Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Is she the same actress who was in Qarib Qarib Single?

I just loved her in the movie and she was shoulder to shoulder with Irfaan acting wise which itself is highly impressive. I haven’t watched watched this video/ interview but will do so soon. She intrigues  me. 

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

🤣  ... Can't believe she said it as is about AR and KS in front the actor who played Arjun Reddy! ... Bravo fosho and refreshingly different than the likes of Alia and Deepika who can't even articulate a sentence properly forget about having the guts to call out problematic issues in the movie in front of its cast!

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I've been in love with her from yesterday 💛 Bolly actresses don't even have a quarter of the spine she does. The best part : that mansplaining dismissive Vijay guy was sitting right there. What a douchebag.  

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Parvathys concerns are valid and justified given she survived an abusive relationship herself and has starred in a film precisely about this toxic relationship dynamic...she’s entitled to voicing her opinion and more power to her for that...one can she exactly where she’s coming from..

What I’m curious about is what Vijay did...from what I saw , He didn’t seem to refute her concerns or dismiss them...he said he didn’t have answers but put forth an explanation regarding his thought process behind doing the film and his reflection on the subsequent criticism...that too when prompted by anupama to speak since he was quiet ...he did end up agreeing to the fact that people, particularly someone who has been through that situation would have found the content disturbing...

I guess I also don’t see Vijay as “misogynist arjun reddy guy”...since he’s starred in Pelli choopulu,  dear comrade , mahanati all of which place the women front and centre ...eclipsing his own characters ..their issues and their concerns ...their empowerment and their battles ...

I think it was a good discussion, one worth having at that platform

Edited by pathaka - 4 years ago
Kamala05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

She is indeed a strong woman. Never give a shit to the misogynistic Kerala society after the fans of the Superstar bashed her for her perspective on his film choice and the dialogues. She was jobless for a few months as the makers were afraid of the hate propaganda but she made a comeback despite all the criticism. That being said, I don't agree with many of her perspectives but I like her guts and her talent. 

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

She is one of my favourite actress from notebook days itself n It just make me happy to see her getting the recognition she deserve.. 

Even though I don't agree with all of her stands n some times her OTT harkats too bt still she is the best actress out there take off, Uyare, moideen she was brilliant❤️

Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: WhiteNights.

Is she the same actress who was in Qarib Qarib Single?

I just loved her in the movie and she was shoulder to shoulder with Irfaan acting wise which itself is highly impressive. I haven’t watched watched this video/ interview but will do so soon. She intrigues  me. 

Is that a good movie?

I was thinking of watching it as some friend suggested.

Pyaricetamol thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I saw the entire interview and I must say that she is really well spoken and coherent. Alia was behaving like a kid. Deepika struggling to articulate her thoughts in a proper sentence.Vijay D seems disinterested.