depression and the makers were exploring the dark kind. It’s just the mindset of ITV audience looking out to justify the lead character because they tend to get attached to it and don’t want to see that character in a bad light. But if u just treat it as a story with an intriguing character like one would do in a movie like Gone Girl it makes for an interesting watch. My only disappointment is makers tried to make Maya larger than life and did not explore other characters at all in s1. Hence it became Maya centric but thankfully they have redeemed themselves in s2. Like the characterisation here which is layered and gives every character a chance to tell their story and an actor to do justice to their role.

Edited by BeyondHorizon - 4 years ago

Sorry I would beg to differ here. Because even before Arjun had come into Maya’s life she had moved on to the dark side. Agreed Rajeev aka Samay exploited Maya but again that was her choice to let him exploit her because she wanted to establish herself in the corporate world. Nobody likes that and she could have walked away rather than giving in but she needed Rajeev. After she got what she wanted she allowed Rajeev to set himself on fire and burn and left him there to die. Darkness had already consumed her and what about the pandit she burned alive in his hut? If Arjun knew about Maya still being in depression and was aware of the consequences it would bear I would blame him but neither he nor his family knew anything about it. When does Saanjh advise Arjun to divorce her? Can’t recollect it but if it was after Samay track and her dad getting killed, I would do the same if I was in her place. You don’t want ur friend to be stuck with a psychopath who is beyond redemption. Depression has varying levels and Maya’s had crossed the threshold for endurance a long time ago. People like Maya are not only a danger to their imminent family but also to the society. I agree people could have been nicer especially Vandana but eventually Maya would still have treated them the same way she treated her mom. She wanted Arjun all to herself and she wouldn’t allow his mom or his brother to have any rights over him. If u have any conscience at all and you know you are not in the right frame of mind, you seek out help or you ensure your loved ones don’t suffer. But Maya dragged everyone along with her into the hell where she was burning. Arjun had given her a chance to redeem but instead of fighting it she gave in which only increased the darkness in her by a hundred fold. Maya was given chances and choices but she chose to not come out of her depression and what’s worse chose to subject her madness on everyone surrounding her. Like I said there are all forms of depression and the makers were exploring the dark kind. It’s just the mindset of ITV audience looking out to justify the lead character because they tend to get attached to it and don’t want to see that character in a bad light. But if u just treat it as a story with an intriguing character like one would do in a movie like Gone Girl it makes for an interesting watch. My only disappointment is makers tried to make Maya larger than life and did not explore other characters at all in s1. Hence it became Maya centric but thankfully they have redeemed themselves in s2. Like the characterisation here which is layered and gives every character a chance to tell their story and an actor to do justice to their role.

COMPLETELY agree!! Maya committed innumerable crimes even before the leap happened, but some people are hell-bent on proving that she was 'forced' to do bad things by Saanjh and Arjun!!

Who forced her to kill the pandit?

Who forced her to push her mother out of the building?

Who forced her to fake her pregnancy?

Blaming Saanjh and others for Maya's evilness is just looking for excuses to justify her. 

Edited by Mahisa22 - 4 years ago