Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kamalsh56 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Dhanusg

In difficult times like these its normal to feel anxious, depressed but do not lose hope. Mind is most powerful. In indian households luckily theres always someone who knows pranayam. So do that it helps to relax , we do use breathing exercises here in the west to help people cope with anxiety. 

Also if you can meditate for few mins , read self help books , even watching inspiring stories help.

I have myself started reading bhagwad gita few mins before bedtime  and you can do it too. We learn a lot from our ancestors.

Interestingly indias cases r not as they seem. As per latest report. Statisticians predict atleast 75 k cases in india based on behaviour n reproductivity factor of virus. So dont go by numbers in media.

India needs lockdown until 1st week may.

My POV:

Unfortunately, so many of our people believe in "it will not touch me" and go about casually flouting lockdown norms. I have tweeted a few times to the cops that people are moving around /standing on roads without rhyme or reason. When the cops arrive they just disappear inside their society and they are back when the cops leave. It is as if they they feel they are so smart as to outwit the cops! 

India needs lockdown with stringent punishment for casual violators.  Their vehicles should be impounded for 6 months and anyone walking around without any reason should be picked up and quarantined for 2 weeks. Only then will any lockdown work.

As for the figures being reported, I don't have a reason to doubt them. There is a website https://www.covid19india.org/ which is a crowd sourced all India database being updated every 4 hours or so (the figures on this website are very detailed and much more up to date compared to the health ministry figures). Even if you look at the mortality it continues to be around 2.8%.  If cases were under-reported there would have been a much higher mortality rate (death on account of covid cannot be hidden for long). Either that or there might be a lot of asymptomatic cases which don't get converted to official quarantine/hospitalisation figures. If there would have been exponential rise in cases as in Europe or US, certainly the hospitals / crematoriums would have been flooded by now. 

Edited by kamalsh56 - 4 years ago
surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I think ELDG and ELTG are for two different audiences,  younger viewers like ELTG more while slightly older audience likes ELDG more.  

Dhanusg thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kamalsh56

My POV:

Unfortunately, so many of our people believe in "it will not touch me" and go about casually flouting lockdown norms. I have tweeted a few times to the cops that people are moving around /standing on roads without rhyme or reason. When the cops arrive they just disappear inside their society and they are back when the cops leave. It is as if they they feel they are so smart as to outwit the cops! 

India needs lockdown with stringent punishment for casual violators.  Their vehicles should be impounded for 6 months and anyone walking around without any reason should be picked up and quarantined for 2 weeks. Only then will any lockdown work.

As for the figures being reported, I don't have a reason to doubt them. There is a website https://www.covid19india.org/ which is a crowd sourced all India database being updated every 4 hours or so (the figures on this website are very detailed and much more up to date compared to the health ministry figures). Even if you look at the mortality it continues to be around 2.8%.  If cases were under-reported there would have been a much higher mortality rate (death on account of covid cannot be hidden for long). Either that or there might be a lot of asymptomatic cases which don't get converted to official quarantine/hospitalisation figures. If there would have been exponential rise in cases as in Europe or US, certainly the hospitals / crematoriums would have been flooded by now. 

The reason number may not be accurate because lot of the infected people dont exhibit symptoms so will not get tested. 80-90 percent infected people have very mild illness that they dont  seek any dr visit or may not be eligible for testing. So the numbers on database no matter how many times they refesh will not reflect actual numbers. 

In usa in my hospital we dont even check covid testing unless you are severely sick ie need to be hospitalised so numbers are very inaccurate.

kamalsh56 thumbnail

The reason number may not be accurate because lot of the infected people dont exhibit symptoms so will not get tested. 80-90 percent infected people have very mild illness that they dont  seek any dr visit or may not be eligible for testing. So the numbers on database no matter how many times they refesh will not reflect actual numbers. 

In usa in my hospital we dont even check covid testing unless you are severely sick ie need to be hospitalised so numbers are very inaccurate.

I agree that many cases will be asymptomatic in India and may not be reported. But that again means that a less virulent form of the virus may have come to India (this is the theory put up by some experts along with the  BCG vaccine theory) and the mortality could be much much less here than the 2.8% that is seen in the data available. 

Aso, but stringent lockdown (extended if need be)is the only remedy.

NerdyMukta thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I agree that many cases will be asymptomatic in India and may not be reported. But that again means that a less virulent form of the virus may have come to India (this is the theory put up by some experts along with the  BCG vaccine theory) and the mortality could be much much less here than the 2.8% that is seen in the data available. 

Aso, but stringent lockdown (extended if need be)is the only remedy.

@Bold - the safest and easiest measure at present. Also, one more reason could be that the virus is weak at higher temperature and its warming up in India. White we still have 15-25 degrees max in EU and US.

Additionally, check this article

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/biontech-curevac-tell-regulators-to-lower-clinical-trial-bar-if-they-want-a-covid-19

Edited by NerdyMukta - 4 years ago
NerdyMukta thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

In difficult times like these its normal to feel anxious, depressed but do not lose hope. Mind is most powerful. In indian households luckily theres always someone who knows pranayam. So do that it helps to relax , we do use breathing exercises here in the west to help people cope with anxiety. 

Also if you can meditate for few mins , read self help books , even watching inspiring stories help.

I have myself started reading bhagwad gita few mins before bedtime  and you can do it too. We learn a lot from our ancestors.

Interestingly indias cases r not as they seem. As per latest report. Statisticians predict atleast 75 k cases in india based on behaviour n reproductivity factor of virus. So dont go by numbers in media.

India needs lockdown until 1st week may.

Thanks Dhanu.

Feels as if life has been shaken up like a snow globe. Everything is up in the air and we’re waiting to see where the pieces will fall...that is when they'll fall.

kamalsh56 thumbnail

Suddenly they have stopped telecast of this serial (from today ). Makes no sense if they keep randomly telecasting episodes and stopping when they feel like. If they are serious they should telecast the serial from start to finish. Why tease the audience?

mishkil88 thumbnail

Suddenly they have stopped telecast of this serial (from today ). Makes no sense if they keep randomly telecasting episodes and stopping when they feel like. If they are serious they should telecast the serial from start to finish. Why tease the audience?

what a shock. This is just like Agnihotra 1. 

sameerph thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

What ? I was enjoying watching it again. Was it not telecast only today or totally stopped ?

kamalsh56 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sameerph

What ? I was enjoying watching it again. Was it not telecast only today or totally stopped ?

They have shown some other serial in that slot and it does not look like the change is only for one day.