Analysis Corner (Mar 31st Yeh koi saas bahu serial nahi hai link p.64) - Page 40

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: NamuVyas

Hi dear.. good to see ur posts..

Firstly for the story pov.. between Rudra and Maya its Rudra who will have to love maya because she is full of revenge.. her prince charming will have to bring love back to her life.. and for Rudra to be able to do that he has to fight his fears and past out.. for me this track of Ananya and the new girl who was his ex will break his barrier I feel.. it could happen only with his revisit to his past to fight it just how Maya is doing..

So Rudra feels maya is either playing with him because kind of she was..although she had her genuine moments but Rudra can perceive it that way.. plus his growing feelings towards her is something he doesnt want. So he go to Ananya whom he finds solace.. his childhood friend who understands him and there is a solace with her which he doesnt find with anyone. Which is true actually.. so the thing is a brain decision of building another wall around his feelings..

Ananya did not jump at the offer..she reasoned it and she knows there is no love.. she still doesnt know of Rudras growing feelings towards maya.. although she had a hint of it and for time being she just wants to live her dream come true moment and doesnt want to hear Rudra past or anything.. but things will come around and she will have an equally important role to play.. 

Lastly Maya.. she almost would have told Rudra everything in her vulnerability.. but MJ strikes giving her a wake up.. she will come back to her revenge now.. this is not the right time to tell Rudra.. let him be clear of his issues and be able to submit himself to fight her battle.. her goodness saved her out yesterday.. 

There was battles of two ppl yesterday.. one got out of MJ eyes but Rudra will be trapped because MJ wanted this alliance too remember.

Anyways as far as mayas battle is not going to happen without Rudra.. she will have to get him back with her and that she will do..

@ Bold: This is quite true. The elevator sequence only helped him a bit. He needs to actually face his past and make it a part of him so that it helps him grow. Only then will he truly be able to move over the past and become Maya's Prince Charming.

@ pomegranate: I don't think the two will even talk about the kiss. Maya thinks it's a dream so she'll try to run from it as much as she can and Rudra proposed to Ananya to forget about it so his full attention will be on trying to make Maya jealous about it. Plus, if they talk about it Maya has to have a good excuse for why she didn't answer the door or the calls and she can't tell him the truth.

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Armu4eva

Hey Shreya🤗 yes Ankit was screaming as he was surrounded by the eunuchs. Am pretty sure he was beaten but not dead(imo). 

Talking of the episode, I am happy being in the minority of people who don't understand the sudden need of a marriage proposal since it wasn't even in the ambit of discussion. There was no 'Its high time. Anu kitne din intezar karegi. Umar ho gai hai. Rudra should marry Anu' discussion going on that would weigh on Rudras mind to take this decision. So this is simply a ploy for TRPs imho. It's even more heartbreaking that they have dented my two most fave characters of the show. Nothing irredeemable though. But anyways let's see if TRP aunties like it. 

Now coming to the symbolic aspect of the episode. Maya slayed it. I wanted her to be able to save herself to prove that God would help those who help themselves. She doesn't need someone to save her. She needs someone to help her to achieve her target. And that was reaffirmed yesterday. It's her story. She is the hero. I loved the MB parallel of a form of Krishna who came to her aid because she did fight to the best of her ability till she fell in the muddy pit. Also as Krishna said, good deeds will always pay. 

Btw water truly is Mayas Achilles heel. It brings back all the horror of her past to the forefront. I am horrified by what she went through. Amazing, how the water brings out both the weakness and strength in Maya. She was broken yesterday. Now she will rise to continue her revenge plan in full flow. Let's see if the kiss will weigh on her mind or not. 

Looking forward to Roy family drama since Jen was on leave next weeks. 

@ Bold: Yep I don't think they killed him. Maybe he screamed cause he thought they were going to turn him into one of them. Isn't that why such men are scared of eunuchs?

@ Red: Yes let's see how this affects TRPs and also how CVs will continue from here. Because they need to have a proper way of ending this proposal and also moving the story forward.

Minionite thumbnail

Jan 10th - Mistakes

Today, well technically yesterday, was a day of mistakes. Many of the characters made mistakes or made a series of mistakes.

Maya - Maya's mistake was underestimating other people. She suffered because she underestimated what Ankit could do. She didn't realize that Ankit had the power to change the game, to get her in front of MJ. She came this close to being caught earlier than planned because of Ankit, a guy she probably wrote off as Rishi's friend. She underestimated what MJ is capable of. She didn't realize or maybe didn't consider that MJ is the type of person who won't just do stuff himself. He will manipulate others into doing his bidding. He manipulated Ananya, he manipulated Rishi almost, and now he manipulated Ankit. She misunderstood and underestimated MJ. She underestimated Rudra. She didn't consider his emotions and his pain. She didn't consider the fact that despite being a thoughtful person, pushing someone to the brink of destruction will make them act rashly. She even underestimated Ananya. In the process of trying to come between Ananya and Rudra, she has brought them closer together.

But that wasn't as a big mistake as failing to account for the human factor. 8 years of planning means you should develop scenario after scenario, run through each scenario, and question each place where another human is involved. In fact, you should also question where you yourself are involved. I use my industry as an example. I work in commercial real estate lending. One of the major things we do is analyzing and forecasting - analyzing a deal, analyzing the financials, analyzing the company, analyzing the numbers, and then forecasting. But we also have to account for the human element. Which city is the deal located in and what is the political situation like, what is the economic situation like, etc. In my company, we've actually blacklisted cities that we won't do business in, doesn't matter how good the company is. Maya needed to consider all that.

However, the biggest mistake Maya made was not understanding and strengthening herself. She knows that she's going up against MJ and she knows the going won't be easy, yet she did not consider that revenge is not a healer. Revenge will not make her pain and fears go away. It'll just give others pain. And if she wants to take revenge, then she needs to be strong. She will come up against her fears again and again, and each time she will not get lucky. She will not have the support of those she was kind to. She will not have the support of those that she has brought to her side. She will need to fight battles alone. And for that she needs to be strong. Facing a fear while trying to stay alive from another source of death is not how you want to fight that fear. A fear needs to be fought the way Rudra fought his fear of elevators with Maya's help. It was the only thing he was facing and he was able to face it and come out stronger from it. Maya needs to do that. She needs to face each and every one of her fears, either alone or with help, and come out stronger, so that the next time she gets stuck, she can fight it off and continue.

The kiss - The kiss and the surrounding responses I already analyzed, but I bring it up again in relation to the discussion that Maya and Rudra had. Maya's words insano se kabhi kabhi galti ho jaati hai and then Rudra's response waqt galat tha ya log. The most powerful part of this conversation because it revealed so much about their underlying relationship and I also feel the future. Maya accepted that it was a mistake, but the pain in her eyes said otherwise and Rudra's eyes were already moist because he felt that Maya was saying that it was wrong that it happened between them. Somewhere deep down he had hoped that Maya would have accepted that it was special and helped him overcome his pain. He had that small tiny hope that even though he was in pain, hearing it from Maya that it wasn't a mistake, would make him feel better. Instead, Maya affirmed what he had thought. This reveals so much about their relationship. Even though they don't want to, both of them will give pain to each other and even when they look for relief with each other, they won't get it.

Even before these dialogues, the way the scene began says so much. Rudra wanted to talk to Maya, but was hesitant. He didn't want to hear that Maya loves him or that she felt there was something special between them and yet he also wanted to hear it. He couldn't hurt Antara or Ananya, and yet he couldn't stay without knowing. His indecision, his anxiety, his nervousness - it was all evident on his face, in his body language, in his words.

On the other hand, Maya watched him from her balcony. She was also indecisive though. She couldn't deal with him right now, she had to stay away. And yet, the moment she said that, she started towards the front door. Then there was a slight hesitation on the stairs. A very slight falter on the landing before she seemed to steel herself and continue forward. It was as if her heart was telling her don't do it. Don't say anything. Don't break his heart. Yet her head won over her heart.

Then after Maya opens the door, there is an awkwardness between them. Of course there would be. Nothing surprising about that. And while Rudra's awkwardness is evident throughout, Maya manages to pull herself together and offer him coffee. But even for Maya that was a diversion tactic. She wasn't ready to talk to him right away. In fact, throughout she almost kept her back to him or didn't look at him. She was trying to control herself and when she finally had control over herself, then she spoke about the kiss.

I went a little out of order on the scene, but overall it had so much in it. And yet those dialogues above stole the entire scene away. It cemented the relationship between them and now the 2 have to answer Rudra's question - waqt galat tha ya log. It is not an easy question to answer, but it is one that absolutely needs an answer.

MJ and Rishi - MJ made his biggest mistake yet, underestimating Rishi and Maya's effect on him. Rishi is MJ 2.0. That means that he will not take nicely to someone or something he wants being insulted or put down. Not to mention that it's young love for Rishi.

If MJ really wanted Rishi to forget about Maya, he had to make the conversation more friendly, even accepting Rishi's choice. And then he should have challenged Rishi to prove this love with small tasks, tasks that would have been designed to take Rishi away from Maya and bring him closer to MJ.

Confrontational works, but not when you're confronting yourself. And that was MJ's biggest mistake. By abusing Maya and then mishandling Rishi, MJ effectively drove Rishi closer to Maya. The promo makes sense now. The reason Rishi slits his wrist is because, after this confrontation, he will believe anything that Maya tells him. Maya is no longer just a sexy woman for him that he is infatuated with. She is his zid. He wants her at any cost just to prove MJ wrong. And this is where Rishi will make his biggest mistake.

Nandini and Maya - On a side note, I love the relationship mother and daughter share. Maya truly wants to protect Nandini from the bad and hence the control. Nandini, though, doesn't just want to protect Maya, but also make her stronger and help her move on over the past.

Armu4eva thumbnail

Nice take on the episode, especially the 'Fall' part. 

For me, easily some of the best moments of the episode were about emotions... 

Love, a weakness: It was so sad to see Maya regret letting love distract her to the upcoming danger. She considers love a weakness but I firmly believe that the same love, Rudra, will turn out to be her strength when she will need him the most. But will it be strong enough to save her? We shall see. 

Love, a hope: Rudra came knocking on Mayas door, with that tiny bit of hope, that Maya may have felt something like he did. He was aware, even hoping something, meant breaking his promise to Anu (dhoka nahi dunga-emotionally he already does), but the heart wants what it wants. When Maya opened the door, they both lost themselves for a brief moment before Maya tried to divert the imminent discussion about the previous night. But Rudra won't have it like he won't have her attempts of deflection work when he accepts his love for her. Maya was breaking from within denying the moment and then rejecting its importance but Rudras insistence is what gives me hope. He will not let her go once he is in. She too acknowledges his effect, 'kabhi kabhi sahi log galat waqt par mil jate hai'. The head vs heart war is always thrilling! 

Love, a strength: Rishi showed yesterday that his love (& obsession) with Maya was his strength. Having been constantly put down by everyone for being a bachcha, he wasn't having it from anyone who ridicules his love and impulsiveness. As you rightly said, by insulting his gf, Maya, and Rishis love for her, MJ just pushed Rishi right into Mayas trap and we all know what happens thereafter. 

Looking forward to a happening week ahead. 

libran90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Great post Shreya! Always like reading them girl.

Coming to Maya. This season Maya is very different from the one in S1. Maya in S1 never used her conscience to act on something, she used her madness, her obsession, her need to control her love to get things done - be it false rape, false death or murder. S2 Maya has a conscience that comes in the way, her fears which she completely hasn't overcome, her emotions which desire someone which she cannot have. Maya is very normal like Saanjh and Arjun were in S1, hardened by the animosity of others. Even when Rishi is dying, she is in pain, because cold blooded murder isn't her thing, and that is why she reacts that way. Because she is seeing herself in Rishi, and she did not like it at all.

Coming to Rudra, the weight of MayRa falls heavily on his shoulders, because Maya will not budge or give into love after the Ankit mishap. He will have to overcome his fears and his pain, to give in to Maya. How he does that and who helps him here, we have to see that. But once Rudra embraces his feelings, he will not let Maya go, anyhow. Maya will have to succumb to him.

Rishi still has Mrityunjay Roy breathing in him. I am not believing even now he dies. His death won't be so simple. Going by the theme of the show, the death will be Maya's maya and not literal death. I may sound delusional, but I am not. I am having this strange nagging feeling that something looks very off about Rishi's death. I cannot put my finger on it, but there is something that is wrong. It looks and sounds unconvincing and very opposite to Maya's methods. It is different from S1. I know people have accepted his death. But I cannot, and it is because in a battle of justice, if Maya is right, she deserves to get happiness, why she will have to face the axe. And this is also a Mahabharat, Maya will need both brothers.

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Armu4eva

Nice take on the episode, especially the 'Fall' part. 

For me, easily some of the best moments of the episode were about emotions... 

Love, a weakness: It was so sad to see Maya regret letting love distract her to the upcoming danger. She considers love a weakness but I firmly believe that the same love, Rudra, will turn out to be her strength when she will need him the most. But will it be strong enough to save her? We shall see. 

Love, a hope: Rudra came knocking on Mayas door, with that tiny bit of hope, that Maya may have felt something like he did. He was aware, even hoping something, meant breaking his promise to Anu (dhoka nahi dunga-emotionally he already does), but the heart wants what it wants. When Maya opened the door, they both lost themselves for a brief moment before Maya tried to divert the imminent discussion about the previous night. But Rudra won't have it like he won't have her attempts of deflection work when he accepts his love for her. Maya was breaking from within denying the moment and then rejecting its importance but Rudras insistence is what gives me hope. He will not let her go once he is in. She too acknowledges his effect, 'kabhi kabhi sahi log galat waqt par mil jate hai'. The head vs heart war is always thrilling! 

Love, a strength: Rishi showed yesterday that his love (& obsession) with Maya was his strength. Having been constantly put down by everyone for being a bachcha, he wasn't having it from anyone who ridicules his love and impulsiveness. As you rightly said, by insulting his gf, Maya, and Rishis love for her, MJ just pushed Rishi right into Mayas trap and we all know what happens thereafter. 

Looking forward to a happening week ahead. 

Love is all 3 things though. It just depends on how you view it and you've rightly put it so. Each of these characters see love in a different way and when they come together they help each other see love in the different ways, even if they don't know it.

I, as a rule, stay away from love stories and this romance thrillers because they inevitably follow the same course. But so far Beyhadh 2 is anything but the same stuff and it's their take on love and how the 3 characters develop through love that makes it so.

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: libran90

Great post Shreya! Always like reading them girl.

Coming to Maya. This season Maya is very different from the one in S1. Maya in S1 never used her conscience to act on something, she used her madness, her obsession, her need to control her love to get things done - be it false rape, false death or murder. S2 Maya has a conscience that comes in the way, her fears which she completely hasn't overcome, her emotions which desire someone which she cannot have. Maya is very normal like Saanjh and Arjun were in S1, hardened by the animosity of others. Even when Rishi is dying, she is in pain, because cold blooded murder isn't her thing, and that is why she reacts that way. Because she is seeing herself in Rishi, and she did not like it at all.

Coming to Rudra, the weight of MayRa falls heavily on his shoulders, because Maya will not budge or give into love after the Ankit mishap. He will have to overcome his fears and his pain, to give in to Maya. How he does that and who helps him here, we have to see that. But once Rudra embraces his feelings, he will not let Maya go, anyhow. Maya will have to succumb to him.

Rishi still has Mrityunjay Roy breathing in him. I am not believing even now he dies. His death won't be so simple. Going by the theme of the show, the death will be Maya's maya and not literal death. I may sound delusional, but I am not. I am having this strange nagging feeling that something looks very off about Rishi's death. I cannot put my finger on it, but there is something that is wrong. It looks and sounds unconvincing and very opposite to Maya's methods. It is different from S1. I know people have accepted his death. But I cannot, and it is because in a battle of justice, if Maya is right, she deserves to get happiness, why she will have to face the axe. And this is also a Mahabharat, Maya will need both brothers.

@ Bold: Thanks libran!

@ Red: I have a feeling that he'll be helped by every character in their own way. Maya helped him face his fear of the elevators. Ananya is the one who will help him understand that love does not give pain and that just because he was deceived once does not mean he has to give up. And I have this strong feeling that it might be MJ who will finally give him the closure he needs. It could also be Diana's character Myra, if she's playing Rudra's girlfriend.

@ Purple: I honestly don't know what to believe with his death. I keep flipping. It's the fight between heart and mind (or maybe two sides of the mind). It's like you said "this strange nagging feeling". Sometimes I'm thinking, I know Rishi is going to die but I didn't think so soon so this is fake. Other times I'm thinking, yep he's dead. Let's see what happens this week. The promo was obviously fake, but that SBS segment is giving me second thoughts.

Edited by Minionite - 4 years ago
libran90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

@ Bold: Thanks libran!

@ Red: I have a feeling that he'll be helped by every character in their own way. Maya helped him face his fear of the elevators. Ananya is the one who will help him understand that love does not give pain and that just because he was deceived once does not mean he has to give up. And I have this strong feeling that it might be MJ who will finally give him the closure he needs. It could also be Diana's character Myra, if she's playing Rudra's girlfriend.

@ Purple: I honestly don't know what to believe with his death. I keep flipping. It's the fight between heart and mind (or maybe two sides of the mind). It's like you said "this strange nagging feeling". Sometimes I'm thinking, I know Rishi is going to die but I didn't think so soon so this is fake. Other times I'm thinking, yep he's dead. Let's see what happens this week. The promo was obviously fake, but that SBS segment is giving me second thoughts.

Rudra will need all the help he can get. Because he and he only can help Maya turn around. She has been broken by love, only love can heal her, not revenge.

See, they will be showing funeral and maatam for some time surely. But I don't want to watch a repackaged Baazigar here. I want something different as it has been since the show started. Rishi may die now, but there are high chances of him to return, to throw in a plot twist here. Rishi's death is trending on social media as #JoinMaya as it is her first victory against Mrityunjay. But with Rishi dying, Maya will lose herself and the positivity intact in her core will be lost. Hence, temporarily I may accept Rishi's death, but makers can always turn it around. The promo was needed to gauge how audience will perceive this death, and then they can alter the route. They do it all the time in shows. 

And if he is indeed dead for good, what is Rajat shooting for? I am really clueless, but I am sure that there is still more on this Rishi angle to be explored. 

Edited by libran90 - 4 years ago
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: libran90

Rudra will need all the help he can get. Because he and he only can help Maya turn around. She has been broken by love, only love can heal her, not revenge.

See, they will be showing funeral and maatam for some time surely. But I don't want to watch a repackaged Baazigar here. I want something different as it has been since the show started. Rishi may die now, but there are high chances of him to return, to throw in a plot twist here. Rishi's death is trending on social media as #JoinMaya as it is her first victory against Mrityunjay. But with Rishi dying, Maya will lose herself and the positivity intact in her core will be lost. Hence, temporarily I may accept Rishi's death, but makers can always turn it around. The promo was needed to gauge how audience will perceive this death, and then they can alter the route. They do it all the time in shows. 

And if he is indeed dead for good, what is Rajat shooting for? I am really clueless, but I am sure that there is still more on this Rishi angle to be explored. 

@ Bold: He may be showing the past scenes (like history). Even after someone dies, they'll often keep them around to shoot or reshoot history.

libran90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

@ Bold: He may be showing the past scenes (like history). Even after someone dies, they'll often keep them around to shoot or reshoot history.

Yes, probably. But I will still keep my hopes moderately up, that his character could return to add a twist later. Fingers crossed 

Edited by libran90 - 4 years ago