Frequent Posters

Bluehue thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Why so serious? 

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Its actually interesting and amazing that both played the same character in a completely different manner. Heath's joker only invokes hatred while Joaquin's joker makes you feel sympathetic and strangely happy for him in the end.

Its difficult to choose. Heath is a legend and Joaquin is legend in making.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Shirish Kunder's Joker > Todd Philip's Joker

Joaquin Phoenix is a far superior actor than Heath Ledger was. Even in the little bits of the trailer you can see Joaquin completely immerse himself in the role. The expression, the movement, the way he carries his body, absolute perfection. 

That being said the Dark Knight was a brilliant movie. The joker in that film was well etched with a good narrative character arc. The most recent rendition of joker is shoddily written. He is an unsympathetic incel loser. The arc is a great disservice to such an iconic character. That Joaquin shines in such a poorly written and executed movie is a testament to his talent. 

So if you look at acting alone Joaquin > Heath. But when you look at the character as a whole with his story arc and interactions Heath > Joaquin. Like really way superior. 

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Ledger. Handsdown. Joker is someone you would fear or make you uncomfortable. That's the core of the character. Even in the most non violent Joker comics,you can see Bruce feeling uncomfortable in his presence. They were acquaintances and friends in many early DC versions before both went the other way.

This Joker was really not Joker. He was just a clown who's abuse,mental health issues were somehow justifications for taking the law in their hands. Do I feel bad about the life he had? Yes. I wish he got help he needed. Does that mean he can harm others? No. The movie almost justifies this. 

Ledger was an enigma as Joker. Its also easier to fear something we know nothing about. Like Ledger's Joker. No definite backstory no reason why he was doing what he doing. Exactly what the comic book versions have. I remember in one Alfred even says how Bruce will never defeat Joker cause Bruce will never know whats the reason for his Villainy. 

Acting wise Joaquin was phenomenal and will get the Oscar no doubt. But he was not really Joker-Joker. Just a troubled young man which could be a standalone movie without the Joker moniker.

Ledger remains the finest Joker. 

Edited by AllThatCritique - 4 years ago
ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Comparison would be an insult coz both of them did justice to the role in their own ways. I actually feel for Joacquin, coz it actually takes courage to play a role which is already established by a certain actor. And still he has managed to get so many praises, this is an achievement for him. As much as I have loved Heath Ledger as Joker, I have loved Joacquin too. RIP Heath.❤️

sherlockthor thumbnail

for me, He was most accurate to comic book and cartoons..

like insane, maniac and that hair and makeup ..

wish he had more role in suicide squad coz they cut so many of his scenes

Originally posted by: sherlockthor

for me, He was most accurate to comic book and cartoons..

like insane, maniac and that hair and makeup ..

wish he had more role in suicide squad coz they cut so many of his scenes

Huh.. he was the most non comic book Joker though 🤔 Cartoons like the animated series yes a little bit I would say but not really comic books. But tattoos..grills in teeth..They gave him the worst look ever..a glorified rapper -_- Hard to take seriously and without gravity. Also Joker is more on the side of psychological manipulation which Leto's Joker didn't have. It was mostly comic relief and funny faces.

Aah James Gunn version won't have him after complete panning of his performance :| He's not part of OG suicide squad as well. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

IS THIS A SHITPOST OR A REALPOST? 😲