’’Life WiThOut WoRkiNg OuT’’...ArTicLe

jojo_100 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
"I cannot think of life without working out"

She debuted with DD's Kahani Saat Phero Ki almost half a decade back. But it was with Zee's Piya Ka Ghar (where she played a double role) that Narayani Shastri earned her much desired acclaim as an artiste. With some TRP grossing shows to her credit this actor with luscious locks is currently busy with a primetime daily, Sanskar on DD.

With such cut throat competition in this industry; one definitely needs to be on their toes. And Narayani definitely knows one strategy of survival - Being fit. Read more….

My Fitness Mantra: I am a health freak. I cannot think of life without working out. In my opinion, everybody should be fit. Not just people from our line, even housewives should look after their figures, after all what is life without a healthy body!

My Exercise Regime: I slog for about 90 minutes, 6 days a week. My routine consists of light weights and cardio. I generally workout either at the break of the day or at night, depending on my shooting schedules.

My Diet: I have small meals every two hours and avoid eating after eight in the evening. I drink a lot of juices including neem, carrot and even karela and lauki to keep my system hydrated during my long work hours. One should not totally avoid anything in particular but at the same time shouldn't over do it too!

My Gymming Tips: It's very important to find the right gym and trainer, spend some time with him and workout a plan that suits your requirement. What is most important is that you should have clear gut goals; about what you want i.e. body building, loosing weight general fitness etc.

My Dancing Tips: Many people consider dancing as a form of exercise, but I look at it as a form of art. Hence me and Gaurav (who's a fitness freak too) really enjoyed our limited presence in Nach Baliye 2.

Fitness Fads: I really can't understand why most people get targeted by over workouts. It causes more harm than benefiting. Guys want to bulk up like Arnold, while girls want an hourglass figure. What they don't understand is that each person has a different body make up hence they should temper with how God has molded them.

My Favourite Hunks - Though Hrithik wins hands down with the junta for his awesomely chiseled physique, my personal fav is Akshay Kumar. He has the most fit and flexible frame. I don't dig guys with too much muscle!

Edited by jojo_100 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hello? Even housewives matlab kya?
This isn't a Narayani bashing post, but i dont like the way women with careers get superior about housewives... they do a lot of work that doesn't get recognised as work as such...
Its not easy to run a household... i agree that its equally difficult to run a household while also working...i'm not disparaging those who juggle homes and careers... but women do it and some of them do it with a lot of dignity and ease... no one form of work is superior to the other... just dont like the assumption that i'm superior to you because i work and you don't.... or that i have a more difficult life or that i work harder because i have a job and you dont....
However, i do not want my post to become a reason for people to bash Narayani or use it as a way to criticise her....the attitude she is displaying is very common to soooooooooooooo many people.... and its a very unconscious one.
soul76 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I agree Shvetal if u'r staying back home to look after kids or becuz of some other valid reason ppl tend to overlook your efforts for any work as household chores something a woman is born to do. Though it is a very hard job keeping my mum in view.And if by chance u'r working then u've got all respect and authority and I too condemn this view strongly.I hardly consider Narayani as fit more than three quarters of the year she's struggling with her weight problem and her pictures from the first episodes of NB 2 prove it. 😊
Muneeza i agree with most of what you are saying, only disagree with two things.
1. Its not as if working women get only prestige and authority... they have to slog and work long hours and the guilt trips can kill you.... its a very thin line that one has to walk constantly... for me upholding the dignity of the housewife is not about despising or questioning the dignity and the effort of the working woman... each in her own way is doing a lot of valuable work... and i think this difference needs to be understood and appreciated... they're different, not superior or inferior to each other.... any kind of competition is silly since it does not take the special circumstances of each into account.
2. My post in many ways is not about Narayani at all... her statement just triggered off these opinions... as i said, i dont want my post to be an excuse for Narayani bashing.... as a true blue lazy soul, i'm properly scornful of issues of fitness and celebrate all those who do not exercise 😉 😆 😆
soul76 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: whynot

Muneeza i agree with most of what you are saying, only disagree with two things.
1. Its not as if working women get only prestige and authority... they have to slog and work long hours and the guilt trips can kill you.... its a very thin line that one has to walk constantly... for me upholding the dignity of the housewife is not about despising or questioning the dignity and the effort of the working woman... each in her own way is doing a lot of valuable work... and i think this difference needs to be understood and appreciated... they're different, not superior or inferior to each other.... any kind of competition is silly since it does not take the special circumstances of each into account.
2. My post in many ways is not about Narayani at all... her statement just triggered off these opinions... as i said, i dont want my post to be an excuse for Narayani bashing.... as a true blue lazy soul, i'm properly scornful of issues of fitness and celebrate all those who do not exercise 😉 😆 😆

Shvetal dear I agree working women havta work twice the more to balance between office and home but was pointing the general view of ppl which I have felt and experienced myself. Narayani or not but if  it would've been any one else with such a figure I'd still point out the obvious.😊

Edited by blind horizon - 17 years ago
gulrani thumbnail

Originally posted by: blind horizon

.I hardly consider Narayani as fit more than three quarters of the year she's struggling with her weight problem and her pictures from the first episodes of NB 2 prove it. 😊

Muneeza ...I agree with you too ...I never considered Narayani as fitness freak before as I have seen her old pictures she looks plum ...only lately she seems to have started  going to gym and that s why she has lost weight .....

Swetal you are right, I  also don t approve when all working women consider themselves superior then houses wifes...But same thing cannot be said in the west  as mostly are working women , at same time they look  after their home and kids.  there are no servants here to help you out ....

Edited by gulrani - 17 years ago
superbike thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
O our favorite Narayani again 😉 , welcome to the forum once again........ 😆 😆 . Doesn't matter whether we like her or not 😛 .She is truly a great part of our lives, thinking and soul........ 😆
Her favorite hunk is Akshay Kumar, quite unique once again, 😆 😆
shahnaz12 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Edited by shahnaz12 - 17 years ago
shahnaz12 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am not bashing Narayani here 😕 … but what she said about working out for 90 minutes each day to stay fit/healthy 😕 and her thoughts about house wives and their workout habits 😕 … so ridiculous 😡 that I have no choice but to write my views on this topic.

Most of us do not need 90 minutes of workout every day to stay fit/healthy if we do not have any health problem that calls for additional toning of our internal organs and muscles 😊 . A 30 minute light workout … even simple brisk walking or running after stretching would keep us healthy if we watch what we eat at the same time 😃 . Strength training is encouraged 3 days per week to keep our muscles in shape 😛 …. That's all we need who are not in show biz (where we get paid for our looks) or professional athletes (where we get paid for our physical performance…).

Personally I never had any weight problems as I strongly believe my reasonably good food habit and 30-40 minutes daily running habit helps me stay in shape.

Also we must not forget feeling great about one's self requires having a great mental health too 😃 …. So learning to relax when things go out of hand …. get connected with our loved ones to get emotional support …. enjoying quiet moments in nature to appreciate the greatness of our Lord … regularly try to connect to our inner self by connecting to our Creator spiritually …. all these are essential for our health as well. 😃

If we do all these everyday consciously after fulfilling all the worldly duties (jobs, studying, cooking, cleaning the house, chatting in the internet … etc) … it seems we need more than 24 hours hai na?   😆

See we must remember the people in show biz suffers the most for bad body image 🤢 ….as their physical beauty is one of the most prized possession they need to survive 😭 . For most of us who are in other professional areas … we like to look good as a natural affinity towards good looks that's all 😛 …. We know at the end of the day we get paid for how we perform… how we deliver our skills… how we manage our time… how we interact with our peers and subordinates to make things work. 😃

And for homemakers? (I prefer this term more than house wife to show the respect I have for my mom 🤗 … who was a home maker in a true sense as she had a Master's degree but never worked outside of our home….) … they need to stay healthy to feel good and be on their toes for their family no matter what 👏.

If Narayani thinks that only people in show biz are beauty conscious … She is wrong 😡 . The difference between an actress and a homemaker is this … an actress always try to look beautiful for the viewers …whom she does not know 😕 and who do not know her personally either …. Whereas a homemaker hopes to stay beautiful to her husband whom she adores and to her loved ones who she knows find her amazing no matter what 😃.

Sorry for the long post 😕 ... I just could not stop. 😆 😆 😆
Edited by shahnaz12 - 17 years ago
Shabnam i agree that in the West any person does a lot more housework than people here... very good point.
Hey Shahnaz wanted to respond to some things:
I like the fact that you use the term homemaker. good for you. 👏
Also, your mom is really lucky to have a family like yours.... there are women who live their lives out for families where what they do goes unnoticed or uncherished.... what i'm trying to say is that the idealistic image that you're building... 'a homemaker hopes to stay beautiful to her husband whom she adores and to her loved ones who she knows find her amazing no matter what'... is not always true.
As for actors having to look good, yes that is one of the demands of the profession and they have to follow it...what i mean is, lets not feel superior to Narayani because she has shown that looking good is imp to her....just as we get paid for how we perform and deliver our skills, she gets paid for looking a certain way... its part of her job and she has to do it... though i'm sure its one of the most stressful parts of her job.   
in fact, in today's world, looking good has become a source of stress for so many people...it breeds its own insecurities as well.... struggling with a negative self image can be a long and lonely struggle.... i wish the world wouldnt depend on images so much (though as a student of lit and film i should be the last person saying this, since they're images too)... you know, once one of my students fainted in class becuase of the diet she was on.... yeh bachche pata nahi khud ko kitna damage karte hai.
My post has become a long one too... shahnaz tum aur main pravachan mata ban jaayenge 😊