Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hallyumint thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Nikki_srk

To be honest, I never started watching this show for Piansh... I was actually intrigued by the promo showing the Daayan... Then I watched the first episode and I had almost decided to quit... Then I saw Niyati's entry and realised that she is going to play the FL... And since I am a fan of Niyati, I started watching but only watched in bits and pieces...

Then came the lantern scene... I absolutely loved that scene and it got me hooked up... Then the library scene where Ansh saved Pia... After that, in Ved's birthday party episode where Ansh was completely mesmerized by Pia and Pia too was being affected by his proximity... Not to forget my most favourite track, the college trip track...

After that, Ansh got trapped in the DC... And the boring PL-Ansh marriage track... I had taken a Sanyas at that time as I was bored like hell...

Being repelled by Piansh... I tolerated each and every track... I actually got detached when they introduced the leap and that too using the lamest and the stupidest reason... Plus the way Ansh's character took a complete 180° U-turn... I absolutely hated Ansh for that...

Also, to be very honest, I never got too much attached to Piansh... Yes, I liked them but never got too attached.

Interesting.  I had the opposite experience. Supernatural trend was just starting on ITV. But they were mostly saas bahuish than actual supernatural. Naagin 3 being one eg. Then i saw the promo i too was fascinated with the Daayan. My main focus was the leads..All the cast was unknown to me except Ritu, Resham & Kaajal. 

I enjoyed the early scenes especially with the cousins. Man i miss them. The first episode i wasn't so impressed plus Ved irritated me. But the episodes were fast paced so i stuck around. Naagin was boring me this time. I was vested in Ansh's journey as half human - half davansh. And breaking free from his shackles. 

The whole time they showed flashes of Mo in the box i was irritated. Particularly those repeat flashes. Then she came out of the box and came the chutki reveal & the evil Daayan with a maternal heart angle.

I was fascinated they don't show such female character's that too mother's on television. Ved was the typical one there wasn't much to eplore there.

Besides this a lighthearted show delightfully campy. I couldn't care less about the good vs evil debate. It was fun 😉. 

I'm glad they didn't make it only romance family drama rather multi genre. That's how I'm used to watching International shows.  

There are drawbacks to having only romance in a  daily soap. It either needs to be six months or a webseries. Otherwise serials become stagnant. 

Edited by Hallyumint - 4 years ago
Nikita_99503 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Hallyumint

Interesting.  I had the opposite experience. Supernatural trend was just starting on ITV. But they were mostly saas bahuish than actual supernatural. Naagin 3 being one eg. Then i saw the promo i too was fascinated with the Daayan. My main focus was the leads..All the cast was unknown to me except Ritu, Resham & Kaajal. 

I enjoyed the early scenes especially with the cousins. Man i miss them. The first episode i wasn't so impressed Ved irritated me. But the episodes were fast paced so i stuck around. Naagin was boring me this time. I was vested in Ansh's journey as half human - half davansh. And breaking free from his shackles. 

The whole time they showed flashes of Mo in the box i was irritated. Particularly those repeat flashes. Then she came out of the box and came the chutki reveal & the evil Daayan with a maternal heart angle.

I was fascinated they don't show such female character's that too mother's on television. Ved was the typical one there wasn't much to eplore there.

Besides this a lighthearted show delightfully campy. I couldn't care less about the good vs evil debate. It was fun 😉. 

I'm glad they didn't make it only romance family drama rather multi genre. That's how I'm used to watching International shows.  

There are drawbacks to having only romance in a  daily soap. It either needs to be six months or a webseries. Otherwise serials become stagnant. 

Well, I had seen Niyati in YMMKD... Harsh, I had seen him in that Sindbad show on Zee TV although, I never watched that show... I had seen Ritu in one episode of shhh... Koi hai. Although, I didn't remember both Ritu and Harsh clearly...

I really liked the cousins... I still miss them. Among the cousins, Rishi was my favourite followed by Neha. Didn't care much for Kajal though...

I was actually not impressed with the first episode and had I not watched Niyati and that lantern scene, honestly I would have quit the show. Plus I was mainly intrigued by the Daayan and they only gave flashes of Mo, that too repeated ones...

When Mo entered GH and was revealed to be Ved's elder sister, I had hoped that we might get some shades in Ved's character too... But then during Ganesh Chaturthi when they showed Ganesh Ji giving darshan to Ved, I was sure that they are going to show Ved as a whiter than white character...

Then I was initially interested in PL... But the moment Mo entered GH, she was turned complete useless... And I seriously disliked that.

Initially, I thought that they might show a motherly affection in Mo's heart for Ansh but when she spoke about Ansh being a DV and about his powers, I was sure that the makers are not going to show motherly feelings in Mo...

I was irritated with Ved initially but actually started disliking her during the Navratri track... There she was not happy that Ansh was safe and sound because of his DV powers but was actually sad and was literally crying that Ansh used his DV powers... Then came her plan to stop Pia and Naman's marriage... I felt that she was completed selfish there... What if Naman wouldn't have been a negative character? What if Pia would have been marrying Naman because of love? 

She wanted to oust PL because she was a Daayan... What if she wouldn't have been a Daayan??? Plus if she was so eager to oust PL, then why did she stop Mo from kicking her out?

Edited by Nikki_srk - 4 years ago
Hallyumint thumbnail

Originally posted by: TeenRose1

I have similar issue with every Gul show - right from Arnav marrying Khushi for the sake of his sister to Ishqbaaz Shivay - Anika case which is similar to the former to Happy show to recent Jinn show where he married for the sake of his mother! 

Gul doesnt care for her heroines self esteem. Only heroes' growth and progression. 

Do u know this show Quobool Hai.  Asad & Zoya the hero always romanced instead of apologised. In Jinn’s case I’d argue both characters are short changed.

I’m glad Nazar isn’t purely romance genre. It’s much more enjoyable in a multi genre format. 

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

I was actually interested about Dayan since I had never seen anything regarding that.

Since childhood, I have seen ample number of movies featuring Ichyadhari Naagin and this particular concept always irritates me. However, a few years ago there was a movie featuring Kangana Sen Sharma based on Dayan and even though I didn't watch it, I read about the plot on WiKi and really liked the concept. So when they aired the promo with long braid and everything, I really wanted to know about the story. So I used to read WU on and off but I really liked the cunning Mo from whatever I read.

My experience with ITV is horrible. As a kid, I did watch all those typical Ekta shows and by the time I was a teenager, I was fed up with the over-sanskari leads and multiple marriages. Started watching American shows and it only increased my disgust for Ekta shows.

Two series which really intrigued me and forced me into watching Hindi shows again were YHM and NK only to become super crappy. And I never liked the Indian Supernatural genre. Thanks to the overuse of Naagin and Bhoot-Pishach on mainstream shows also, I was fed up. Besides, you really need to show adequate and good VFX for such shows.

I never watched or felt intrigued by PiyAnsh in the first place. The few episodes I did watch - were highly action packed and crucial ones like Piya becoming a Sarpika and Daivik returns plus the Sarp track. I wasn't even a Niyati fan back then.

But accidentally one day I came across YMMKD on YouTube and instantly became a fan of her. The Kohra episode was the first one when I actually felt pain seeing PiyAnsh and started watching the show from the beginning. 

Like you Alisha, I love shows which are balanced and show different aspects of human life. Plus, character development and emotional quotient is important for me. So while watching the older and current episodes simultaneously, I realized PiyAnsh did evolve in their married life and I got invested. 

But thanks to the leap, their essence has been destroyed greatly.

Still I enjoy tracks which show something new or are balanced. Like these days I am really enjoying how the main focus in on Mo but PiyAnsh have their own portion. I wish instead of showing Ved and Gs, they had shown the cousins' parallel story and the kids too. 

Edited by nushy1995 - 4 years ago
Hallyumint thumbnail

Well, I had seen Niyati in YMMKD... Harsh, I had seen him in that Sindbad show on Zee TV although, I never watched that show... I had seen Ritu in one episode of shhh... Koi hai. Although, I didn't remember both Ritu and Harsh clearly...

I really liked the cousins... I still miss them. Among the cousins, Rishi was my favourite followed by Neha. Didn't care much for Kajal though...

Actually Ritu was the main lead for a daily soap of ekta's So i remember her from back then. Both Neha & Kajal i knew off screen at one time.  Kajal i thought they would go somewhere with her asthma problems. I too miss the cousins. Rathods feel incomplete without them 

I was actually not impressed with the first episode and had I not watched Niyati and that lantern scene, honestly I would have quit the show. Plus I was mainly intrigued by the Daayan and they only gave flashes of Mo, that too repeated ones...

Those flashes intrigued you they irritated me. That red mouth & repeat flashbacks. It's only when she came out that i really took notice of her.

When Mo entered GH and was revealed to be Ved's elder sister, I had hoped that we might get some shades in Ved's character too... But then during Ganesh Chaturthi when they showed Ganesh Ji giving darshan to Ved, I was sure that they are going to show Ved as a whiter than white character...

I would say she displayed negative characteristics but they were presented as good traits. The issue i have most with Ved is Helicopter parenting. Grown children in real life have it tough & apart from a few films this issue has never really been addressed. So to have it glorified here just pissed me off. I do get why they had to portray her this way though. 

Then I was initially interested in PL... But the moment Mo entered GH, she was turned complete useless... And I seriously disliked that.

Interesting .  i miss Sonya's presence specially her mini cheeseburger lines 

Initially, I thought that they might show a motherly affection in Mo's heart for Ansh but when she spoke about Ansh being a DV and about his powers, I was sure that the makers are not going to show motherly feelings in Mo...

Mo & Ved both i found selfish in their own ways but yes i was invested in the "Mo even if she is evil she has a right to her kids" line of thought. It was something new to explore with this character.

I was irritated with Ved initially but actually started disliking her during the Navratri track... There she was not happy that Ansh was safe and sound because of his DV powers but was actually sad and was literally crying that Ansh used his DV powers... Then came her plan to stop Pia and Naman's marriage... I felt that she was completed selfish there... What if Naman wouldn't have been a negative character? What if Pia would have been marrying Naman because of love? 

She wanted to oust PL because she was a Daayan... What if she wouldn't have been a Daayan??? Plus if she was so eager to oust PL, then why did she stop Mo from kicking her out?

I remember the trishankalok & Pralay tracks in this 

Nikita_99503 thumbnail

Actually Ritu was the main lead for a daily soap of ekta's So i remember her from back then. Both Neha & Kajal i knew off screen at one time.  Kajal i thought they would go somewhere with her asthma problems. I too miss the cousins. Rathods feel incomplete without them 

Well, I haven't watched even a single Ekta's daily soap so I have absolutely no idea... 

Even I thought that Kajal would go somewhere due to her asthma problem as in GH, pooja-path is going on every second or third day!!!

Definitely... The family feels incomplete without the cousins.

Those flashes intrigued you they irritated me. That red mouth & repeat flashbacks. It's only when she came out that i really took notice of her.

I wad never intrigued by or was interested the flashes. I was talking about the promo... The flashes were definitely irritating.

I was desperately waiting for her to be back in GH...

I would say she displayed negative characteristics but they were presented as good traits. The issue i have most with Ved is Helicopter parenting. Grown children in real life have it tough & apart from a few films this issue has never really been addressed. So to have it glorified here just pissed me off. I do get why they had to portray her this way though. 

Completely agree with you here...

I can't say about missing her though cos after Mo's return, she did not have much role... In fact, initially when Ved mistook her to be the Daivik, I thought that ousting her would be a herculean task for Ved... But, naah!!! Itni didn't happen.

Mo & Ved both i found selfish in their own ways but yes i was invested in the "Mo even if she is evil she has a right to her kids" line of thought. It was something new to explore with this character.

Well, initially I was also invested in this "Mo even if she is a Daayan, she is Ansh's mother" thought... But, after two or maybe three episodes, I got this idea that Mo has no motherly affection for Ansh... And it was way before they revealed that Mo wants to snack on Ansh to increase her age.

I remember each and every track that I have watched very clearly... And I can easily recount them too...

Hallyumint thumbnail

Originally posted by: nushy1995

I was actually interested about Dayan since I had never seen anything regarding that.

Hi 5 Me too. Daayan was a never before explored concept on tv.  

Since childhood, I have seen ample number of movies featuring Ichyadhari Naagin and this particular concept always irritates me. However, a few years ago there was a movie featuring Kangana Sen Sharma based on Dayan and even though I didn't watch it, I read about the plot on WiKi and really liked the concept. So when they aired the promo with long braid and everything, I really wanted to know about the story. So I used to read WU on and off but I really liked the cunning Mo from whatever I read.

They came out with something original in Nazar. I like their mythology.

My experience with ITV is horrible. As a kid, I did watch all those typical Ekta shows and by the time I was a teenager, I was fed up with the over-sanskari leads and multiple marriages. Started watching American shows and it only increased my disgust for Ekta shows.

That's sad to hear😔. You shouldn't have had to suffer that.  I guess mine was better because i spent watching cartoons & itv sitcoms. 

Two series which really intrigued me and forced me into watching Hindi shows again were YHM and NK only to become super crappy. And I never liked the Indian Supernatural genre. Thanks to the overuse of Naagin and Bhoot-Pishach on mainstream shows also, I was fed up. Besides, you really need to show adequate and good VFX for such shows.

YHM - I liked the pairing of Ishita & Naman but i left it after a year because they dragged their love confession for too long. I guess since it's a long soap 'the cow had to go up the tree' in the storyline. That's one of the reasons i'm a big fan of Nazar. Even after a year & a 1/2 they managed to keep their content so fresh.  Naagin initially i watched as an alternative to daily soaps but mid way it became the same like others. I've never been able to complete any of it's seasons so far.

Speaking of YHM it reminds me of a topic i wanted to discuss ' Drawbacks of Romance in a Daily Soap Format' I'll post that later.

ver watched or felt intrigued by PiyAnsh in the first place. The few episodes I did watch - were highly action packed and crucial ones like Piya becoming a Sarpika and Daivik returns plus the Sarp track. I wasn't even a Niyati fan back then.

But accidentally one day I came across YMMKD on YouTube and instantly became a fan of her. The Kohra episode was the first one when I actually felt pain seeing PiyAnsh and started watching the show from the beginning. 

That's interesting . I didn't know that. Mine was the opposite as i mentioned in post 1. I was initially invested in them but that petered out mid way for numerous reasons. 

Like you Alisha, I love shows which are balanced and show different aspects of human life. Plus, character development and emotional quotient is important for me. So while watching the older and current episodes simultaneously, I realized PiyAnsh did evolve in their married life and I got invested. 

For you it's character growth for me it's about the tracks. Not all tracks should be only about romance.  There should be other aspects shown as well. Otherwise u only get "Hero mu heroine... treats her horribly...seperation...yawn 🥱...Rinse Repeat...ff  X no. of yrs..The End". Plus variety is the spice of life. I'm used to the international format. Even the romance dramas i watched they showed other tracks in the background not related to the leads. That way their story wasn't affected & i got see all stages of their courship. First meet-cute to first kiss to first date ( 🤗) to engagement/wedding. 

I guess the point i was trying to make earlier, in my post which admittedly i was frustrated, is "Don't pigeonhole Nazar into something it's not ie. Romance Exclusive / Daily soap  but accept it for what it is Romance / Supernatural/ Daily Soap/ Family / Comedy/ Mystery...etc in short Multi genre. Don't miss the forest for the trees ! "  One enjoy's the show better that way. 

Sorry if i'm sounding preachy here. 🤔

I admit i don't always get what i want & yes i am not satisfied at times but what i get is Nazar. I enjoy it that way. 

But thanks to the leap, their essence has been destroyed greatly.

Still I enjoy tracks which show something new or are balanced. Like these days I am really enjoying how the main focus in on Mo but PiyAnsh have their own portion. I wish instead of showing Ved and Gs, they had shown the cousins' parallel story and the kids too. 

Bold - Hi 5 

Yes i would also have loved to see the cousins track. Sadly there was no space for them. Agreed Rathods are insufferable when they band together and pronounce moral judgment. Indvidually tho except Ved i like them. 

Will answer your earlier post later when i have the energy. 😊

Hallyumint thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nikki_srk

Well, I haven't watched even a single Ekta's daily soap so I have absolutely no idea... 

Even I thought that Kajal would go somewhere due to her asthma problem as in GH, pooja-path is going on every second or third day!!!

Definitely... The family feels incomplete without the cousins.

Hi 5 😛

I wad never intrigued by or was interested the flashes. I was talking about the promo... The flashes were definitely irritating.

I was desperately waiting for her to be back in GH...

Completely agree with you here...

😊

I can't say about missing her though cos after Mo's return, she did not have much role... In fact, initially when Ved mistook her to be the Daivik, I thought that ousting her would be a herculean task for Ved... But, naah!!! Itni didn't happen.

Well, initially I was also invested in this "Mo even if she is a Daayan, she is Ansh's mother" thought... But, after two or maybe three episodes, I got this idea that Mo has no motherly affection for Ansh... And it was way before they revealed that Mo wants to snack on Ansh to increase her age.

So did i there are diff types of mothers Mo i thought was the ambitious one & had a skewered view of where her son's happiness lay. I just want him to learn being cunning from her. Ved sheltered him.

I remember each and every track that I have watched very clearly... And I can easily recount them too...

Oh 😉 One day i'm going to test u on that. I was talking about Ved's selfishness highlighted in these tracks. 

Nikita_99503 thumbnail

Hi 5 smiley17

High five partner!!! 😛

So did i there are diff types of mothers Mo i thought was the ambitious one & had a skewered view of where her son's happiness lay. I just want him to learn being cunning from her. Ved sheltered him.

Same here... Initially I thought that Mo was the ambitious one but when she started continuously harping on Ansh being a Daayan's son and a Davansh, I began to get an inkling that she has some other motive here as she cares for only his powers...

I wanted him to not only learn being smart and cunning from her but also to learn to use his powers...

Oh smiley2 One day i'm going to test u on that. I was talking about Ved's selfishness highlighted in these tracks. 

Ved's selfishness was first highlighted when Ansh brought Pia to GH and she was ready to break Pia and Naman's marriage without a second thought about Pia and her feelings... 

Then in the Navratri episode when Ansh was stabbed and Bhaisa uncle threw Pia, Ansh used his powers to first heal himself and then to fight with his sasurji... And Ved was like Mera Ansh DV nahi ban sakta...

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

They came out with something original in Nazar. I like their mythology.

Me too. 

That's sad to hearsmiley6. You shouldn't have had to suffer that.  I guess mine was better because i spent watching cartoons & itv sitcoms. 

Well I did watch some good sitcoms like - Tu Tu Main Main and Sarabhai. Plus, I used to watch cartoon that they aired in our country. However at that time we only got popular Hindi channels like SP, Zee and Sony. So that was the reign of Ekta Mata and watched all sort of odd things. But it has its own value. Me and my friends have a good laugh regarding what we used to watch and enjoy when we were kids. 😆

YHM - I liked the pairing of Ishita & Raman but i left it after a year because they dragged their love confession for too long. I guess since it's a long soap 'the cow had to go up the tree' in the storyline. That's one of the reasons i'm a big fan of Nazar. Even after a year & a 1/2 they managed to keep their content so fresh.  Naagin initially i watched as an alternative to daily soaps but mid way it became the same like others. I've never been able to complete any of it's seasons so far.

Speaking of YHM it reminds me of a topic i wanted to discuss ' Drawbacks of Romance in a Daily Soap Format' I'll post that later.

It's undeniable that they introduced a fresh concept and KP and DT have sizzling chemistry. I was annoyed with the stretching too but the thing that completely put me off was their overglorification of Yashodha Maa concept.

I truly believe Yashodha as a mother had much more impact in Krishna's life than Devki. Even in normal scenarios, I regard adoptive parents in much higher position than biological parents as they are literally giving everything to someone else's kid and making him/her their own. But when you stress too much on something, ultimately it looks fake. 

Watch Bhootu - they showed a balance between both the mothers' role in the kid's life. But YHM got overboard and at this point, Ishita has practically become a Jagat-Mata.

Completely agree about Nazar. They still have freshness in their story. A lot of the tracks probably took inspiration from other shows but ended up in a different way - which is both surprising and thrilling. 

Edited by nushy1995 - 4 years ago