Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pyaricetamol thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

The best part : that mansplaining dismissive Vijay guy was sitting right there. What a douchebag.  

Has Vijay done anything that you are describing him with these adjectives?šŸ˜†

Pyaricetamol thumbnail

Originally posted by: RajvirShrgill

I disagree. Strangely, Alia spoke well than Deepika. Even Manoj Bajpayee agreed with her on many things. Deepika and Ranveer were annoying and fake with their PDA. Why does this Vijay D still roam around with Arjun Reddy attitude and hair? Does he hv no other hit film but that?

Well. I was actually talking about the way she was behaving not exactly about what she spoke. That's what I felt

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: KootyPai

Has Vijay done anything that you are describing him with these adjectives?šŸ˜†

Haan,his behaviour and dismissive tone when the women were talking their piece šŸ˜† Straight up said 'nonsense' without even letting them explain. 

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kamala05

She is indeed a strong woman. Never give a shit to the misogynistic Kerala society after the fans of the Superstar bashed her for her perspective on his film choice and the dialogues. She was jobless for a few months as the makers were afraid of the hate propaganda but she made a comeback despite all the criticism. That being said, I don't agree with many of her perspectives but I like her guts and her talent. 

Completely agree with you! 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I dunno much about her, but I liked the fact that she doesn't seem like a fake feminist or those who talk about feminism just for brownie points like Deepika, Kangana, Priyanka, Swara Bhaskar, Sonam Kapoor and well every BW actress.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail

Did people really called Vijay D, misogynist because he didn't agreed about Deepika saying actress take more risk than actors?

I think people, just assume because they want to assume things. That point, IMO, Vijay was talking about the actors in generals. While Deepika was talking about the "superstars" actors and actresses. I mean in that round table you had males who have played gay, transgender and certain Ayushmann whose career is built on taking risks. So I can understand why Vijay disagreed, while Deepika isn't exactly right, but I can see where she is coming from. And the funniest part in that point was Alia was the voice of the reason, when she in her inarticulate and tuta phuta way explained both Vijay and Deepika's point lol.

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

Did people really called Vijay D, misogynist because he didn't agreed about Deepika saying actress take more risk than actors?

I think people, just assume because they want to assume things. That point, IMO, Vijay was talking about the actors in generals. While Deepika was talking about the "superstars" actors and actresses. I mean in that round table you had males who have played gay, transgender and certain Ayushmann whose career is built on taking risks. So I can understand why Vijay disagreed, while Deepika isn't exactly right, but I can see where she is coming from. And the funniest part in that point was Alia was the voice of the reason, when she in her inarticulate and tuta phuta way explained both Vijay and Deepika's point lol.

I think he is called misogynist for supporting ks and ar type of love..... 

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

The debate about glorification of disturbing acts or characters is relevant and valid....but there should have been other examples bought in which include the same people who said there needs to be a sense of social responsibility ....Iā€™m looking at ranveer and dp

.did Arjun reddy / kabir singh need the wadawowow background score when heā€™s punching up guys? I would say no...thatā€™s glorification for sure 

Similarly if facts are being presented , 

Did khilji need a dance number for himself with the audience cheering? Maybe not 

Did the Jauhar scene need to be filmed majestically with rani saa tu aan Baan hai playing in the background? Should it be shown as an act of courage or an utter tragedy ? Should it fill u with pride or make you squirm? 

Did Bajirao and mastanis infidelity need a sugar coating of eternal love and mohobbat? 

Did ramleela really need the Tagline ā€œgolion ki raasleelaā€ literal translation ā€œromance of the bulletsā€..of course guns were used extensively in the songs aswell ..ishqiyaon dishqiyaon...I have them running guns on each otherā€™s faces and saying Uda doongi

In the above cases the actors justified their Stance saying they went with the directors vision and their expression...and the acts are limited to those characters and not a social commentary ...fair enough..I think Vijay answered the same way 

I think the directors are more answerable than actors in this kinda debate

Edited by pathaka - 4 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

I think he is called misogynist for supporting ks and ar type of love..... 

I have never watched any interview where he supported Kabir Singh or Arjun Reddy kind of love.

His point has always been that he bought into Venga's vision that couples like that exist. And can understand why Venga made that story, because people like that exist.

Two very different things, and to brand him misogynist for that seems harsh.